+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anybody who can help me - marriage fraud

victimfraud

Dec 12, 2011
I am a victim of the immigration marriage fraud. I am a woman, I met someone from internet who was on visitor visa in Canada. After several months dating, I fell pregnant, so I married him and sponsored him for immigration. The immigration approval process was so quickly, he landed as immigrant in this september, just 8 months after our marriage. Because his behaviour is starting to be more suspecious, I recorded his conversation with his friend, therefore I found out he is cheating me. He said to his friend that all he did is lying and the only purpuse is to get the immigration card.

Both I and my baby are the victims of this fraud. I can not sleep every night.

He doesn't know I recorded his conversation and he is still pretending to be my husband. But he started to be more and more cold with me. And he doesn't talk about divorcing. I feel he is waiting for me to propose the divorce. What can I do? Any suggestion?

I didn't file my fraud report yet, as I don't know how they will do the investigation. I called both CIC and Canada border services agency several times, they don't give me this information. There is only one agent who told me that the case may be investigated in several years and it is difficult to prove the genuine marriage or not.

So I hesitate to report this fraud. My question is: how the investigation will be done? Is there an investigator who will go to the guy and ask him questions about our marriage? If so, i am very scared, he will find out I reported him and he will do every effort to give me troubles.

The information I get is that the chance of succeeding the report is very low, and the processing time is very long (for years). Is it true?

I feel that the immigration marriage fraud is a serious crime, as victim, I have few support and the person who lied can not get the punishment he deserve. This is really unfair. Especially, he cheated me to have a baby in order to secure his immigration, this is unacceptable. My baby won't have a normal familly since her birth and how can I explain to her that she is also a victim of the marriage fraud for immigration?

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
Sorry to hear that.

Hire a good attorney and report to the CIC with your attorney's help and good documentation. try to gather as many proofs as you can which can prove that your husband made a fraud to get a PR status in Canada.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
OK - how do I put this? Any woman who finds out that her husband is cheating will feel betrayed - whether she sponsored him for permanent status in Canada or not - and anger is completely justified. But you have a child with this man and that makes you vulnerable in more ways than just your heart. If he gets deported, how will you collect child support for your baby? Your obligation, as a result of having sponsored him, is 3 years from the date of his landing - and that really only matters if he collects social assistance. His obligation to you, however - because of your child - is at least 18 years of child support!! If you get him kicked out of the country, how will your Province collect support on your behalf?

If you don't want to live in a marriage that you feel is a lie, then don't. Kick him out, get a lawyer and file for divorce. Your Province will make sure his wages are attached for child support, and you're probably entitled to spousal support as well. If you use Immigration Canada to punish him, he might get kicked out of Canada - but it will take years. And, in the end, you stand to lose more (financially) than you will ever gain with your "sweet revenge".

My advice: leave Immigration Canada out of it.

lucky rain

Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
RobsLuv said:
OK - how do I put this? Any woman who finds out that her husband is cheating will feel betrayed - whether she sponsored him for permanent status in Canada or not - and anger is completely justified. But you have a child with this man and that makes you vulnerable in more ways than just your heart. If he gets deported, how will you collect child support for your baby? Your obligation, as a result of having sponsored him, is 3 years from the date of his landing - and that really only matters if he collects social assistance. His obligation to you, however - because of your child - is at least 18 years of child support!! If you get him kicked out of the country, how will your Province collect support on your behalf?

If you don't want to live in a marriage that you feel is a lie, then don't. Kick him out, get a lawyer and file for divorce. Your Province will make sure his wages are attached for child support, and you're probably entitled to spousal support as well. If you use Immigration Canada to punish him, he might get kicked out of Canada - but it will take years. And, in the end, you stand to lose more (financially) than you will ever gain with your "sweet revenge".

My advice: leave Immigration Canada out of it.

I agree

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
victimfraud said:
I am a victim of the immigration marriage fraud. I am a woman, I met someone from internet who was on visitor visa in Canada. After several months dating, I fell pregnant, so I married him and sponsored him for immigration. The immigration approval process was so quickly, he landed as immigrant in this september, just 8 months after our marriage. Because his behaviour is starting to be more suspecious, I recorded his conversation with his friend, therefore I found out he is cheating me. He said to his friend that all he did is lying and the only purpuse is to get the immigration card.

Both I and my baby are the victims of this fraud. I can not sleep every night.

He doesn't know I recorded his conversation and he is still pretending to be my husband. But he started to be more and more cold with me. And he doesn't talk about divorcing. I feel he is waiting for me to propose the divorce. What can I do? Any suggestion?

I didn't file my fraud report yet, as I don't know how they will do the investigation. I called both CIC and Canada border services agency several times, they don't give me this information. There is only one agent who told me that the case may be investigated in several years and it is difficult to prove the genuine marriage or not.

So I hesitate to report this fraud. My question is: how the investigation will be done? Is there an investigator who will go to the guy and ask him questions about our marriage? If so, i am very scared, he will find out I reported him and he will do every effort to give me troubles.

The information I get is that the chance of succeeding the report is very low, and the processing time is very long (for years). Is it true?

I feel that the immigration marriage fraud is a serious crime, as victim, I have few support and the person who lied can not get the punishment he deserve. This is really unfair. Especially, he cheated me to have a baby in order to secure his immigration, this is unacceptable. My baby won't have a normal familly since her birth and how can I explain to her that she is also a victim of the marriage fraud for immigration?
I absolutely agree with RobsLuv Comments !

My kind advice is be normal and don't jump in to any conclusion with out gathering multiple proofs. Right now you have to pay more attention to yourself and your child and be strong and trust living god to face the life consequences and more over if you want further help, guide and support than kindly contact this orginization http://www.fraudmarriage.ca/Reportafraud.aspx and you can shoot a letter to the undermentioned Minister address :-

Candice Malcolm
Minister's Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-954-1064
Candice.Malcolm@cic.gc.ca

Praying for you !

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Agree. This is a matter for family court, not immigration.

kaloka

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
03-01-2012
Med's Request
06-02-2012- started processing
Passport Req..
18-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012 :D
I am really sorry to hear your situation. Since your spouse is already been granted a permanent residency, CIC is not responsible anymore of whatever happens to your marriage after PR. So reporting that your marriage is fraud and wanting his residency cancelled, not gonna happen so easy and not worth stressing your self out.

Try to talk to your husband and be open to what you feel. Communication is very important to any relationship. You have a child from him and try to do every option you have to make your relationship work. If you don't have feelings for him anymore then get a divorce. good luck ..

Be strong

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
So you are only a few months into your sponsorship?

I agree with all the previous posts....don't kick him out if the country. Play nicely for the next couple years, so he doesn't go on welfare and ruinyour life further ...then after your undertaking is finished go after him for child custody and support.

More than one way to make him pay.

Lynn