+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any PNP applicant whos application is being processed in Islamabad visa office?

Haroon Afghan

May 28, 2011
Kabul Afghanistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
await
Interview........
Not clear
Passport Req..
await
VISA ISSUED...
await
LANDED..........
await
please share if there is any applicant under provincial Nominee program his/her application is processed in Islamabad visa office?

BR
Haroon

zraj

Sep 8, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2009
Nomination.....
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-08-2010
Med's Request
02-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Step-1 (16-08-2011) & Step-2 (15-09-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2011
LANDED..........
Dec 04, 2011
Re: Is there any applicant under provincial Nominee program his/her application is

Dear Haroon,

All Provincial Nominee Program application is being proceed by CHC London.

Haroon Afghan

May 28, 2011
Kabul Afghanistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
await
Interview........
Not clear
Passport Req..
await
VISA ISSUED...
await
LANDED..........
await
Re: Is there any applicant under provincial Nominee program his/her application is

zraj said:
Dear Haroon,

All Provincial Nominee Program application is being proceed by CHC London.

Hello Zraj,

for Afghan nation all applications including PNP application are being processed in Islamabad,
Actually based on MPNP recommendation I have sent all the required doc to London visa office last year, In may 2011 my file has been transferred from London visa office to Islamabad visa office, so Islamabad office has confirmed that they have received my file but no progress as of now

I have checked with the bank, the DD of processing fee and PRF which I have sent to London visa office including my doc has been withdrawn at beginning of 2011

BR

Haroon Afghan

May 28, 2011
Kabul Afghanistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
await
Interview........
Not clear
Passport Req..
await
VISA ISSUED...
await
LANDED..........
await
Guys!

Please share your timeline of your application which is currently in process in islamabad visa office

BR

P

paris_33

Haroon Afghan said:
Guys!

Please share your timeline of your application which is currently in process in islamabad visa office

BR
I am a bit surprised behind the reason you sent your application to London VO and not to Islamabad VO.

Even though you have been instructed to do so by the province, you should have consulted the CIC main website and followed the CIC instructions.

ALL permanent resident visa applications from citizens and residents of Afghanistan are processed by the Islamabad VO and NOT by the London VO.

Islamabad VO takes, on an average, about 30 months ( 2.5 years ) to process an application in the PNP category. Some are processed quicker and some applications go beyond the time period stated above.
One of the members in the forum recently got his visa from Islamabad after about 3 years and 2 months in the PNP category, about 8 months more than the average processing times. This period does NOT include the time he needed to obtain provincial nomination from the province. This period reflects the period during which his application was at the visa office in Islamabad.

Hope this timeline helps to give you some idea.

The time required to transfer your file from London VO to Islamabad VO will add to the processing time. You should have disregarded the provincial advice and submitted your application directly to the Islamabad VO.

Anyway, wish you a speedy processing of your visa application.

Haroon Afghan

May 28, 2011
Kabul Afghanistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
await
Interview........
Not clear
Passport Req..
await
VISA ISSUED...
await
LANDED..........
await
paris_33 said:
I am a bit surprised behind the reason you sent your application to London VO and not to Islamabad VO.

Even though you have been instructed to do so by the province, you should have consulted the CIC main website and followed the CIC instructions.

ALL permanent resident visa applications from citizens and residents of Afghanistan are processed by the Islamabad VO and NOT by the London VO.

Islamabad VO takes, on an average, about 30 months ( 2.5 years ) to process an application in the PNP category. Some are processed quicker and some applications go beyond the time period stated above.
One of the members in the forum recently got his visa from Islamabad after about 3 years and 2 months in the PNP category, about 8 months more than the average processing times. This period does NOT include the time he needed to obtain provincial nomination from the province. This period reflects the period during which his application was at the visa office in Islamabad.

Hope this timeline helps to give you some idea.

The time required to transfer your file from London VO to Islamabad VO will add to the processing time. You should have disregarded the provincial advice and submitted your application directly to the Islamabad VO.

Anyway, wish you a speedy processing of your visa application.

Appreciated for details information and thanks for your wishes

When I have received my letter of approval by MPNP, they have indicated that I have to sent all my document including relevant fee to London visa office, Although I have double checked with MPNP office in Winnipeg, they said to send your document to the visa office which is mentioned on your LOA (letter of approval)

It was difficult for me to disregard the provincial advice and submit the application to Islamabad visa office. Because I had to send the application before the expiry date which was mention on the top of the letter, and it was not valid more than 3 months from the date of issue.

If I would have to sent my application to Islamabad visa office, there was most probably to reject my application because of incorrect address , then there was no chance for me send back the application to London visa office due to LOA time expiry. So I have accepted all their recommendations

One of my friend has just received his LOA from MPNP, and in the letter Its mentioned to send your application to London visa office for further process. This means that they still ask the new nomination from Afghanistan to send their documents to London VO

How can I know that Islamabad visa office considered the time spend in London visa office?
Will they add the spend time to the processing time?

Anyhow apology for inconvenience

BR
Haroon

P

paris_33

Haroon Afghan said:
Appreciated for details information and thanks for your wishes

When I have received my letter of approval by MPNP, they have indicated that I have to sent all my document including relevant fee to London visa office, Although I have double checked with MPNP office in Winnipeg, they said to send your document to the visa office which is mentioned on your LOA (letter of approval)

It was difficult for me to disregard the provincial advice and submit the application to Islamabad visa office. Because I had to send the application before the expiry date which was mention on the top of the letter, and it was not valid more than 3 months from the date of issue.

If I would have to sent my application to Islamabad visa office, there was most probably to reject my application because of incorrect address , then there was no chance for me send back the application to London visa office due to LOA time expiry. So I have accepted all their recommendations

One of my friend has just received his LOA from MPNP, and in the letter Its mentioned to send your application to London visa office for further process. This means that they still ask the new nomination from Afghanistan to send their documents to London VO

How can I know that Islamabad visa office considered the time spend in London visa office?
Will they add the spend time to the processing time?

Anyhow apology for inconvenience

BR
Haroon
Humans can commit mistakes.

PNP officials are none other than humans.

Anyway, when someone gets a nomination letter from PNP, then it is his/her responsibility to file the application at the correct visa office. It was YOUR responsibility to tell them that London VO no longer accepts visa applications from Afghanistan, by citing the CIC main website instructions.

Your Nomination Letter is fine. Even if it says London, you could still have filed your visa application at the Islamabad VO. The only action you would have to do is to request the PNP department to send another LOA to Islamabad VO. They would have gladly done that. Also, do NOT worry about expiration dates, they would renew your nomination if you give them a valid reason for failure to file an application within the time prescribed on your nomination certificate ( LOA ) ......

I am telling all this simply because I believe you could have saved lots of time by taking the steps mentioned above.

But, I can understand your worries. No problem. Leave and Forget whatever happened.

Now after all these hassles, your application finally arrived at the correct visa office.

Regarding new applications, please tell them to consult CIC website before requesting applicants to submit visa applications at the London VO. Who is the victim here ? The applicant. He/she is the one losing time. And, for me, time is money.

For transfer applications, a visa officer includes the time an application has spent at another VO in the overall processing time of the correct/new VO, if the transfer was made at the request of the VO ( the VO calls it a transfer that would enhance immigration program integrity ), through no fault of the applicant.
However, given the fact that CIC website instructions are crystal clear that applications from Afghanistan are handled by Islamabad VO and despite this, you, as an applicant has wrongfully sent the application to another VO ( even though at the request of the PNP department ), a visa officer does have the right to process your application from the beginning as if it is a new application. You have to assume that CIC website instructions supersede PNP instructions when it comes to filing visa applications.
The officer has the discretion to apply any one of the above situation.
If the visa officer is kind and generous ( which is most unlikely, as all visa officers follow the rules of the book ), he may use first option stated above. This is called discretionary action - taking an action as the visa officer seems fit. No one, including the Minister of Immigration and Citizenship of Canada, can interfere in the visa officer's authority because the visa officers have wide latitude and discretionary powers, given to them by the Laws of the Land.

You will never know what action the officer has taken. Do NOT contact them on this issue.
Feel content and satisfied now that your application is at the correct visa office. Whatever I have written is only for your information.

Now that your application is at the correct visa office, wait for the medical request. Hopefully it will come soon.

Haroon Afghan

May 28, 2011
Kabul Afghanistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
await
Interview........
Not clear
Passport Req..
await
VISA ISSUED...
await
LANDED..........
await
paris_33 said:
Humans can commit mistakes.

PNP officials are none other than humans.

Anyway, when someone gets a nomination letter from PNP, then it is his/her responsibility to file the application at the correct visa office. It was YOUR responsibility to tell them that London VO no longer accepts visa applications from Afghanistan, by citing the CIC main website instructions.

Your Nomination Letter is fine. Even if it says London, you could still have filed your visa application at the Islamabad VO. The only action you would have to do is to request the PNP department to send another LOA to Islamabad VO. They would have gladly done that. Also, do NOT worry about expiration dates, they would renew your nomination if you give them a valid reason for failure to file an application within the time prescribed on your nomination certificate ( LOA ) ......

I am telling all this simply because I believe you could have saved lots of time by taking the steps mentioned above.

But, I can understand your worries. No problem. Leave and Forget whatever happened.

Now after all these hassles, your application finally arrived at the correct visa office.

Regarding new applications, please tell them to consult CIC website before requesting applicants to submit visa applications at the London VO. Who is the victim here ? The applicant. He/she is the one losing time. And, for me, time is money.

For transfer applications, a visa officer includes the time an application has spent at another VO in the overall processing time of the correct/new VO, if the transfer was made at the request of the VO ( the VO calls it a transfer that would enhance immigration program integrity ), through no fault of the applicant.
However, given the fact that CIC website instructions are crystal clear that applications from Afghanistan are handled by Islamabad VO and despite this, you, as an applicant has wrongfully sent the application to another VO ( even though at the request of the PNP department ), a visa officer does have the right to process your application from the beginning as if it is a new application. You have to assume that CIC website instructions supersede PNP instructions when it comes to filing visa applications.
The officer has the discretion to apply any one of the above situation.
If the visa officer is kind and generous ( which is most unlikely, as all visa officers follow the rules of the book ), he may use first option stated above. This is called discretionary action - taking an action as the visa officer seems fit. No one, including the Minister of Immigration and Citizenship of Canada, can interfere in the visa officer's authority because the visa officers have wide latitude and discretionary powers, given to them by the Laws of the Land.
You will never know what action the officer has taken. Do NOT contact them on this issue.
Feel content and satisfied now that your application is at the correct visa office. Whatever I have written is only for your information.

Now that your application is at the correct visa office, wait for the medical request. Hopefully it will come soon.

Appreciated for supporting and valuable information,

I wish I could have written this post before submitting the file to London VO.
Anyhow I want to share the bellow recent information which received from MPNP yesterday via Mail

Please be advised that the above noted certificate of nomination has been amended.
We have change the visa office to Islamabad, Pakistan from London, United Kingdom.
By copy of this letter we will advise the consulate general in Islamabad, Pakistan and Canadian high commission in London, United Kingdom of this change.

Your pervious letter of approval must be included with your application to the consulate general of Canada in Islamabad

My understanding from under lined sentence is “the London VO shall have to sent the LOA including my application to Islamabad VO”
Please let me know your analyze& share if further action is required from my side

Thanks you very much for supporting

Haroon

P

paris_33

Haroon Afghan said:
Appreciated for supporting and valuable information,

I wish I could have written this post before submitting the file to London VO.
Anyhow I want to share the bellow recent information which received from MPNP yesterday via Mail

Please be advised that the above noted certificate of nomination has been amended.
We have change the visa office to Islamabad, Pakistan from London, United Kingdom.
By copy of this letter we will advise the consulate general in Islamabad, Pakistan and Canadian high commission in London, United Kingdom of this change.

Your pervious letter of approval must be included with your application to the consulate general of Canada in Islamabad

My understanding from under lined sentence is “the London VO shall have to sent the LOA including my application to Islamabad VO”
Please let me know your analyze& share if further action is required from my side

Thanks you very much for supporting

Haroon

Yes, I agree with the underlined sentence because you have already applied to the London VO. So the London VO has to officially transfer the file to Islamabad VO, with the approval of the nominating province because the LOA has to be amended.

No further action is required on your part, if you have already submitted your application to London VO ( which you did ) because the previous letter is already in your file. So the London VO will transfer the file and notify you accordingly, which they did already as you said in your threads.

So a copy is not necessary. The previous LOA is already there in your file when you have sent your application to London VO.

Islamabad VO has already confirmed that they have received your file on May 2011. This is sufficient. If the Islamabad VO needs any further document, they will let you know.

Do not contact them about anything, it will slow down the process. They have already given you the good news that your application has arrived safely at the correct visa office. This is more than enough.
So, just wait for the medical request, it may take more than a year to get medical requests, around May 2012.

Good Luck.

Haroon Afghan

May 28, 2011
Kabul Afghanistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
await
Interview........
Not clear
Passport Req..
await
VISA ISSUED...
await
LANDED..........
await
paris_33 said:
Yes, I agree with the underlined sentence because you have already applied to the London VO. So the London VO has to officially transfer the file to Islamabad VO, with the approval of the nominating province because the LOA has to be amended.

No further action is required on your part, if you have already submitted your application to London VO ( which you did ) because the previous letter is already in your file. So the London VO will transfer the file and notify you accordingly, which they did already as you said in your threads.

So a copy is not necessary. The previous LOA is already there in your file when you have sent your application to London VO.

Islamabad VO has already confirmed that they have received your file on May 2011. This is sufficient. If the Islamabad VO needs any further document, they will let you know.

Do not contact them about anything, it will slow down the process. They have already given you the good news that your application has arrived safely at the correct visa office. This is more than enough.
So, just wait for the medical request, it may take more than a year to get medical requests, around May 2012.

Good Luck.
I am totally Agree with the points you have indicated,

thanks for all recommandation,
i will be in touch with you from this onward

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Hello

PNP Case in Islamabad Pakistan

Applied in: October 2008
First Medical in: March 2009
Second Medical in: July 2011

Waiting for PPR ;D ;D or 3rd Medical :p :p

Total Processing Time up til Now: 37th Month

Haroon Afghan said:
I am totally Agree with the points you have indicated,

thanks for all recommandation,
i will be in touch with you from this onward

Haroon Afghan

May 28, 2011
Kabul Afghanistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
await
Interview........
Not clear
Passport Req..
await
VISA ISSUED...
await
LANDED..........
await
Hi SK

your document was directly submitted to Islamabad visa office?

S.K said:
Hello

PNP Case in Islamabad Pakistan

Applied in: October 2008
First Medical in: March 2009
Second Medical in: July 2011

Waiting for PPR ;D ;D or 3rd Medical :p :p

Total Processing Time up til Now: 37th Month

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
YES

Haroon Afghan said:
Hi SK
your document was directly submitted to Islamabad visa office?

sma6603

Star Member
Jun 10, 2010
Hi S.K

I hope u would have received a good news form CHC.

By the way if you dont mind i would like to know where are you from? and why it take so long time in islamabad as this VO is only processing the application of PNP for Afghan nation, except other catagories

thanks

S.K said:

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
No, did not receive anything yet :(
At the time, when we submitted our application in October 2008, Islamabad office was processing Pakistanis,s applications so our application is still in process since 2008.

sma6603 said:
Hi S.K

I hope u would have received a good news form CHC.

By the way if you dont mind i would like to know where are you from? and why it take so long time in islamabad as this VO is only processing the application of PNP for Afghan nation, except other catagories