+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any visa update from MAY JUNE applicants as of today

rushcrush

Jul 14, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm new in this forum. I applied on 14th June'18 offline through VFS Kolkata (which got sent to CIC Delhi) and linked my application online on 27th June. I haven't received any updates from CIC Delhi yet other than the student acknowledgement email. University application for a 1-year Master of Laws program. I've got a dual degree Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws (with 59.7%) from India. I got 84.2% in ICSE 10 and 81% in ISC 12 when calculated using best of 5 subjects method. Although as I remember, I did get a 43 in Business Maths in ISC 12 and at that time, the lowest marks were set at 35. I hope they don't factor in high school grades for unrelated subjects for master's level students because that worries me at times. I do have about 3 years of work exp as a commercial lawyer in India (2 years with a big firm, 1-year solo practitioner). For funds, I showed proof of payment of the 1st-sem fee, CAD 10K GIC receipt, INR 20 lakh sanctioned from Axis Bank and rest of the funds given by my mom (through an affidavit) in the form of INR 8 lakhs Post-Office MIS savings, INR 2.5 lakhs in savings bank accounts. One thing to point out, my own income at the time of applying, was particularly low (say around 1.2 lakhs per year), shown by Income tax returns receipt. I hope that doesn't cause problems. My program starts on the 1st of August 2018 and I've booked my ticket on 30th July. So I'm pretty worried about the processing time.

Please let me know your suggestions.