+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Pakistan applicants had their Nikahnama made in English?

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
D3VIATION said:
April 19, 2016 is when they received it.

It is still under sponsor evaluation.
Ohhh ok.hope you get is soon :)

D3VIATION

May 28, 2016
F.M said:
Ohhh ok.hope you get is soon :)
Yes I hope so too, but I am confused on how to respond to their email in which they said:

In order to process your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class please submit the following document(s):

Original Nikkah Nama with certified translation either in English or French; the only copy provided with your original application was the certified English-language translation

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
D3VIATION said:
Yes I hope so too, but I am confused on how to respond to their email in which they said:
Did you provide them the original urdu nikkah nama with certified translation? or you just provided them the nikkah nama in english which is avalialabe in the market, the english copy of nikkah nama?

D3VIATION

May 28, 2016
F.M said:
Did you provide them the original urdu nikkah nama with certified translation? or you just provided them the nikkah nama in english which is avalialabe in the market, the english copy of nikkah nama?
I provided them the English nikahnama. No translation because it's in English.

Zarinjamal

Nov 2, 2017
Now a days Nika Nama translations done/certified in Pakistan by a Notary Public are not accepted for visa purposes. The translation should be completed/certified by a Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) London with his membership seal affixed on the document. This is easy and can be done online to avoid delays.

M.A.Shab

Oct 11, 2017
Anyone in this situation and have their case in London or Islamabad? The reason I'm asking is cic thinks we provided them with a translation when really, that is our original nikahnama. Anyone in the same situation?
I submitted my English Nikahnama with NADRA marriage certificate. CIC is asking for Urdu Nikah nama which I don't have. What should I do?

M.A.Shab

Oct 11, 2017
I provided them the English nikahnama. No translation because it's in English.
I submitted my English Nikahnama (Marriage Certificate) from local union council and a bilingual National Database Registration Authority Marriage Registration Certificate. CIC now requires an Urdu Nikahnama (Marriage Certificate) from local union council which I do not have. Can you please suggest how should we respond?

Thank you

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Dont worry and write a letter of explanation to them. Someone i know did this and it worked for them.im listing the main points they used in their reply.

1) In Pak, NN is available in 2 languages Urdu and English and either can be used to register a marriage. We used the only the English Nikkah Nama to officiate the marriage and the same was registered at the Union Council where it was stamped and the Marriage was registered with the government authority. Therefore we cannot provide a copy of the Urdu NN.

2) At the time of the Nikkah we did not know that an Urdu version of NN will be required for the application. We believed that an English NN and a bilingual Nadra marriage certificate will be sufficient and we would not even need to get any document translated for immigration purposes

3) Additionally as my husband/wife (sponsor) has spent most of his/her adult life in Canada, and he/she felt more comfortable using an English NN, compared to an Urdu one. The English version was easier to read, understand and sign.

Please note that the NN we submitted with the applcation is a copy of a true and original English NN used at the time of the Nikkah. It is not a translation of any document. It has the seal of tge Union Council on it and was used to obtain the bilingual Nadra marriage certificate issued by the government.

Moutasimbabar

Sep 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

I need help.

Recently I received an email from Visa officer from Canada, Who's asking for Nikkah Nama.

Though I've submitted - Nadra Marriage certificare - Urdu Nikkah nama with Notary Translation - after translation they wrote Marriage Certificate on translation in english instead Nikkah Nama since its urdu word.

Again I received the email from Visa officer and asked below

Hello,

We already have the civil marriage certificate – please also upload/email the nikaah nama.

So this time again did the translation by Notary and sent him by stating that Nikkah Nama / Marriage Certificate on the translation by notary. so he will understand Nikkah Nama is the Urdu word and Marriage Certificate is english.

Can you guys help me with this - If i am going to right direction or do i have to find out any certified translation for canada ? I belongs to Karachi and living in Abroad.

Would appreciate your help.

zubda345

May 28, 2018
I submitted my English Nikahnama (Marriage Certificate) from local union council and a bilingual National Database Registration Authority Marriage Registration Certificate. CIC now requires an Urdu Nikahnama (Marriage Certificate) from local union council which I do not have. Can you please suggest how should we respond?

Thank you
So what happened to this guy's case? What did the lvo say?

zubda345

May 28, 2018

Thank you
So what happened to this guy's case? What did the lvo say?

zubda345

May 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

I need help.

Recently I received an email from Visa officer from Canada, Who's asking for Nikkah Nama.

Though I've submitted - Nadra Marriage certificare - Urdu Nikkah nama with Notary Translation - after translation they wrote Marriage Certificate on translation in english instead Nikkah Nama since its urdu word.

Again I received the email from Visa officer and asked below

Hello,

We already have the civil marriage certificate – please also upload/email the nikaah nama.

So this time again did the translation by Notary and sent him by stating that Nikkah Nama / Marriage Certificate on the translation by notary. so he will understand Nikkah Nama is the Urdu word and Marriage Certificate is english.

Can you guys help me with this - If i am going to right direction or do i have to find out any certified translation for canada ? I belongs to Karachi and living in Abroad.

Would appreciate your help.
Dude dont try to correct them itll be useless. Just write "nikkah nama" just like that urdu ko english main likho and send it.

By now i guess you would have done something so can i get an update plz?

Moutasimbabar

Sep 17, 2017
Dude dont try to correct them itll be useless. Just write "nikkah nama" just like that urdu ko english main likho and send it.

By now i guess you would have done something so can i get an update plz?
Hi guys, i was busy to wrapping up my things from middle east so couldnt reply to my post

Yes guys ive done it , My and family visa were stamped in july , I had just submitted notary nikkah nama with english translation
Ive just asked notary to write nikkah nama besides marriage certificate and rest they hve the template.

So its not necessary to go through certain certified translator , notary is good enough

zubda345

May 28, 2018
Hi guys, i was busy to wrapping up my things from middle east so couldnt reply to my post

Yes guys ive done it , My and family visa were stamped in july , I had just submitted notary nikkah nama with english translation
Ive just asked notary to write nikkah nama besides marriage certificate and rest they hve the template.

So its not necessary to go through certain certified translator , notary is good enough
Good good...

Hows your process going now?
Whats your timeline?