+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any new information on the latest announced travel restrictions please post here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sit and read in the context
Children fly with at least one parent. Families being separated for an extra 3 days is not a big deal. Many families are not willing or couldn’t afford renting a hotel or AirBnB and quarantined with their family members. Some even shared a bed with travellers returning. There are certainly people who took every precaution to quarantine without any contact with their family by remaining in a basement or getting a hotel/AirBnB. On this forum I have seen many examples of families quarantining with non-travellers sharing bathrooms, sharing a small home, etc. In these cases people will catch with the new variant.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
You're not alone..... Hope my wife thinks the same way :)
Once they figure out vaccine supply and logistics, I'm sure many will change their minds after they see the benefits.
Then we will see what rolls out with all the travel restrictions.
Well, that's where it gets interesting. Go to MPs Michelle Rempel Garners Facebook. Watch the video where she asks the minister of transport and the minister of health about vaccination and restrictions. It's quite upsetting how the government is treating us. The video was posted 2 days ago titled, "Liberals just admitted that being vaccinated won't lift Covid-19 restrictions. So what will?"

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
The measures should be more along the lines to penalize and require only non essential travelers to pay and quarantine in hotel not everyone. Plus there needs to be consideration who's vulnerable or not like elderly at home, final destination arrangements but apparently there are no exemption which is not considerate

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
It's not a one liner matter "everyone should quarantine and pay" shows lack of consideration and planning. Some even living all alone so what's the point of implementing it on everyone..

Reactions: his*marty

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The measures should be more along the lines to penalize and require only non essential travelers to pay and quarantine in hotel not everyone. Plus there needs to be consideration who's vulnerable or not like elderly at home, final destination arrangements but apparently there are no exemption which is not considerate
Not sure why governments must be considerate. I believe there will also be a more critical look at quarantine plans before allowing people to quarantine at home. Many would even argue what is considered elderly. It would be very difficult to determine what is essential travel and what is not. For example you may think visiting a family member who had surgery is essential but it isn’t truly essential. If parents want to visit you in Canada after a year, you may feel like it is essential but it isn’t truly essential. Coming to Canada when your classes are online, would that actually be considered essential? It is much easier to have a very narrow definition of what is essential so there is no inconsistencies when it comes to interpretation.

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
People who are going to respect the safety of themselves and people around them will naturally oppose this, on the contrary people who don't respect the safety of others or not in any form or shape impacted by these restrictions are never going to understand anything but acknowledge. Why send kids to schools LOL

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Not sure why governments must be considerate. I believe there will also be a more critical look at quarantine plans before allowing people to quarantine at home. Many would even argue what is considered elderly. It would be very difficult to determine what is essential travel and what is not. For example you may think visiting a family member who had surgery is essential but it isn’t truly essential. If parents want to visit you in Canada after a year, you may feel like it is essential but it isn’t truly essential. Coming to Canada when your classes are online, would that actually be considered essential? It is much easier to have a very narrow definition of what is essential so there is no inconsistencies when it comes to interpretation.
What about ones who live on their own?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Well, that's where it gets interesting. Go to MPs Michelle Rempel Garners Facebook. Watch the video where she asks the minister of transport and the minister of health about vaccination and restrictions. It's quite upsetting how the government is treating us. The video was posted 2 days ago titled, "Liberals just admitted that being vaccinated won't lift Covid-19 restrictions. So what will?"
The MP from Oklahoma? Who published a tearful video on Twitter calling on the governor of Oklahoma to impose a lockdown and travel bans because she was afraid for her American husband?

Who now says that lockdowns in Canada, which are nowhere near as strict as in some places in the US, are too strict? Who now doesn't want to have to quarantine when she visits her husband?

I have sympathy for people trying to be reunited. My wife and I cannot go and visit her parents because we can't afford a flight (which used to cost $800 but now is pricing at $9,000) and then hotel quarantine. But I don't have a lot of sympathy for Ms Rempel.

Reactions: Gtiffen and mahtax

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
If the covid cases are on the decline then you may see some restrictions being eased.
Take a break from the media BS.

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
I don't understand a thing you are saying. Perhaps you're the one blazing.

You are just blatantly in favor of run around for all at the airports, why is it a wait to implement it right away why wait a week or so. Your speculations are based on not understanding the intricacies involved. The objective of govt is very clear to discourage "non essential" that's not something that you decide.

You have to think logically what family reunions mean for most. People can live without seeing the in-law..

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
The MP from Oklahoma? Who published a tearful video on Twitter calling on the governor of Oklahoma to impose a lockdown and travel bans because she was afraid for her American husband?

Who now says that lockdowns in Canada, which are nowhere near as strict as in some places in the US, are too strict? Who now doesn't want to have to quarantine when she visits her husband?

I have sympathy for people trying to be reunited. My wife and I cannot go and visit her parents because we can't afford a flight (which used to cost $800 but now is pricing at $9,000) and then hotel quarantine. But I don't have a lot of sympathy for Ms Rempel.
Michelle is a Canadian MP, born in Winnipeg. I very much doubt an American "equivalent" of MP cares what we do with our vaccines. You are missing the point - the liberals have admitted that widespread vaccination will not lift restrictions. This is what the issue is.

You may not see your inlaws, but you are with your wife...I have not seen my husband in almost a year and quite frankly I am tired of these poor decisions by leaders with their heads up their behinds.

Reactions: AmyL

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
My sister and her husband and her egyptian husband who is landing with CoPR arrive tonight in Toronto from Qatar with a connecting flight to Edmonton.....it will be Interesting to see how this plays out. Just her luck to land today of all days. And having just read the last few pages of this thread I would advise anyone to completely ignore anything coming out of the mouth of Oklahomas loudest MP, Michelle Rempel Garner.....smdh

Last edited:

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
There are concerns that that could actually put you at greater risk of getting COVID then isolating at home,” said Stephen Fine, president of Snowbirds Advisor.

“There are people coming back with pets who don’t know what to do with pets. There hasn’t been any guidance on how that’s going to work.”

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/concern-growing-around-mandated-hotel-quarantine-restrictions-1.5291630