+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one who applied to Buffalo in may and got their visas???

Only A Dreamer

Aug 4, 2011
autobahnzoom said:
Its two weeks into my application being received at Buffalo. (July 19).
When do I start calling for getting an update. Do I need to wait for 30 days? And is it 30 Calendar days or business days?

If anyone can provide the email address or phone numbers you used to send queries about TRV application status, that will be great. (i.e the ones that you found most success with)
My concerns:
1. Have I overpaid my fees? I paid 400 for the family. But my child might not need a visa since he holds a US passport and if thats the case I only need to pay 150+150=$300. I was reading on another post that some one paid over the amount needed and they were required to send another check with the lesser amount.
2. Rush at consulate due to Canada Post backlog being cleared. Could this mean more than 30 days for processing?
3. I had sent only photocopies of my old passport. Should I be concerned I didnt sent the original. I hope not!
I tried this email today that I found of this fourm.
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

and I would like to know too if its 30 working days or not...wish every1 luck.

autobahnzoom

Jul 15, 2011
OK bad deal. I got a letter from the consulate yesterday stating I overpaid. Please pay $300 instead of $400 since the child is a US passport holder.
They had sent it on Aug 3 and I got it on Aug 8.
I have sent new checks to reach them by Aug 10. i.e a 7 day delays overall.
I am now doubtful about getting the passports back by 25th, let's see.
I have emailed them enquiring if the clock will be reset to 31 days or if it will still get processed in 31 days..

thanks for the email id Dreamer..

Positive side: I know they considered the application at least by Aug 3, ie 15 days after them receiving the courier. And I have file numbers for reference and further enquiries.

autobahnzoom said:
Its two weeks into my application being received at Buffalo. (July 19).
When do I start calling for getting an update. Do I need to wait for 30 days? And is it 30 Calendar days or business days?

If anyone can provide the email address or phone numbers you used to send queries about TRV application status, that will be great. (i.e the ones that you found most success with)
My concerns:
1. Have I overpaid my fees? I paid 400 for the family. But my child might not need a visa since he holds a US passport and if thats the case I only need to pay 150+150=$300. I was reading on another post that some one paid over the amount needed and they were required to send another check with the lesser amount.
2. Rush at consulate due to Canada Post backlog being cleared. Could this mean more than 30 days for processing?
3. I had sent only photocopies of my old passport. Should I be concerned I didnt sent the original. I hope not!

ww0408

Aug 10, 2011
Canada post tracking says my application arrived on Fort Erie July 7, 2011
I still haven't received mine yet...my flight to China is next Friday Aug 19th, 2011
am tracking my the express post envelop everyday, still shows no update...
but from some of the posts ealier it looks like I still have hope! :p

fingers crossed!! I will keep you all updated~~

autobahnzoom

Jul 15, 2011
Some dates:
EMR
June 9: Application received at consulate
July 18: Request for correct payment received by EMR
July 21: New Payment received at Consulate
Waiting...

Autobahnzoom
July 19: Application received at consulate
Aug 8: Request for correct payment received by autobahnzoom
Aug 10: New Payment received at Consulate
Waiting...

Only A Dreamer
June 28: Application Application received at consulate
Aug 12: Fort Erie Post office received package
Aug 15: Package delivered
47 Days

Nitma
May 20: Application Application received at consulate
June 17: Package sent on Xpresspost
June 20: Package Delivered
31 days

Maine 17
May 31: Application Application received at consulate
July 12: Package Delivered
42 days

HS-Guzo

Aug 15, 2011
ww0408 said:
Canada post tracking says my application arrived on Fort Erie July 7, 2011
I still haven't received mine yet...my flight to China is next Friday Aug 19th, 2011
am tracking my the express post envelop everyday, still shows no update...
but from some of the posts ealier it looks like I still have hope! :p

fingers crossed!! I will keep you all updated~~
Did you get your visa yet?

kricee18

Aug 25, 2011
hI I m just wondering when did you apply for re entry visa?and how many weeks before you got your passport? And what numbers did you call to follow up your application? because I applied last August 29, 2011 and my flight is on Oct 9, I emailed them requesting to send back my application and decided to apply in Philippines I tried all means of communication but sadly they didnt reply yet. Thanks

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Sent my application on 20 July but havent received any thing as yet. Is there a way to trace and anyone else who applied in the same time.

autobahnzoom

Jul 15, 2011
Good news. I received mine today.
July 19: Application received at consulate
Aug 3: Letter sent out from consulate for correct payment
Aug 8: Request for correct payment received by autobahnzoom
Aug 10: New Payment received at Consulate
Sep 2: Package received at Fort Erie post office
Sep 6: Received package
49 days!
Note: 7 days delay to be attributed to sending corrected payment.

I have to rebook my tickets now..