Jul 21, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
30th April
Med's Done....
18th April
Hi,

About a month or two months after I had my medical I was given anti-depressants because of some sleep issues due to insomnia. I sent an email to the doctor about this and on next visit I mentioned it and he kind of shrugged it off and told me it doesn't matter. This was for a couple of months until my symptoms improved and stopped medication.

I received my COPR in November and will be moving in March. I went to the therapist again this week and was given anti-depressants (because of sleep problems again) and some mood-enhancers or whatever due to anxiety and some depression (it's seasonal mood disorder I think but I was never given any medical label).

Will I be denied entry if I bring one months supply of medication since I'm assuming the medical doctor did not mention it (and since it was after COPR)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can bring a 90 day supply of medication with you. I'd actually encourage it. Make sure your prescription has the label from the pharmacy with doctors instructions if that is how you get Rxs in your country. Make sure at least it is original packaging and not some unlabeled container. On a personal note be careful with sleep aids they can become very addictive and should not really be used daily or for long periods of time. Best of luck.

blivori

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
30th April
Med's Done....
18th April
You can bring a 90 day supply of medication with you. I'd actually encourage it. Make sure your prescription has the label from the pharmacy with doctors instructions if that is how you get Rxs in your country. Make sure at least it is original packaging and not some unlabeled container. On a personal note be careful with sleep aids they can become very addictive and should not really be used daily or for long periods of time. Best of luck.
Thank you. They are not sleep aides, they are anti-depressants and anti-psychotics (because that's what they use for anxiety). They help with anxiety which lets you sleep. Thanks for the advice though!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. They are not sleep aides, they are anti-depressants and anti-psychotics (because that's what they use for anxiety). They help with anxiety which lets you sleep. Thanks for the advice though!
Many of the various drugs used to treat sleep are still addictive and shouldn't be used longterm.

Sisabel

Nov 29, 2021
Anxiety Disorder is a somewhat fragile condition, especially since we talk about mental health. Indeed, some painkillers and various pills help treat it, but we must also follow the body's reaction to administering certain substances in our body. Otherwise, depression, anxiety, or even psychological state may be further affected. I read on https://fherehab.com/learning/prolonged-trauma-and-c-ptsd/ that often trauma caused by stress can lead to diseases such as PTSD or BPD.