+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any idea? Citizenship application returned for a missing checkbox

goodfriend

Sep 5, 2019
My citizenship CIT 0002 application is returned by CIC as incomplete.
I just forgot to fill a check box. CIC already stamped with date received, they also stapled my photo on the form. It looks almost complete. I feel like I can just check the box and send the same application form. Back I could not be sure. My questions are:

1- Shall I just check the box on the returned form and send it again or fill a new form?
2- If new form is needed, shall I send 2 photos again?

Thank you...

Last edited:

pamada

Jan 29, 2019
I just forgot to fill a check box. CIC already stamped with date received, they also stapled my photo on the form. It looks almost complete. I feel like I can just check the box and send the same application form. Back I could not be sure. My questions are:

1- Shall I just check the box on the returned form and send it again or fill a new form?

Thank you...
That happened to me when I applied in March last year in that my application was returned to me. I had forgotten to check the box beside Question 9 (c) 'During your eligibility period did you live outside Canada?'. They sent the application back to me and had highlighted what information was incomplete.

1 - As far as I recall, I went back onto my laptop and on the application checked the box beside the question I had missed. I reprinted this page and put it with the rest of the application that had been returned to me and mailed the application back to them.
2 - As I only printed out the page and included it with the original application, I didn't include new photos.

I did include a letter of explanation too just advising them that I had included this information that was missing. I also told them that I didn't want a refund (as that was an option mentioned on the letter they had sent me) and that I would like to proceed with my citizen application. I did get my AOR in April and became a Canadian citizen in January of this year.

mirko.alilovic

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016

Thank you...
Hello, what did you miss? I'm having trouble with a checkbox under question 8. When I check in 'No' for the first question, the second one disappears and when I print out the page none of the checkboxes are checked for the question "Are you paying someone to help you fill out this form"

Ideas, anyone?:(