+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

answering the questions - Ambiguities

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
In form 5002, it asks where i was born. The city was Hong Kong was where I was born, but it asks, also the province and Country. What should I put as province and Country. Province - NA, and then Country being China? It was British when I was born.

in form 5285, for spousal sponsorship, it asks for Period of cohabitation. Should I put the move in date starting in canada as the from date. Then the "to date" do i just put the date of the application. but obviously i am still living with her. is it ok to leave the "to date" black or write anything other than numbers? (IE, can i put "current" or something to that effect)

Form 1344a asks for some canada telephone numbers, but it asks for Country Code, Area Codwe and then phone number. the area code would be the (xxx) and the phone number would be xxx-11xx? then How about the COuntry Code? Just want to make sure i do it right

On number 7 of that same for 1344a it asks for mailing address if different that 6a. But since it is the same, then when i answer #7, do I put down "same" "NA" or leave blank. people say never leave any questions blank.

On the checklist form, it asks for me to provide proof of legal entry in to canada. But i notice that coming from the US, they have not stamped my passport for going in to canada or leaving canada. How would i handle that if the next time they don't stamp my date of entry in to Canada on my passport. They simply just asked me quesions, and stamped my declaration card which i turned in when leaving the customs area. Why wouldn't they stamp my passport, and how do i satisfy this requirement. in fact, since i only have 6 months, if they ask on the application for extension of stay, How would i overcome that as well as proof of entry. - That is my biggest concern

Thanks to anyone with details to my questions.

Oh, and if i can't leave Canada until after I have permanent residence status (assuming I don't have to leave for an emergency) i note the admitting to US asks how long you were in canada and for what reason. In case, my paperwork is in process already and i have to go for emergency, what do i do? and even after i have pR and still use US passport, what obstacles would i run in to? - Another big concern.

I am sure i'll have more questions. Are these common worries people have or i just am two worry.

i am literally losing sleep and appetite over those two big worries.

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Bundori

I can't answer all your questions but I can help you with some of them.

Place of birth - yes, put "N/A" for Province and for Country you could add "now China" in brackets, just to to be sure

Period of Cohabitation - it should be the date when you first started living together, whether that was in Canada or somewhere else. For the "to date", yes I'd put "current" (or ongoing, whatever word you like).

Country Code for Canada is "1", you've got the rest of the details right.

For mailing address, it does say if different but since popular opinion says leave nothing blank, I'd put "as above" to be on the safe side.

Sorry, no clue on the rest except that once you have PR, you can travel with your PR card and US passport with no problems - remember there will many immigrants with Canadian PR cards and passports from all over the world doing exactly the same thing.

Best of luck to you, I hope someone can answer the other questions.

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
Thannk You Gdaymate;

I look forwarde to the end of this process. and more answers so i can better understand the immigration process.

good day all.

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
Hope to have some more feedbacks with this topic. Thank everyone who have helped everybody else with this process.

Cheers

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
Hi, Just hoping to bring this back to the top and hope more answers to clear up my questions come,

Thank you all who have helped in all my questions.

Greetings