+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody planning to complain to Minister regarding new rule on Update Payment ?

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Dear All,

My application was recently returned due to declined credit card. My bank had blocked the card due to irregeular activities and as soon that happened, i called the CIO customer service and i was told to wait as CIO would contact me once my payment transaction fails. It was a normal practice with 30 days time frame. I did nothing that time anymore as i was waiting for email from CIO on update request. It was July 2nd when i called them.

After i was waiting for quite a long time, i called them back again on August 13th and came to know that they had changed the rule of payment update. There is no more 30 days rule!! I was shocked as anybody can ever be. The lady agent was kind enough to suggest me that i could have sent an update info without the email request from CIO if i knew that my CC has any issues. I sent out new form with explanation within two hours after hanging up the phone and it reached there on 18th. But on 25th, i got my application returned as they had tried to charge my card on 9th and failed.

My pain is that, why i was fed two differnt types of information from them? And also, if things are supposed to change for post June 26th applicants, why we , May applicants and some June applicants, suffered this changes?? Aint it a discrimination to small segment of applicants? I know some April candidates got their 30 days time to update request.

i was wondering if any of the applications who got their applications return without any file number had complained to the minister. If you have or planning to do so, please update your result here. It would give courage to others at the same boat to do the same.

Thanks and yes i am planning to write to the minister shortly after this is posted.

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aakash28 said:
Dear All,

My application was recently returned due to declined credit card. My bank had blocked the card due to irregeular activities and as soon that happened, i called the CIO customer service and i was told to wait as CIO would contact me once my payment transaction fails. It was a normal practice with 30 days time frame. I did nothing that time anymore as i was waiting for email from CIO on update request. It was July 2nd when i called them.

After i was waiting for quite a long time, i called them back again on August 13th and came to know that they had changed the rule of payment update. There is no more 30 days rule!! I was shocked as anybody can ever be. The lady agent was kind enough to suggest me that i could have sent an update info without the email request from CIO if i knew that my CC has any issues. I sent out new form with explanation within two hours after hanging up the phone and it reached there on 18th. But on 25th, i got my application returned as they had tried to charge my card on 9th and failed.

My pain is that, why i was fed two differnt types of information from them? And also, if things are supposed to change for post June 26th applicants, why we , May applicants and some June applicants, suffered this changes?? Aint it a discrimination to small segment of applicants? I know some April candidates got their 30 days time to update request.

i was wondering if any of the applications who got their applications return without any file number had complained to the minister. If you have or planning to do so, please update your result here. It would give courage to others at the same boat to do the same.

Thanks and yes i am planning to write to the minister shortly after this is posted.

Thanks,
There was never any "30 day rule" You wanted to pay by credit card, your CC company refused to process it, CIO is not your mother, they aren't going to wait around to get paid. So no pay for the service, they returned the application. Maybe in the future you should inform your credit card company where it will be used. I know that when I travel, I inform my card companies where I will be using my card, so it won't be blocked as possible fraud.

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Make the payment by a money order as soon as possible. Don't waste your time to argue with CC or CIO. You need them process your file asap, right? Then, what you have to do is to make CIO get your payment asap ar first!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canada001 said:
Make the payment by a money order as soon as possible. Don't waste your time to argue with CC or CIO. You need them process your file asap, right? Then, what you have to do is to make CIO get your payment asap ar first!
Note the OP application has already been returned by CIO Sydney.

Canada_Home

May 17, 2012
Hi Aakash, How did you resolve this situation? I see that you already landed! Congratulations!
Now, i am in a similar situation where i had to close my credit card account.
Please advise.

Thanks mate!