07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if there is anyone I can call or write to in regards to my 2 recent declined applications to visit Canada. It seems to absurd that the only option I have is to pay and apply again. Is there nobody higher that I can contact or anyone I can talk to?

Thanks,
Shelly

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

itscoezy said:
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if there is anyone I can call or write to in regards to my 2 recent declined applications to visit Canada. It seems to absurd that the only option I have is to pay and apply again. Is there nobody higher that I can contact or anyone I can talk to?

Thanks,
Shelly
1. Leave to Appeal to the Federal Court of Canada, cost high, success low, unless there was an error in law.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. Leave to Appeal to the Federal Court of Canada, cost high, success low, unless there was an error in law.
Thanks PMM, wish I could say it was legal error but i think it was just a in-a-bad-mood-visa-officer error. I'm sure there are a lot of couples who end up filing for permanent residency because they give them no option to go back and visit the other partners family for just a couple weeks every now and then.

Goodluck to the others with your applications =)

joanclaude

Aug 23, 2011
itscoezy said:
Thanks PMM, wish I could say it was legal error but i think it was just a in-a-bad-mood-visa-officer error. I'm sure there are a lot of couples who end up filing for permanent residency because they give them no option to go back and visit the other partners family for just a couple weeks every now and then.

Goodluck to the others with your applications =)
count me in,i got a refusal after 1 TRV application..planning for PRV now..:)

eh??

Apr 17, 2010
Hi I am in a somewhat simaliar yet different situation and need some advice ASAP. We tried for a temp visa got refused (2008). Waited until we married (2009)and applied again (2010). I (the sponsor) was approved and then not approved by the officer for seriously silly reasons without an opportunity to explain. Anyways we have given up since then had a baby and living out of Canada just as we always have. Now my father is in the ICU in our local hospital and may be there for a long time. My siblings have all helped out as much as they can and I want to come with my family to help him keep motivated see the bby etc... We are so AFRAID of trying again for a temp VISA for my husband so that we can go as a family. Do you think it's worth a shot?

The officer already recognizes us as a legit couple but we are freelancers and I think it played a role as to proving my husband would return home after the visit the first time we applied (plus we rent so no mortgage as proof either) . Point being, though I am Canadian and would prefer to raise my family in Canada ...my home is wherever my husband is so naturally we would leave. But if that's the case why can't Canada give married couples travel visas to visit when necessary?

Stuck between a hard place and a rock ... Any ideas??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eh?? said:
Hi I am in a somewhat simaliar yet different situation and need some advice ASAP. We tried for a temp visa got refused (2008). Waited until we married (2009)and applied again (2010). I (the sponsor) was approved and then not approved by the officer for seriously silly reasons without an opportunity to explain. Anyways we have given up since then had a baby and living out of Canada just as we always have. Now my father is in the ICU in our local hospital and may be there for a long time. My siblings have all helped out as much as they can and I want to come with my family to help him keep motivated see the bby etc... We are so AFRAID of trying again for a temp VISA for my husband so that we can go as a family. Do you think it's worth a shot?

The officer already recognizes us as a legit couple but we are freelancers and I think it played a role as to proving my husband would return home after the visit the first time we applied (plus we rent so no mortgage as proof either) . Point being, though I am Canadian and would prefer to raise my family in Canada ...my home is wherever my husband is so naturally we would leave. But if that's the case why can't Canada give married couples travel visas to visit when necessary?

Stuck between a hard place and a rock ... Any ideas??
I don't understand. Is the hospital located in Canada or in the country you and your husband resides?

Since you said you are Canadian, is your baby also Canadian? If so, why don't bring it yourself to see your father in Canada (if he is in Canada)?

Anyways, do u mind sharing with us why the 1st (2008) and 2nd (2010) attempts for a temp visa got refused? Did you give as much evidence as outlined in the checklist to the visa office?