+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Annoucement for new changes might be delayed - More refugees are coming?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like Mr.McCallum's plan is facing some challenges from inside the Liberals party and the Parliament.

"Generally they seem to be on the same page, but Parliament hasn't yet gone back and we're going to have more discussion about this."

McCallum said some of the internal rumblings are also about how to sell Canadians on the idea that more immigration is good for the country.
However, I am not sure if this is related to the new changes in Express Entry or with the new quota for the next 3 years. As Mc.McCallum and IRCC want to significantly increase the quota for immigration, but in the article, he clearly said that they increase the quota in order to receive more "Syrian refugee"

Canada will welcome a "sizable" number of new refugees from Syria and other nations over the next three years, but McCallum won't reveal exact numbers until November.

He expects the bulk of those refugees to be "economic refugees," people who could help Canada's demographics and labour shortage problems.
So basically, more quota usually means more ITAs for us, the economic applicants in EE, it also means lower cutoff score. However, if the Liberals want to use the extra quota for the refugee stream, then it's a really bad news for us, especially the FSW, as this group will be the most vulnerable to any changes in the future.

I also don't get why the Liberals love the "economic refugees" so much? Don't they have enough inland CEC and outland FSW applicants already? Why go with the refugees? it doesn't make any economic senses at all, and it's bad for both Canadians and Express Entry applicants.

Source:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/john-mccallum-immigration-caucus-1.3765484

rabzodemorayh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i guess it's called having a heart...helping those who need it most!

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabzodemorayh said:
Well, usually when you put the word "Economic" into something, you shouldn't put your heart and sympathy in it but the most practical thinking and actions.

An Economic immigration program's purpose is to find the best candidates who will contribute the most to the economy, or aka pay the most taxes. I think it's pretty funny that you can grade some people like objects with points and categories (Express Entry), but the other can be allowed in without any serious consideration and checkup.

Also pay attention to the word "economic refugees", they are not war refugees.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabzodemorayh said:
hmmmm, ok, wonder what the logic behind that is then... :-\
My bet is because the young Trudeau is trying to get Canada a seat in the UN Security Council in 2021. He's trying to show the world that Canada is, indeed a world player, by accepting more Syrian refugees, sending troops to Europe,overly promoting gay rights and supporting feminism, not that any of these things are bad, but they are not really needed at this time and his government are doing all these things at the expense of the Canadian economy. In summary, the move to receive more "Syrian refugees" are not because Canadians love them, but Trudeau just needs more media attention and karma.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cananda-nato-baltic-troops-1.3669952
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-to-announce-when-canada-will-seek-un-security-council-bid-1.3490290
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-united-nations-security-council-1.3491917

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Canada doesnt have any obligation to take in Economic immigrants every year, they do have obligation to take in refugees under international law and Geneva convention. Blaming displaced refugees to take away your quotas and rights is deeply Un-Canadian.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
Canada doesnt have any obligation to take in Economic immigrants every year, they do have obligation to take in refugees under international law and Geneva convention. Blaming displaced refugees to take away your quotas and rights is deeply Un-Canadian.
Any source to back up the claim that Canada, the US or any countries have the obligation to take in the Syrian refugees?

I have never stated that it's my rights to immigrate to Canada. I'm just pointing out the effects of receiving more refugees which many Canadians, MPs and Liberals party members are also agreeing with.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
The Syrians have been through a lot so welcoming them to Canada is always a good thing - kudos to Canada.
For us immigrant-hopefuls, we just need to up our game if the scores won't be lowered anytime soon. Getting a provincial nomination is a great option to hurdle over this difficulty with the recent EE invites.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
rabzodemorayh said:
who will never work and be burden on the society... :(

I am sorry but its just a fact based on the examples of other countries, if 10% of these will end up working - it will be achievement.

rabzodemorayh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
who will never work and be burden on the society... :(

I am sorry but its just a fact based on the examples of other countries, if 10% of these will end up working - it will be achievement.
"burden on society" depends on who you ask...some of us have white privilege and others don't....and what was the crime of these poor syrians? that they were born in the wrong society? the world owes them, esp. those rich countries that destroyed syria...

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LokiJr01 said:
Getting a provincial nomination is a great option to hurdle over this difficulty with the recent EE invites.
Wow, what a great solution! because they are handing out PNP ITAs like candies right?

rabzodemorayh said:
.and what was the crime of these poor syrians? that they were born in the wrong society? the world owes them, esp. those rich countries that destroyed syria...
We are not actually blaming the Syrian refugees here but the Liberals government. But I'm not agreeing with you about the we owe them. Let's say no one is owning anyone anything.

It's your fault that your country is an undeveloped one and letting a bunch of dictators runs the country to the ground. The Western countries always promote the equal rights, but most of the time, it's only for their citizens and their country's benefits, not the other's.

"The strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must" - Thucydides

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Alexios07 said:
Well, usually when you put the word "Economic" into something, you shouldn't put your heart and sympathy in it but the most practical thinking and actions.

An Economic immigration program's purpose is to find the best candidates who will contribute the most to the economy, or aka pay the most taxes. I think it's pretty funny that you can grade some people like objects with points and categories (Express Entry), but the other can be allowed in without any serious consideration and checkup.

Also pay attention to the word "economic refugees", they are not war refugees.
you are right.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
rabzodemorayh said:
"burden on society" depends on who you ask...some of us have white privilege and others don't....and what was the crime of these poor syrians? that they were born in the wrong society? the world owes them, esp. those rich countries that destroyed syria...
how did you arrive to the conclusion that "economic refugees" are Syrians?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maged_mmh said:
how did you arrive to the conclusion that "economic refugees" are Syrians?
Because Mr.McCallum said so himself

Canada will welcome a "sizable" number of new refugees from Syria and other nations over the next three years, but McCallum won't reveal exact numbers until November.

He expects the bulk of those refugees to be "economic refugees," people who could help Canada's demographics and labour shortage problems.