+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Legacy cases going forward ,

Toronto37

Jun 10, 2014
Any legacy claim ? im still waiting and waiting and waitinf ,Applied sep 2012 at the US Canadaian border , and sent PIf ,no hearing yet HuhHuh? plz guys any one still waiting or just me waiting by my self , im getting sick of waiting and contacting my lawyer ( he is sayin he contacted the IRB so many times and no news , im Syrian too. ireally wanna hear from other applied before DEC 2012 . best and good luck to every one.

CanadianForces

May 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know someone who had claimed refugee status at the US/Canada border in September 2013. He had received his permanent residence status in April 2015.

If I were you, the first thing I would do is to contact the IRB by myself instead of calling the lawyer.
Have you moved? Were there anything mailed to you by the IRB that you never received? Those are the things that you should try to find out when contacting the IRB. Be your own lawyer in investigating this issue given that you never know how diligent your lawyer may or may not be.

Good luck

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Toronto37 said:
Any legacy claim ? im still waiting and waiting and waitinf ,Applied sep 2012 at the US Canadaian border , and sent PIf ,no hearing yet HuhHuh? plz guys any one still waiting or just me waiting by my self , im getting sick of waiting and contacting my lawyer ( he is sayin he contacted the IRB so many times and no news , im Syrian too. ireally wanna hear from other applied before DEC 2012 . best and good luck to every one.
Call IRB directly and find the name/ext of your case officer. Talk to your Case officer and ask him why ur case is being delayed all this time. Contact your local MP and explain him/her of your situation. do anything which helps you, even if you have to contact the head of IRB. Personally i waited for 1.5 years for my hearing.

Toronto21

Mar 9, 2016
Legacy refugee claimant waiting period

Hi I am a legacy refugee claimant in Toronto waiting for hearing the since Oct 2012.Please advise me if you have any further information about these claims...based on the info I got friends tried to call IRB every week,contact MP office....but no luck...this is really the hardest time in someone's life.I'd really appreciate for your advice .

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
Call IRB reception, give them your file number, ask them to give you the number of your IRB agent.
There is no way that they refuse to give you such details and it's your right to speak to your agent.
Or present yourself at the IRB and ask for the agent number.

Your agent will answer every question you have.

Toronto37

Jun 10, 2014
Hi, Yes im legacy case since Sep 2012 , IWAS ;D , Waited From SEP 2012 Till Jan 2016 then recev a letter from RPD requesting more evidence and Info may file will be expedite , which idid provide after 2 weeks ,and boom Letter today 4 April recev saying its determined with out hearing and im accepted as Refugee , By the way Im Syrian , , so No hearing or interview ,FINALY acceptence stage is done , now stage two applying for PR,
Good luck to every one , And for those who is waiting for hearing And genuine Refugee Lord be with them . applying for RTD need Holiday and Lambda dance. 8)

May 26, 2016
Congratulations Toronto 37..wish I were you...have been waiting and waiting and waiting since Nov 2012..very depressing period.
:'( :'( :'(

SAM000007

Jun 14, 2016
Toronto37 said:
Hi, Yes im legacy case since Sep 2012 , IWAS ;D , Waited From SEP 2012 Till Jan 2016 then recev a letter from RPD requesting more evidence and Info may file will be expedite , which idid provide after 2 weeks ,and boom Letter today 4 April recev saying its determined with out hearing and im accepted as Refugee , By the way Im Syrian , , so No hearing or interview ,FINALY acceptence stage is done , now stage two applying for PR,
Good luck to every one , And for those who is waiting for hearing And genuine Refugee Lord be with them . applying for RTD need Holiday and Lambda dance. 8)
Hey guys,

I submitted my case on Aug 2012 still waiting for hearing date .I contacted IRB ,my lawyer and immigration over 100 times and i got the same reply WAIT . any other solution or suggestion if you guys wanna share i would be grateful.

Toronto37

Jun 10, 2014
Im really for you for you guys , ireally know the pain of waiting , and the fear thats comes with it , well ikept calling the IRB and the immigration board few times a month , till they start to know my voice , and idunno irecived that letter say ibeen accept it with out hearing , but ive heard still there is some ppl waiting since 2011 im so sure it depence on your citizenship, sine the new tredue goverment took , made my life smoother and easier for syrian. u need hope sir and keep calling the irb and and try to figure out who is dealing with your and try to contact them and ask why im still wiating thats what idone , it may work.