+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any students attending Uni of Regina?`

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
Guys hopefully i will attend this university on September 2011 if all goes well on my account.
I want to gather as many people as possible from Pakistan who are planning to attend this university, so if anyone interested please coordinate with me.

tzmarri

Star Member
Mar 5, 2011
hey fahad.. I have been accepted for the BASc program of Petroleum Systems Engineering.. Plz keep in touch with me.. Hopefully we will meet up this fall at the Uni of Regina :)

hasankhan8

Apr 9, 2011
Karachi, Pak.
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zippy said:
yep am applying for the study visa on the acceptance letter of u or Regina in masters of electrical engineering.my grades were CGPA 3.34(78%) .i studies all courses in English so just only attached proof for it. but later i had a bit free time so did my ielts as well with 7 band,but i got my admission before that.if you need any other info feel free to ask

regards
awais islam
Hey zippy,
could you please provide me your personal e-mail id at hasan. khan @ msn. com (delete the spaces). I would really appreciate it.

zippy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
cic islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giv me ur facebook name i will add u there

hasankhan8

Apr 9, 2011
Karachi, Pak.
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Facebook name:

M Hasan Khan Pasha

id:

facebook. com/ hasankhan (delete the spaces)

rizkhokhar

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I have also applied in University of Regina for Fall 2011 (Sep 2011). But possibly i will request them to consider me for January 2012 intake (Need to maintain my bank statement). I have applied for Phd in Computer Science. I am sending all my previous post secondary documents to them. But the way they asked me to submit the documents is little bit complex. All those documents must be posted them directly from the universities where I have studied those degrees. Anyway I have followed the procedure and all those documents are received by them on 20 April (Checked through courier website). Only reference letters are left which would be sent to them within a week or so.

I am residing in UK and recently completed my MSc in Computing from university of Wales. Already I have Master in Information Tech. from Pakistan. I would lodge my application in Canada embassy in London, if every thing goes fine. I have to maintain 1 year tuition fee + 1 year expenditures + fare to go in my bank statement for 4 months. The university's website shows the cost equal to 16220 Canadian dollars. In this way I have to maintain 11000 Brit Pounds for 4 months.

I need to know anything else in this regard, as I have read that most of the fellows in this thread have concerns about study permit related issues and University of Regina.

tzmarri

Star Member
Mar 5, 2011
Hello Mr.Khokhar.. U will InshALLAH get ur acceptance soon from Uni Regina.. Yes they do want Post Secondary documents DIRECTLY sent from the institutions u attended.. But an alternate way is to get sealed envelopes of Post Secondary transcripts from the institutions u attended and send them yourself.. However I am an undergraduate student from pakistan.. I got my acceptance within two weeks after I applied for the BASc program of Petroleum Systems Engineering.. I gave them notarized copies of my documents but now I have to show them the original documents when I get there..

Now I am just waiting for my Study Permit/Visa.. Here in Pakistan the CHC ppl are hibernating I guess.. All of us who applied in January-February have not received medical calls yet.. I guess visa processing in London will be fast.. Hope for the best..

tzmarri

Star Member
Mar 5, 2011
And yes Sir a bank statement of around 12000 pounds will work.. It depends on the duration of the program u will attend.. Like my program is of 4.5 years so I had to show my parents' bank statements of around 55000 dollars with affidavits and consent letters..

rizkhokhar

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot tzmarri to read my stuff. The processing time for student visa in London is really efficient. As one of my friend got the response within 20 days. Although the result was negative but the response time was satisfactory.

One thing; the duration of my course is 3-5 years. So what i have heard that only the first year's expenses must be maintained for four months. It is the requirement and any extras are optional or to make the case stronger. University demonstrate that 16220 dollars are the cost of 1 year.

tzmarri

Star Member
Mar 5, 2011
Ur welcome..Actually sir on the Study Permit application form IMM1294E you will have to fill the complete cost of your studies for the complete duration of your studies.. And then there will be a field for Funds available to you (as in your bank statements).. So I guess the cases which provide proof of funds for the complete duration of studies are stronger ones.. However, I have heard students on this forum that the proof of funds for just one year is enough to secure the Visa.. However I am still unsure of that..

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Umair81 got his visa for his masters on the basis of 1 year formulae recommended by users. Extra money shown is always positive. If you have it on your account, show it. However, Your overall application is key to success not just to show a buckload of money.

ug83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
Hi

My question to all of you who have recieved their offer letter from University of regina

is that " have you submitted your GMAT score as it is the requirement of most of the programs.

i was interested in one of their business management diploma programs but on website it says i have to provide GMAT score.

is it really necessary to get the admission?