+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any information on the resumption of Passport Stamping?

devanshumevada

Star Member
Apr 18, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hey Guys,

It has now almost been 57 days since I received PPR. But Passport Stamping Services have been suspended in India and on asking VFS about it on Twitter, they only have one reply which is "as per directives of the High Commission of Canada, only biometric appointments are available for all visa categories from June 28 onwards. Other services will resume in a phased manner"

Any idea as to when it may resume? The wait truly has been frustrating

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
I don't know there is something invisible from their twitter and trends that is somewhat re-assuring me they are gonna start passport stamping soon. It is just a gut feeling. Could be wrong. This tweet was one such which made it noticeable for me.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
I don't know there is something invisible from their twitter and trends that is somewhat re-assuring me they are gonna start passport stamping soon. It is just a gut feeling. Could be wrong. This tweet was one such which made it noticeable for me.
Yeah that sounds like a breath of fresh air. Especially the word "days" , not weeks.. or months... or years... or lifetime....

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hahahaha yar I can feel they have frustrated all of us a lot!!! Really this un clarity and wait is killing everyone now.....
IRCC reminds me of a girl in a joke:

Guy (We) - proposes a girl thinking the worst that she can say is 'NO'

Girl (IRCC) - "If you were the trophy at the end of a race, I would start running backwards."

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Okay one piece of news I got from a student group.

One person in the group called the high commission of Canada in India twice. One some weeks ahead and one today. On the last call they mentioned they do not know anything about passport stamping resumption. However it was different this time.

He called for two matters this time, one on passport resumption matter and other on the possibility of submitting passports in another country to get it stamped.

They mentioned this time that there is an update coming on the next week on stamping. Not sure if it would be positive or not. Regardless it is good.

They also mentioned there is no issues in stamping your passport from another country. IRCC never mentioned anywhere that you should stamp your passport only in the country you applied from. One thing to note is that, it won't be an issue of your passport submission deadline is not passed.

They could or could not take your passport after expiry in another country but it would pretty much depend on the vacs there. So if someone is taking that route please contact the respective offices the country they plan to go to.

I will attach the call recording as a proof in the next reply. Check that out for more info.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021

One person in the group called the high commission of Canada in India twice. One some weeks ahead and one today. On the last call they mentioned they do not know anything about passport stamping resumption. However it was different this time.

He called for two matters this time, one on passport resumption matter and other on the possibility of submitting passports in another country to get it stamped.

They mentioned this time that there is an update coming on the next week on stamping. Not sure if it would be positive or not. Regardless it is good.

They also mentioned there is no issues in stamping your passport from another country. IRCC never mentioned anywhere that you should stamp your passport only in the country you applied from. One thing to note is that, it won't be an issue of your passport submission deadline is not passed.

They could or could not take your passport after expiry in another country but it would pretty much depend on the vacs there. So if someone is taking that route please contact the respective offices the country they plan to go to.

I will attach the call recording as a proof in the next reply. Check that out for more info.
Here is the recording: https://voca.ro/1lfi3FO7lXfi
Idk if the mods will delete it for the url but I have no other way to share the audio. If someone knows a better way please tell me so that I could share it here in case mods delete this.

Last edited:

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021

I can vouch for this. I harass IRCC / Delhi visa office regularly. Its a different thing they troll me back.

I called in May. And once around June 14th. They were CLUELESS about any resumption. They said maybe they are working on applications in the backend but not sure.
This girl’s voice is familiar. Are they short on manpower?? Cause now day before she also said something on the same lines- You can expect resumption shortly please follow us (even though she didn’t mention next week maybe by then they did not have an update).

Anywhooo. PPRs are coming for newer late applications. Let’s hope us older applications see the light of the day next week. The next three days will be radio silence for sure. Canada day long weekend blah blah.

@Shadow_Man. This was music to my ears bwahaha.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I can vouch for this. I harass IRCC / Delhi visa office regularly. Its a different thing they troll me back.

I called in May. And once around June 14th. They were CLUELESS about any resumption. They said maybe they are working on applications in the backend but not sure.
This girl’s voice is familiar. Are they short on manpower?? Cause now day before she also said something on the same lines- You can expect resumption shortly please follow us (even though she didn’t mention next week maybe by then they did not have an update).

Anywhooo. PPRs are coming for newer late applications. Let’s hope us older applications see the light of the day next week. The next three days will be radio silence for sure. Canada day long weekend blah blah.
But someone got a refusal today (2nd July), saw it in a group. So I dunno what are they up to really.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
We can still find a pattern. Let me guess- The guy recently gave biometrics??
Beat me with a stick if am wrong though :/
You are right! Btw there literally is no pattern, someone who submitted in May but gave biometrics recently are either receiving BVL, BVL+Decision or NOTHING. What is wrong seriously? I saw someone get PPR who applied on 15 May with 45% marks + 10 years gap and from his profile it was reallllly average, everything else. Frustrating.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
You are right! Btw there literally is no pattern, someone who submitted in May but gave biometrics recently are either receiving BVL, BVL+Decision or NOTHING. What is wrong seriously? I saw someone get PPR who applied on 15 May with 45% marks + 10 years gap and from his profile it was reallllly average, everything else. Frustrating.
I know there is no pattern. One pattern for sure- Guys who just gave biometrics and SDS are getting. There are a few non-SDS but majorly SDS ones and I am yet to see something contrary so this theory stands uncontested.

Reactions: rogerdude1