+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any expirience with Vienna embassy ?

E

erikag

My application is being processed in Vienna. I'm very pleased with their response time. One of our friends has applied in Buffalo around the same time we did and he has not heard anything from them since he received his file number.

Here is our timeline:

Applied (skilled workers category) on June 14,2008

Application received by the Embassy on June 19, 2008

They started processing the application on July 22, 2008

We received an e-mail on Sept 17, 2008: they are requesting permanent job offer letter. (we couldn't provide one)
Without that letter the processing time is 24-48 months.

On Jan 30, 2009 they surprized us with another e-mail:
As you may be aware, changes were made to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which affect applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. Since your application was received on or after this date, your application is subject to these amendments.

Section 87.3(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act stipulates that

The processing of applications and requests is to be conducted in a manner that, in the opinion of the Minister, will best support the attainment of the immigration goals established by the Government of Canada.

Section 87.3(3) further states that

For the purposes of subsection (2), the Minister may give instructions with respect to the processing of applications and requests, including instructions

establishing categories of applications or requests to which the instructions apply;

establishing an order, by category or otherwise, for the processing of applications or requests;

setting the number of applications or requests, by category or otherwise, to be processed in any year; and

providing for the disposition of applications and requests, including those made subsequent to the first application or request.

Please note that the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism has issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 28th, 2008. These instructions identify which applications are eligible to be processed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

According to the Minister’s instructions, your application is eligible for processing if:

* you have an offer of arranged employment, OR
* you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
* you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations listed here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list
We need to send a couple of more documents that were missing within 3 months. They will be sent my March 20, 2009.

On Feb 24, 2009 we received the first letter from the Embassy, requesting the medical reports and the missing documents (again).
We got 2 months to send the missing documents and 3 months to have the medical examinations.

March 14, 2009 appointment for medical examination.

Waiting game ...

I will update if there are any news.

Are you applying for PR in Vienna? Please post your timeline here! :)

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
My husband is sponsoring me and we're going through Vienna. No experience with them yet, our sponsorship was approved only 10 days ago. An AOR letter soon would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up xD

mesecdana123

Feb 21, 2009
Well, our experience with Vienna embassy is good. Take a look at the processing lists, it's from 2-6 months, which is the fastest in Europe. We send to Missesauga office in October 21.2008, it has been forwarded to Vienna Novembar 19. 2008. My husband had an interview in Belgrade(Serbia) plus to bring additional documents on January 16.2009. We got request for landing fee(PR) on Feb.26 2009. We paid landing fee and now we are waiting for passport request.

AMYRE

Aug 21, 2012
Vienna EMBASSY holding passports.

Vienna office asked me to submit my original passport in order to get the immigration visa affixed some two months back. I immediately send the same June 20. 2012. Now, its two months past and haven't received any update nor passports!! My case was transferred from Berlin. Can any one with similar experience as mine. All my medical, permanent fee etc are done. And upon their request I submitted the original passport for issuance of the immi visa!!