+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Guidance/Mannual on How to Create/Answer Questions of EE Profile?

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello There,

As I will be starting to create my EE profile soon, I have been kinda hesitant to do so because I am afraid that I will come across questions that I dont know how to answer or what to put.

Therefore, can anyone tell me is there's any instructions that can guide me step by step in creating my EE profile? (for example, things like you are supposed to put "0" on available funds in order to be considered CEC)

Thanks...

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first step is to get your language results. Without this you can't even start to successfully answer the questions using the 'Come To Canada' tool. Have you completed and got your language test results as yet?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
wenfeizh said:
Hello There,

As I will be starting to create my EE profile soon, I have been kinda hesitant to do so because I am afraid that I will come across questions that I dont know how to answer or what to put.

Therefore, can anyone tell me is there's any instructions that can guide me step by step in creating my EE profile? (for example, things like you are supposed to put "0" on available funds in order to be considered CEC)

Thanks...
The Express Entry profile is dynamic and some of the information/question that you get depends on the information that you have already provided in previous sections. You do not have to complete everything in one stretch. You can save the forms and return later. Once you start, you have 60 days to complete your Express Entry profile.

You will need to fill details of the following (plus some additional questions depending on your personal situation):

Your personal reference code from the Come to Canada tool.
Name
Country
City of birth
Marital status
ID docs
Number of family members and settlement funds amount
Education history
Your language test results
Your Education Credential Assessment results.
Your work history details and corresponding National Occupational Classification or NOC codes
Your passport or travel document.
If you have a Provincial nomination then details of nomination.
If you have LMIA approved Job offer then details of your Job offer.
Your choice(s) of province
Your representative (if any)

http://canadavisahelpcentre.com/a-comprehensive-guide-to-express-entry/10/

All the best.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joelmath said:
The Express Entry profile is dynamic and some of the information/question that you get depends on the information that you have already provided in previous sections. You do not have to complete everything in one stretch. You can save the forms and return later. Once you start, you have 60 days to complete your Express Entry profile.

You will need to fill details of the following (plus some additional questions depending on your personal situation):

Your personal reference code from the Come to Canada tool.
Name
Country
City of birth
Marital status
ID docs
Number of family members and settlement funds amount
Education history
Your language test results
Your Education Credential Assessment results.
Your work history details and corresponding National Occupational Classification or NOC codes
Your passport or travel document.
If you have a Provincial nomination then details of nomination.
If you have LMIA approved Job offer then details of your Job offer.
Your choice(s) of province
Your representative (if any)

http://canadavisahelpcentre.com/a-comprehensive-guide-to-express-entry/10/

All the best.
Thank you SO MUCH Joel for the information.

It is very helpful knowing that I have 60 days to complete my EE profile and that I can go back and forth to edit all the information before I get put into the pool.

I have always been very hesitant to start because not knowing what's to come. But i should just go right ahead soon (after 1 year CEC requirement met) and then start working on it.

ONE LAST QUESTION:

So the one year work experience requirement for CEC, does it have to be completed before the date i start my EE profile (which gives me 60 days to complete according to what you said above), or before the date I actually fully complete my EE profile? (Sorry my English is not good and this seems a bit confusing to ask, if you need more clarification please let me know)

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
You have to have your minimum work experience requirement met at the time of submition of your EE profile. But be careful as it can't be even one day less.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bobbieleigh said:
You have to have your minimum work experience requirement met at the time of submition of your EE profile. But be careful as it can't be even one day less.
Just to clarify, so you mean i can start creating my EE profile now, as long as when I submit the profile, I have finished the 1 year requirement then i will be fine?

I heard that they are very strict with the 1 year requirement, my question is, I started March 23, 2015 until now, but I had two weeks lay-off last August, and I had 3 weeks vacation (company benefits), I believe that I have finished the 1 year requirement as of today (April 4, 2016), but I plan to work 1 extra week just to be safe. Do you think I have satisfied the 1 year requirement already?

Thanks~~~

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
The first step is to get your language results. Without this you can't even start to successfully answer the questions using the 'Come To Canada' tool. Have you completed and got your language test results as yet?
Yes I have taken the test and got the result already.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenfeizh said:
Just to clarify, so you mean i can start creating my EE profile now, as long as when I submit the profile, I have finished the 1 year requirement then i will be fine?

I heard that they are very strict with the 1 year requirement, my question is, I started March 23, 2015 until now, but I had two weeks lay-off last August, and I had 3 weeks vacation (company benefits), I believe that I have finished the 1 year requirement as of today (April 4, 2016), but I plan to work 1 extra week just to be safe. Do you think I have satisfied the 1 year requirement already?

Thanks~~~
Could anyone confirm this please?

Thanks

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
What do you mean by lay-off? Were you still employed in the company? It has to be continuous one year. Vacation doesn't count.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bobbieleigh said:
What do you mean by lay-off? Were you still employed in the company? It has to be continuous one year. Vacation doesn't count.
It's not vacation. It's two weeks that we don't work and don't get paid (but I am still employed by the organization). Because we get our fundings from the Federal government (IRCC actually). Because of the annual cut so the organization decided that each year we will have two weeks lay-off to absorb the cut. But we go back to work like normal after that. It is a full time permanent position.