+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any body coming to lakehead university for Jan 2014 ??

innocent_a6

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2013
I was admitted into the MA Economics program for fall 2013, but was denied visa for financial reasons and my not being able to convince the VO I'll return after studies. I requested for a deferral and have gotten a new start date next fall (2014F). I really want to know as much I can about LU and the city of thunder bay:

How is the MA Economics program at LU?

What's the lot of International students in LU...I'm from Nigeria?

How the living standard in thunder bay?

How do I get an accommodation in thunder bay...and which is best off or on campus?

And how is the University generally perceived in CAD?

hellolondon

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
krishnat said:
hello any body coming to Lakehead university let me if they need any help
i am currently studying in Lakehead :) :) 8)
Bro, I received the admission letter yesterday for M.Sc comp science for Jan intake. which part of India are you from? Am from Bangalore.

RAOSAHAB

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Dear krishnat,

i read your post, I am also intrested in MSC computer science at lakehead Univ, but can u just tell me job avilablity in thunder bay as this small city as compare to others and my profile is

10th 64%
12th 62%
BE CGPA 6.3
right now i am preparing for gre and ielts.

am I able to make it with this profile?

john310

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
krishnat said:
Obviously from Hyderabad ..........South india :))))))
HI krishnat I am from hyd india I AM APPLYING FOR LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY. IN offer letter its state i need to pay $100 to get un conditional offer letter. can i apply to visa with this letter or i need to pay full semester fees. please can you tell me refund policy in case i wish to change university. please advice me krishnat thank you

john310

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
john310 said:
HI krishnat I am from hyd india I AM APPLYING FOR LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY. IN offer letter its state i need to pay $100 to get un conditional offer letter. can i apply to visa with this letter or i need to pay full semester fees. please can you tell me refund policy in case i wish to change university. please advice me krishnat thank you
ANY REPLY PLZ

MANI ACHNANI

May 14, 2016
hey
I had already applied for M.Engg Program in Lakehead for Fall/2016.
I had scored overall 6.5 (L 7.5, R 6.0, W 5.5, S 6.0) in IELTS.
B.Tech with 6.88 CGPA only 1 Backlog which is cleared.
Diploma with 8.36 CGPA no Backlog.

is there any possibilities of getting admission from lakehead?

Will be waiting for your reply,

student2017

Sep 30, 2016
Hi,

I will be coming to Lakehead in mid Dec 2016 from India as I got admission is Winter 2017 masters program. Being an International student I checked on google if Thunder bay is a safe place to live and got very negative data like it is one of the most dangerous places to live. If you have been living there or of you know any Indian there from Lakehead university, please give me their contact no at anubhatia@yahoo.com, would like to talk to them.

Would like to know if it is safe to come and study there.

Thanks a lot.

krishnat said:
ya here there are few Indian's here in lu
if it is for 2yr course it is not a problem i am not sure about the 1yr course
but i think it is not a big issue you can extend your study permit once you come here or you can contact cic delhi
Better to talk with the experienced Consultancy people
And you applied for CS?
and got admission?
ur priofile ?

KENGAM

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hi,

I will be coming to Lakehead in mid Dec 2016 from India as I got admission is Winter 2017 masters program. Being an International student I checked on google if Thunder bay is a safe place to live and got very negative data like it is one of the most dangerous places to live. If you have been living there or of you know any Indian there from Lakehead university, please give me their contact no at anubhatia@yahoo.com, would like to talk to them.

Would like to know if it is safe to come and study there.

Thanks a lot.
I hope you are enjoying there , for sept.19 intake , i have applied MSc computer course & my profile BTech ( IT ) = 7 CGPA , 10th 9 cgpa & 12th 75% , ILETS 7 , can you through some light on my admission getting chances on present year .