+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one here who can guide on the immigration process on airport?

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
Any one here who can tell his personal experience on his complete landing process at airport?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jahanzaibkh said:
Any one here who can tell his personal experience on his complete landing process at airport?
It would nice if someone could voluntarily explain their experience ..

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
Ottawa-applicant said:
Yes waiting for the answer

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa-applicant said:
Well, there are several long running threads on the subject in the forum...

Try here, for starters :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t349821.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t348236.0.html

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I just did my landing in Vancouver at YVR. It's really simple. You get off the plane, go through the passport line, pick up your bags, and head to the immigration office. You let the agents there know that you are there to do your PR landing and have your CoPR. They will look at your CoPR, confirm all the info on it, such as if you are married, have other family members on the PR Application, any criminal convictions, etc. Once all of this is confirmed, they will sign the CoPR and then have you sign it.

That's pretty much it. It took them about 10 minutes. I am from a visa exempt country, but I don't think that makes much of a difference.

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
AshesNdust said:
I just did my landing in Vancouver at YVR. It's really simple. You get off the plane, go through the passport line, pick up your bags, and head to the immigration office. You let the agents there know that you are there to do your PR landing and have your CoPR. They will look at your CoPR, confirm all the info on it, such as if you are married, have other family members on the PR Application, any criminal convictions, etc. Once all of this is confirmed, they will sign the CoPR and then have you sign it.

That's pretty much it. It took them about 10 minutes. I am from a visa exempt country, but I don't think that makes much of a difference.
Thank you for your answer. Did they ask for proof of funds?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:

hey
did they ask if you have been convicted or if you have pending charges?
cheers

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
jahanzaibkh said:
Thank you for your answer. Did they ask for proof of funds?
Nope. I had gotten a letter from my bank that stated what accounts I had and how much was in them, but the officer didn't ask me for it. I do think it's a good idea to have that just in case they ask you for proof. The only thing the officer wanted to see was my CoPR and my passport.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Ottawa-applicant said:
hey
did they ask if you have been convicted or if you have pending charges?
cheers
Yes, they asked me both. Basically, be prepared to answer questions like marital staus, whether or not you have family member who are joining you, and if you have any past criminal charges or pending ones. Pretty much the same type of questions they sometimes ask you when going through customs or getting a work permit.

jahanzaibkh

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
17-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-09-2016
AshesNdust said:
Nope. I had gotten a letter from my bank that stated what accounts I had and how much was in them, but the officer didn't ask me for it. I do think it's a good idea to have that just in case they ask you for proof. The only thing the officer wanted to see was my CoPR and my passport.
Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind can I ask from which country are you?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
Yes, they asked me both. Basically, be prepared to answer questions like marital staus, whether or not you have family member who are joining you, and if you have any past criminal charges or pending ones. Pretty much the same type of questions they sometimes ask you when going through customs or getting a work permit.
what happen if you have pending charges ? and you have already informed cic about but still issue you a visa and COPR

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
jahanzaibkh said:
Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind can I ask from which country are you?
I'm from the US. I don't know if that had any thing to do with what they wanted to see. A coworker of mine came through from Singapore and wasn't asked for anything but her CoPR as well. So, the only thing in common we had were working at the same company.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Ottawa-applicant said:
what happen if you have pending charges ? and you have already informed cic about but still issue you a visa and COPR
I'm not sure what happens if you have the pending charges. My guess is that it depends on the severity of the charges. If you have already informed the CIC and they still gave you a visa and a CoPR, I would think that it means they don't think the charges are severe enough to cause your application to be rejected. However, since I'm not a lawyer, I don't know for sure. It might be a good idea to check with a lawyer about it.