+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any successful applicants without Referral letter on Company Letter head

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi Friends,

I am in a situation where I am collecting supporting documents after receiving ITA . I have experience with 5 companies out of which I am able to get experience letters from 3 companies as per CIC format on company letter heads . For 2 of these 5 ,I managed to get signed letter on plane paper from my supervisors as per Cic format with their business card. These documents were accepted by OINP officer and I am offered nomination.

Are there any applicants whose applications are accepted by CIC without referral letter on Company leads. Anyone submitted referral letters like me (letter from supervisor with their business card)

I am worried with the way applications are handled by CIC .

Experts ..Any suggestions for my situation , while we get updates from other applicants who faced this situation

Thanks
Krishna

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submittted my app with out employment letter as my current company refused to give employment letter in the format requested by CIC...however I have submitted below documents with my application to prove my CEC experience...
1) employment letters ( recieved from company during work permit extension and US visa application)-Roles and responsibilities missing in the docs..
2)Reference letter from Manger - this letter has most of the info but not on company letter head..
3) salary slips (2 yrs)
4) Notice of assessments and T4 documents..
5) salary change letters
6) deputation/secondments employment letters ..

Waiting for CIC's decision......

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishvasireddy said:
Hi Friends,

I am in a situation where I am collecting supporting documents after receiving ITA . I have experience with 5 companies out of which I am able to get experience letters from 3 companies as per CIC format on company letter heads . For 2 of these 5 ,I managed to get signed letter on plane paper from my supervisors as per Cic format with their business card. These documents were accepted by OINP officer and I am offered nomination.

Are there any applicants whose applications are accepted by CIC without referral letter on Company leads. Anyone submitted referral letters like me (letter from supervisor with their business card)

I am worried with the way applications are handled by CIC .

Experts ..Any suggestions for my situation , while we get updates from other applicants who faced this situation

Thanks
Krishna
Look at the following podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE79hudQ8nk

Reference Letters are mandatory and it is the discretion of the officer handling your file.

Bahamas

Oct 8, 2015
Nassau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajanvnv said:
Look at the following podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE79hudQ8nk

Reference Letters are mandatory and it is the discretion of the officer handling your file.
How can something be mandatory and discretionary at the same time?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Employment letters are mandatory documents for the applicant. However if applicant fails to comply with the exact format then the decision on whether to accept the letter in the provided format or to accept other supporting documents is at the discretion of the VO.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bahamas said:
How can something be mandatory and discretionary at the same time?
The decision to approve your case or not is in the hands of the officer assigned to your file. CIC expects a set of standard set of documents to be submitted but there are always alternatives you can submit and CIC will not stop you from submitting the alternative documents. But when you submit the alternative documents, there is no guarantee that you case will be approved and if it is denied, there is no way you can turn over the decision by going through a reconsideration. For that matter, even through a Judicial review.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Not all companies give such letters. My company, for instance, doesn't. I have heard of a few cases where the application was approved where the applicant had submitted an alternate document.

The bottomline is that if you can conclusively prove that you are indeed employed as claimed for at least the minimum number of hours, then yes, there is a good chance for the application to be approved. If you are planning on submitting an alternate document, then it is prudent to provide as much additional documentation as possible like payslips, offer letters, joining letters, increment letters, promotion letters and appreciation emails.

Let's hope for the best and let us all taste success :) . Good luck and all the very best!

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Not all companies give such letters. My company, for instance, doesn't. I have heard of a few cases where the application was approved where the applicant had submitted an alternate document.

The bottomline is that if you can conclusively prove that you are indeed employed as claimed for at least the minimum number of hours, then yes, there is a good chance for the application to be approved. If you are planning on submitting an alternate document, then it is prudent to provide as much additional documentation as possible like payslips, offer letters, joining letters, increment letters, promotion letters and appreciation emails.

Let's hope for the best and let us all taste success :) . Good luck and all the very best!
There are several cases that have been approved and there are equal amount of cases rejected as well. The right way of doing in case if your company does not issue such a letter is to get a official letter or an email stating they do not issues such letters (for whatever reasons it may be) and then list down your roles and responsibilities and have it signed by your manager or at least colleague and attach their business card. Along with this, you can also attach all the documents that you have mentioned and that might work.

The main thing CIC is trying to validate here if the roles and responsibilities that you are performing/performed is matching with the one's of the NOC that you are applying and hence this letter is important.

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
If you still get 67 and over points without the employment you don't have a reference letter for, what difference does it make?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valioiko said:
If you still get 67 and over points without the employment you don't have a reference letter for, what difference does it make?
Are you saying that you have worked with multiple employers and you don't have reference letters for some of them and considering only the one's you have, you are able to get 67 and above. In that case, you are good.

But just a reminder, there are some minimum requirements for experience. There can be candidates who are getting 67 points without any work experience at all and they do not qualify since they do not meet the minimum requirements.

What I mean, you definitely need to show work experience for at least a year to be eligible for this program (hence reference letter for one year experience is reqd)

---
See below:

Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:
•at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
•paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
•in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B),
•within the last 10 years, and
•at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rajanvnv said:
There are several cases that have been approved and there are equal amount of cases rejected as well. The right way of doing in case if your company does not issue such a letter is to get a official letter or an email stating they do not issues such letters (for whatever reasons it may be) and then list down your roles and responsibilities and have it signed by your manager or at least colleague and attach their business card. Along with this, you can also attach all the documents that you have mentioned and that might work.

The main thing CIC is trying to validate here if the roles and responsibilities that you are performing/performed is matching with the one's of the NOC that you are applying and hence this letter is important.
Obviously, we need to prove that inspite of our genuine effort, we were not able to get the letter. Plus, it is also important to get roles from a senior colleague and attach his business card/employee ID card.. Again, not everyone have a business card..

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello please check the reply by Asivad Anac to see if that's of any help
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employer-hr-refuses-official-job-letter-with-addnl-detailed-job-duties-t316445.0.html

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
rajanvnv said:
Are you saying that you have worked with multiple employers and you don't have reference letters for some of them and considering only the one's you have, you are able to get 67 and above. In that case, you are good.

But just a reminder, there are some minimum requirements for experience. There can be candidates who are getting 67 points without any work experience at all and they do not qualify since they do not meet the minimum requirements.

What I mean, you definitely need to show work experience for at least a year to be eligible for this program (hence reference letter for one year experience is reqd)

---
See below:

Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:
•at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
•paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
•in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B),
•within the last 10 years, and
•at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Exactly! I have 10+ years of experience, CLB 9 in all modules, 32 years of age, BA degree. I've been working with my last employer for 2+ years in an occupation skill level A or B. So even if I only have a reference letter from my current employer, I still collect 68 points. This was what I meant.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valioiko said:
Exactly! I have 10+ years of experience, CLB 9 in all modules, 32 years of age, BA degree. I've been working with my last employer for 2+ years in an occupation skill level A or B. So even if I only have a reference letter from my current employer, I still collect 68 points. This was what I meant.
Yes, then it should work.