+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got medical request for trv extension within canada

Akhatoon

Feb 18, 2019
Hi..I am in the same situation...I have applied for TRV extension for my mom and I got the visitor record approved but with condition to undergo Medical exam today! They have given 30 day time period! However she will be leaving Canada in one month !
Should I still go ahead and do a medical exam or inform CIC know on the same and ask if it is still required??

Any suggestions please?? Confused!
When did you apply for the extension? Was it online? When did you receive the approval? For how many months is the approval? I am trying to track when my extension would be approved since I applied online on June 29.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Do not worry at all..your mother will get her extension approved (they do ask for medicals if the applicant has previously not undergone medical exam). cic must have sent you details how to do the medical in the message. the cost of medical exam is approximately 250 dollars and it is not covered in insurance.

Follow these steps to undergo a medical exam:-

Step 1) you need an appointment first from an approved doctor. Only Panel Physicians approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada can do this exam. you can find the list of approved doctors from this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

you can call for appointment to the nearest doctor where you live from the above link. (best to choose a doctor who give you an early appointment ). Also check with the doctor's office when you book your appointment about e-medical (if the doctor work with CIC via the E-medical). e-medical exams are use to record and send Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results to CIC. It is more accurate, convenient and faster than paper-based processing.

Step 2) one the appointment day. take your mother's passport, identity and the medical request email with you (or your application submission receipt/confirmation which ever has the application file number)

Step 3) on the completion of the medical the doctor will give you a paper having your mother's details and IME number etc..its sort of confirmation of medical exam.

Step 4) scan the document and upload it into your mycic account.

Thats All...you are done and you will soon get the approval and enjoy the stay with your mother.

Hope it helps...

Kriv thanks a million times for your help. I just found the answers I was looking for in your response.
Just one question for whoever could help me:
My mother in-law will be going for the same medical exam soon as requested by IRCC. But she has diabetes.
Will that affect her chances of her TRV Extension? Will her TRV extension application be rejected because of her medical condition? Though she has a Travel Medical Insurance.
Thanks for helping.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Kriv thanks a million times for your help. I just found the answers I was looking for in your response.
Just one question for whoever could help me:
My mother in-law will be going for the same medical exam soon as requested by IRCC. But she has diabetes.
Will that affect her chances of her TRV Extension? Will her TRV extension application be rejected because of her medical condition? Though she has a Travel Medical Insurance.
Thanks for helping.
Will be dependent on the results of her medical especially her kidney function which is impacted by diabetes. Her travel insurance is unlikely to cover any treatment related to her diabetes so it won’t influence approval. It is good to have emergency medical insurance in case something unrelated to diabetes does happen but diabetes could be linked to many vascular conditions so if something does happens many insurance companies will try to blame the diabetes.