+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Yes there are calls to turn it more into an Australian model once we get our community spread under control.
Yea,
Anything would be better than what some have been doing.

I was in contact with hotel management today at one of the better facilities and they are aware of the issues as they
try to maintain their own business. Once public health gets involved for the covid positive travelers it's out of the hotel's
hands other than disinfecting the room for the next 'customer'.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yea,
Anything would be better than what some have been doing.

I was in contact with hotel management today at one of the better facilities and they are aware of the issues as they
try to maintain their own business. Once public health gets involved for the covid positive travelers it's out of the hotel's
hands other than disinfecting the room for the next 'customer'.
It is crazy that hotels were left to run their own quarantine hotels. Public health is involved in other overflow hotels for people who don't have a space to quarantine at home whether they are positive or negative.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
It is crazy that hotels were left to run their own quarantine hotels. Public health is involved in other overflow hotels for people who don't have a space to quarantine at home whether they are positive or negative.
The hotel's are all trying to survive, Some are doing a good job taking advantage of the situation and some are not.

I'm sure many international travelers that absolutely have to travel during this time are not familiar with the local environment
and not in a position to choose a good/safe/better quarantine hotel. Or they just want to try and scam their way through.
Unfortunately if you end up in one of the " overflow hotels " ( there is only one in my area ) that's for all the covid positive cases
and arriving travelers that try to get around the system. I surely wouldn't want anyone I know to end up in one of those places!

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Anyone know if I can get the vaccine even though I don't have a health card? I am still waiting for my PR and I am ready to pay to get the vaccine.
I don't want to travel to my country just to get the vaccine, especially IRCC doesn't recommend travelling outside Canada at this time.

Everyone got their first dose, I'm the only one in the house without being vaccinated...

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Anyone know if I can get the vaccine even though I don't have a health card? I am still waiting for my PR and I am ready to pay to get the vaccine.
I don't want to travel to my country just to get the vaccine, especially IRCC doesn't recommend travelling outside Canada at this time.

Everyone got their first dose, I'm the only one in the house without being vaccinated...
If you don't have a Personal Health Number you need to register by phone.
Call the public health vaccination number in your area and they should give you a registration number and set up an appointment for you.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The hotel's are all trying to survive, Some are doing a good job taking advantage of the situation and some are not.

I'm sure many international travelers that absolutely have to travel during this time are not familiar with the local environment
and not in a position to choose a good/safe/better quarantine hotel. Or they just want to try and scam their way through.
Unfortunately if you end up in one of the " overflow hotels " ( there is only one in my area ) that's for all the covid positive cases
and arriving travelers that try to get around the system. I surely wouldn't want anyone I know to end up in one of those places!
Hotels aren’t public health or infectious disease professionals so they can’t be expected to provide true quarantine hotels without supervision or guidance.