+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any November 2009 Applicants? FSW- Time Line

Madhura

Oct 28, 2009
Hi,

I just tracked Fedex Shipment. My Application reached there on 16th Nov at 10. :)

Now countdown begins!!

Thanks,
M

Knight

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009
Hi All

my file reached CIO yesterday (17, Nov 2009), so the real count down begins !! Guys i need your praters and my best wishes with all of you.

cheers

Knight

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
The biggest mistake I made is not sending through a courier where I can track. I sent through USPS Priority Mail which, I cannot track. Now, the only way I can tell the package reached CIO is when they deduct money from my credit card. I assume mine reached CIO on Nov 16 as well as told by the person from the post office. Good luck to ahorse, Knight and Madhura for your applications reached CIO successfully. The current timeline from what I know is 2 months for Money Orders / Cashier's check and 3 months for credit card candidates to get the AOR. Hopefully, things should go well on time.

By the way, Knight, answering to your question on the documents I prepare - I am in the process of applying for my PCC from FBI and different states I lived in the US. Also, I am sending my notarized marksheet to the University to provide me sealed transcripts. Gathering employment letter in the format asked by CIC. Preparing for IELTS for my exam on December 5, 2009. Organizing things with bank in such a way that my statement shows sufficient funds when I send them after AOR to Buffalo. Let's see how this goes.

My only concern is, in the application to CIO, I have mentioned that I am proficient in English and when they asked am I going to send one of the approved test results, I answered no. Because, at that point, I was thinking the 'first language' as academic first language which is English for me. Then after doing some research, I developed certain level of ambiguity and decided to take the safer route by applying for IELTS. If they assign no points for IELTS even though I am proficient in English and even though I am taking IELTS, I will be getting only 57 points approximately. I am only praying that this shouldn't happen. If they assign the full points as I have claimed proficient and allow me to prove my proficiency when I send the full application set, I have no problems because, I will have my IELTS results by then. Let's see how it goes.

Thank you.

Knight

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009
canpr said:
The biggest mistake I made is not sending through a courier where I can track. I sent through USPS Priority Mail which, I cannot track. Now, the only way I can tell the package reached CIO is when they deduct money from my credit card. I assume mine reached CIO on Nov 16 as well as told by the person from the post office. Good luck to ahorse, Knight and Madhura for your applications reached CIO successfully. The current timeline from what I know is 2 months for Money Orders / Cashier's check and 3 months for credit card candidates to get the AOR. Hopefully, things should go well on time.

By the way, Knight, answering to your question on the documents I prepare - I am in the process of applying for my PCC from FBI and different states I lived in the US. Also, I am sending my notarized marksheet to the University to provide me sealed transcripts. Gathering employment letter in the format asked by CIC. Preparing for IELTS for my exam on December 5, 2009. Organizing things with bank in such a way that my statement shows sufficient funds when I send them after AOR to Buffalo. Let's see how this goes.

My only concern is, in the application to CIO, I have mentioned that I am proficient in English and when they asked am I going to send one of the approved test results, I answered no. Because, at that point, I was thinking the 'first language' as academic first language which is English for me. Then after doing some research, I developed certain level of ambiguity and decided to take the safer route by applying for IELTS. If they assign no points for IELTS even though I am proficient in English and even though I am taking IELTS, I will be getting only 57 points approximately. I am only praying that this shouldn't happen. If they assign the full points as I have claimed proficient and allow me to prove my proficiency when I send the full application set, I have no problems because, I will have my IELTS results by then. Let's see how it goes.

Thank you.
Thanks Canper for the details.

Guys i have the same issue, I mentioned my full proficiency in English (i already passed IELTS last year and its still valid for two years) but i didn't attached my IELTS result with the application, due to 2 reasons 1st in the Form IMM5612 clearly mentioned about the documents requirement in the preliminary application. 2nd my Score in IELTS was 6.0, 6.0, 6.5, 6.5 in all 4 bands, as per E7 Guide with this score i can mark 10 points in language and i will considered as Moderate users in English proficiency. I will pray they should not check the IELTS result now. Although Application forms says " IF you have passed English Test provide the evidence"

so any once can comment on this?

Knight

Madhura

Oct 28, 2009
Canpr,

Do we need to get PCC from all states you lived in? (Specifically in the US) I just got one PCC certificate/letter from FBI.

and where can I find the format for employment letter that is asked by CIC?

Thanks,
M

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Knight, has it already been a year since you took your IELTS? Because, one other restriction on the approved test result is that the test should be taken within a year. If its more than one year since you've taken this exam, I don't think the results are valid to be submitted to CIC.

Thank you.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Hello guys, I am now in this forum, got my application returned because I wrote wrong my visa office (canada) instead (Buffalo USA).

Application sent to CIO: 21 Sep 2009
Application received by CIO: 28 Sep 2009
Application returned to me: 18 Nov 2009 (wrong visa office)
2nd Application recieved by CIO: 13 Nov 2009
Credit card charged: No
ARO: waiting
Local Visa Office: Buffalo, NY

reachnaidu

Nov 18, 2009
Hi All,
Iam new to this forum and i applied in November for FSW . I want to be in this group to check for latest updates. I sent my application to Sydney NS in october 20th and they recieved it on November 2nd 2009. I could not track any updates after that .. Eagerly waiting for the updates from them .

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Welcome ELAR and ReachNaidu. Hope you get your questions answered in this thread. Its sad ELAR that your application got rejected. Hopefully everything will go alright this time. ReachNaidu, I am surprised that your application took more than 10 days to reach CIO. Where did you send this from? India? And by the way, just so you know, the current timeline to receive AOR is between 2 and 3 months from the date of receipt. As we all fall under the same timeline, we should expect to receive the AOR around end of January 2010. Lets hope for the best.

Thank you.

Knight

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009
I appeared in July 2008, so seems i have to appear again in the IELTS?
Knight

ELAR said:
Hello guys, I am now in this forum, got my application returned because I wrote wrong my visa office (canada) instead (Buffalo USA).

Application sent to CIO: 21 Sep 2009
Application received by CIO: 28 Sep 2009
Application returned to me: 18 Nov 2009 (wrong visa office)
2nd Application recieved by CIO: 13 Nov 2009
Credit card charged: No
ARO: waiting
Local Visa Office: Buffalo, NY

Madhura

Oct 28, 2009
Canpr,

I just wanted to make sure from your earlier post, Do we need to get PCC from all states you lived in? (Specifically in the US) I just got one PCC certificate/letter from FBI.

and where can I find the format for employment letter that is asked by CIC?

Thanks,
M

V

vbond007

It is country specific & not state specific. That too for country in which u lived for more than 6 months.