+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

rashed2150

Jun 27, 2015
I have about 7 years experience in one NOC "A". In 2011 I applied for PR under another NOC "B" which was, in my opinion, closely related to my actual NOC "A". However, that application was rejected on the ground of not being correct NOC. As my CRS is 455 now, I want to apply again under my actual NOC which is "A". I already gained about 3 years experience after 2011. Now my question is, should I mention those experience gained before 2011 which was my correct NOC "A" , as it might help to ensure maximum points from work experience. MY occupation was always and still is NOC "A" . I have declared in EE profile about my previous application and UCI number.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rashed2150 said:
I have about 7 years experience in one NOC "A". In 2011 I applied for PR under another NOC "B" which was, in my opinion, closely related to my actual NOC "A". However, that application was rejected on the ground of not being correct NOC. As my CRS is 455 now, I want to apply again under my actual NOC which is "A". I already gained about 3 years experience after 2011. Now my question is, should I mention those experience gained before 2011 which was my correct NOC "A" , as it might help to ensure maximum points from work experience. MY occupation was always and still is NOC "A" . I have declared in EE profile about my previous application and UCI number.

Thanks
If all of your experience is under that same NOC, you can choose to declare all or some of your experience to gain CRS points (which max out at 3 years of experience in the last 10 years) and FSW program eligibility points (which max out at 6 years of experience in the last 10 years).

Remember that you will have to provide work reference letters in the required format to validate whatever work experience you include in your EE profile (whether it gets your points or not).

rashed2150

Jun 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If all of your experience is under that same NOC, you can choose to declare all or some of your experience to gain CRS points (which max out at 3 years of experience in the last 10 years) and FSW program eligibility points (which max out at 6 years of experience in the last 10 years).

Remember that you will have to provide work reference letters in the required format to validate whatever work experience you include in your EE profile (whether it gets your points or not).
Thank you very much Asivad Anac.

But will it create problem as the experience was already shown in my last PR application under another NOC ? I can provide reference letters to prove my current NOC for those experience.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rashed2150 said:
Thank you very much Asivad Anac.

But will it create problem as the experience was already shown in my last PR application under another NOC ? I can provide reference letters to prove my current NOC for those experience.
And you were rejected because it did not match that NOC. It is perfectly fine to make a mistake in choosing the relevant NOC. NOC is an internal Services Canada way of organizing job functions and most applicants can only ever find close approximations to their own job roles unless you happen to work in Canada for an organization which structures its HR function around the NOC framework.

If you're still worried, you can provide this explanation upfront to the officer that you had incorrectly chosen the wrong NOC for your last application and have made amends this time around by choosing the NOC most relevant to your work experience.

rashed2150

Jun 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
And you were rejected because it did not match that NOC. It is perfectly fine to make a mistake in choosing the relevant NOC. NOC is an internal Services Canada way of organizing job functions and most applicants can only ever find close approximations to their own job roles unless you happen to work in Canada for an organization which structures its HR function around the NOC framework.

If you're still worried, you can provide this explanation upfront to the officer that you had incorrectly chosen the wrong NOC for your last application and have made amends this time around by choosing the NOC most relevant to your work experience.
Thank you very much for making the matter clear.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
I was wrking in automobile dealership as mechanic for 2 years after that i did ITI(mechanic trade)..now if i apply under EE my noc would be 7321 which is FST programme....i want to ask will cic accept wrk experience which is before my qualification or they just need experience letter...
Graduation-2011(arts)
Wrk experience as mechanic- 2011 to 2013
ITI-2013 to 2015...
Do i need to get experience again? Or this would be fine..
Thanks

reborncs1

May 5, 2015
Website is still not working for uploading documents. Does anyone know if it has happened in the past? Is it frequent? How long do they usually take to fix it? Deadline is coming up soon and I wanted to upload all my files today. :(

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there! Does it effect to application if closed working permit will expire before complete the processing?
If applicant apply for bridging open work permit while the application is on processing,are they still eligible for 600 point from closed work permit??
Please advice Mr. Asivad Anac

Thank you in advance

staticraj

Jul 25, 2012
Hi,

After completing my 10th standard, I did Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME - 3years), UG (BCA-Lateral Entry - 2 years) from Madurai Kamaraj University and PG degree (MCA-lateral entry - 2 years) from Tamilnadu open university.

Please let me know, do I need to get ECA for MCA, BCA & DME ? or only MCA is sufficient for WES?

Thanks in advance.
Rajan

Kiki10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-09-2015
Hi,

I remember reading about this but can not find now in the forum....

Regarding travel history and address history (and probably personal history).... I got my ITA and nor filling in the PR application form- CIC says they need a list for the last 10 years (or from 18yrs if less) but I remember reading that actually they require travel, address and personal history from age of 18. Is this true? It will be very hard/impossible for me and OH to list everything (and by exact day) as for us it is nearly 20 years!!!! And when we were young we used to travel within Europe so no stamps in passports and moved quite a bit while renting...

Please advice me do I need last 10 yrs or actually in my case last 2 yrs??

Thanks

md321

Aug 15, 2015
Hi,

I was searching other threads to clarify my doubt about work experience. But I could not find any solution. My problem is :

I am a ship's engineer - NOC 2274. By nature my job is contractual as it is not possible to stay on ship for long time. So I work 4 months on board ship and stay 3 to 5 months in vacation. I get paid only when I am on board though leave pay is included with that. I have about 8 years experience but not with same employer. For example, I worked 3 years with company A (4 contracts -each approximately 5 months) , 6 months for company B(One contract of 6 months), again 2.5 years for company C (4 contracts- each approximately 4 months)and so on. As my job is not continuous, am I actually eligible to apply as FSW under EE even though I worked with some employer for more than one year (but not continuous)? If I am eligible, how should I present my employment history? It should be only the time spent on board ship or the calendar year with the company? If any of you have any idea about the issue, please suggest.

Thanks.

Jul 24, 2015
Hi,

I am waiting for my ITA and am arranging for the POF, could I take a loan and show that money for the same?

If showing it as a loan is not good enough, then can I ask my father to give a LOE saying that it is a gift from his side and I could keep it?

Thanks.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
staticraj said:
Hi,

After completing my 10th standard, I did Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME - 3years), UG (BCA-Lateral Entry - 2 years) from Madurai Kamaraj University and PG degree (MCA-lateral entry - 2 years) from Tamilnadu open university.

Please let me know, do I need to get ECA for MCA, BCA & DME ? or only MCA is sufficient for WES?

Thanks in advance.
Rajan
To be on a safe side get your ITA done for MCA and BCA. Firstly check the free online equivalency tool on WES site to get an idea as to what the tool evaluates your degrees to.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Kiki10 said:
Hi,

I remember reading about this but can not find now in the forum....

Regarding travel history and address history (and probably personal history).... I got my ITA and nor filling in the PR application form- CIC says they need a list for the last 10 years (or from 18yrs if less) but I remember reading that actually they require travel, address and personal history from age of 18. Is this true? It will be very hard/impossible for me and OH to list everything (and by exact day) as for us it is nearly 20 years!!!! And when we were young we used to travel within Europe so no stamps in passports and moved quite a bit while renting...

Please advice me do I need last 10 yrs or actually in my case last 2 yrs??

Thanks
Last 10 years or 18 years which ever is earlier. In your case it seems that 10 years would apply.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
AshwiniVadivel said:
Hi,

I am waiting for my ITA and am arranging for the POF, could I take a loan and show that money for the same?

If showing it as a loan is not good enough, then can I ask my father to give a LOE saying that it is a gift from his side and I could keep it?

Thanks.
A loan is not an unencumbered fund and hence not recognized as POF. You can get a gift from your father and get a notarized letter from him stating that he is gifting you this money and does not need you to repay it.