+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any hope for IMG'S (Doctors) QORAX

at9459

May 30, 2009
is there any hope for IMG'S.
I have an experience of more than 25 years as a GP in Delhi and am a PR already and I don't know what to at my age of 53 years.
can someone suggest an option?
I will be very grateful.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Hi,
Doc try looking into some University/College programs, that offer some programs/courses related to Medical Health Profession. It would be REALLY tough to move to the unpredictable land of examinations/residencies...
I will not recommend it, but, off course that is my opinion solemnly.

Regards

at9459

May 30, 2009
Thanks.
Can you guide me or give me a link so that I can follow.
I am worried because I intent to Immigrate only for the future of children.
I am quite well settled otherwise in New Delhi

ham172

Star Member
May 29, 2012
@at9459

Hi. I'm also an IMG. Been practicing OB-Gyn since 2000. If it were not for my husband, I would prefer to stay in my country. Just waiting for my visa under spousal sponsorship. I am also a nurse and in the meantime, I intend to take the licensing exam in Ontario as soon as I land. Wish I can practice medicine but the process of becoming one can be long, difficult, and highly competitive. They also require a return-of-service for 5 years to underserviced areas in Ontario. By this time, age would be working against me. Wish you all the luck...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
is there any hope for IMG'S.
I have an experience of more than 25 years as a GP in Delhi and am a PR already and I don't know what to at my age of 53 years.
can someone suggest an option?
I will be very grateful.
Hi,

1. At that age bracket [usually after 42, 45 max] immigration should be best avoided.
2. If one is well settled & his/her career is progressing smoothly in his/her current location -- it also be better avoided.
3. Canada is anyway not a good idea for med. professionals, especially if they r beyond their thirties.

U'd Sir, might have to look at alternative professions... and that's going to be pretty difficult in ur age, experience & ur current social status. U'd've choices to make... those'd be pretty tough ones; and it's only u alone could take those decisions.

Think about it!

at9459

May 30, 2009
Thanks Qorax for your opinion.
I am in a dilemma whether to make the move for my children's sake or not.
How much money do you think is sufficient to live comfortably ( Car, eating out once in a while, and the usual comforts) in missisuaga area if I buy my own house without mortgage for a family of five- (3 adults and 2 < 18 years).Your opinion is important for me.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
Thanks Qorax for your opinion.
I am in a dilemma whether to make the move for my children's sake or not.
How much money do you think is sufficient to live comfortably ( Car, eating out once in a while, and the usual comforts) in missisuaga area if I buy my own house without mortgage for a family of five- (3 adults and 2 < 18 years).Your opinion is important for me.
The bare minimums...
v

qorax said:
Toronto - Living costs (a guideline only)

U'd generally be Ok with [size=12pt]$2500-3500 per month.
-House Rent: $700-1300 depending on what/where u locate/chose. Anything less than $700 would be shady!
-Heat & Hydro: If u take a condo, add another $100 a month to the above.
-Cable/Internet/Phone: $125-200 depending ur usage/preferance. Anything less than $125 would be tearsome!
-Conveyance: $100-200 depending on ur efficiency. Anything less than $100 would make u immobile!
-Fuel: Add $200-300 on the above if u have a car. Else u r semi-static... not hapenning 4 u here!
-Auto-Ins.: $400-600 if u buy a car. U may chose not to initially... but down 6 months - u must have [else u might be in deep sh1t]!
-Food: $1200-1700 depending on ur livability. Anything less than $1200 - and u aren't 'alive'!
-Outings: $300-700 depending on ur lifestyle. Anything lesser than $300 would make u socially dead!
-Stationery & consumables: $50-100. Anything less than $50 and u r doing nothing!
-Irregular purchases: $250-400. Anything less than $250 is not happening, here...
-Out-of-pocket expenses: $300-500. Else u r impossible, incorrigible, incognito!
-Kid's welfare: $150-250. If u have kids - u'd understand their addnl requirements!
-Childcare: $300-1000 depending on what u chose [pvt unlicensed to proper daycare]. It'd be if u both work & if kids r minors.
-Misc.: $300-500. U never know from where u'd have a bombshell! If not - it'd be ur safety-net.

Qorax[/size]

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I'd recommend you to Start studying for the licensing exams.
Better late than never.

Excellent budgetery post from Qurax.

at9459

May 30, 2009
what are the income tax rates in simple terms?
suppose we earn $50000.
what are the admissible rebates?
please do not give me a link because I could not understand it on the different sites available.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

at9459 said:
what are the income tax rates in simple terms?
suppose we earn $50000.
what are the admissible rebates?
please do not give me a link because I could not understand it on the different sites available.
If you couldn't understand the tax rates, federally and provincially http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html Then no one is going to be able to explain Canadian income tax and deductions in a forum.

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
qorax said:
Hi,

1. At that age bracket [usually after 42, 45 max] immigration should be best avoided.
2. If one is well settled & his/her career is progressing smoothly in his/her current location -- it also be better avoided.
3. Canada is anyway not a good idea for med. professionals, especially if they r beyond their thirties.

U'd Sir, might have to look at alternative professions... and that's going to be pretty difficult in ur age, experience & ur current social status. U'd've choices to make... those'd be pretty tough ones; and it's only u alone could take those decisions.

Think about it!

Correct Capt. Qorax is. Only 2 months ago I visited Canada as a visitor and met many people from our sub continent. I met a doctor who is 55 yrs old, settled well in India but moved to Canada. After spending one year he decided to go back. I had an old Indian Canadian friend who went back 5 years ago to India after living 27 years in Canada, at first he and his 3 children suffered but now doing well.
Decision is yours so decide accordingly.

at9459

May 30, 2009
Thanks for the response.
Is it worth going to Canada for the education of children?
They are in class VI & IX.
Please guide.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
Thanks for the response.
Is it worth going to Canada for the education of children?
They are in class VI & IX.
Please guide.
One 100-percent YES.