+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any updates from caregiver applicant in Canada?

solace

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

Is there any additional requirements in applying caregiver in Canada? I heard that one caregiver applicant was denied because she did not pass the IELTS? I am so confused since what I knew was that Caregiver Applicant dont need to take IELTS? Anyone in this column can share updates regarding the caregiver applicants to canada... Until now I am still waiting for good news regarding my application I submitted last January 2013 as caregiver in Canada.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
solace said:
Hello everyone,

Is there any additional requirements in applying caregiver in Canada? I heard that one caregiver applicant was denied because she did not pass the IELTS? I am so confused since what I knew was that Caregiver Applicant dont need to take IELTS? Anyone in this column can share updates regarding the caregiver applicants to canada... Until now I am still waiting for good news regarding my application I submitted last January 2013 as caregiver in Canada.
My autie is confused too, she found a employer in canada. While browsing the requirements (Embassy of Canada in Manila) she found out that she need need IELTS exam. Waaahh. This is very confusing. My wife applied under LCP last 2012 and she didn't submit any IELTS exam.

solace

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Yes, the requirements also didnt mention of passing the IELTS for caregiver, Is your auntie applying for LCP?

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
solace said:
Yes, the requirements also didnt mention of passing the IELTS for caregiver, Is your auntie applying for LCP?
Yes, she's applying from Philippines. As far as I know ielts os only for PR applicants.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nismopinoy said:
Yes, she's applying from Philippines. As far as I know ielts os only for PR applicants.
From the Manila web site for LCPs

Ability to speak, read and understand either English or French

You must be able to function independently in a home setting. For example, you must be able to contact emergency services if required and to understand labels on medication. Caregivers will be unsupervised for most of the day and may be put in a position of having to communicate with someone outside the home. A good knowledge of English or French will also enable you to read and understand your rights and obligations as a Temporary Foreign Worker in Canada.

Please be advised that you are encouraged to undertake language proficiency testing (IELTS or TEF) and provide the results as this is the best way to provide proof of language skills. Information regarding these examinations is available online at IELTS and TEF.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
PMM said:
Hi

From the Manila web site for LCPs

Ability to speak, read and understand either English or French

You must be able to function independently in a home setting. For example, you must be able to contact emergency services if required and to understand labels on medication. Caregivers will be unsupervised for most of the day and may be put in a position of having to communicate with someone outside the home. A good knowledge of English or French will also enable you to read and understand your rights and obligations as a Temporary Foreign Worker in Canada.

Please be advised that you are encouraged to undertake language proficiency testing (IELTS or TEF) and provide the results as this is the best way to provide proof of language skills. Information regarding these examinations is available online at IELTS and TEF.
So there's no speaktest already in Philippines? Instead its ielts or tef?

solace

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
I dont know also if there is no speak test instead IELTS or TEF. Anyone in this room can give us clear direction?

cutenurse21

Oct 1, 2013
Hi everyone! Got my visa yesterday! To make things clear. If you are applying here in the Phils, need to undergo SPEAKTEST regardless if you have IELTS. In other countries, Speaktest is not necessary since they are basing your experience as a caregiver.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
cutenurse21 said:
Hi everyone! Got my visa yesterday! To make things clear. If you are applying here in the Phils, need to undergo SPEAKTEST regardless if you have IELTS. In other countries, Speaktest is not necessary since they are basing your experience as a caregiver.
Can u post ur timeline pls.. Thank you

Enihp

Mar 7, 2014
Proof of language ability and knowledge and skills is required for live-in caregiver. And the embassy requires to take the Speak test as proof, however if you choose not to, an IELTS should be submitted otherwise.

Though, I would like to know if the result of 5.5 (IELTS overall) will make me eligible in the program.