+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Annex A and Passport request

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
I received an email from CIC the other day. The email comes from this address:

CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC@cic.gc.ca

They are requesting that I submit Annex A form and 2 more PR style photos of myself, as well as the passport itself.

From what I understand, this is the final step for immigration.

The only thing that has me kind of curious is that I have already sent 4 photos and scans of my passport during the required steps of the original Spousal Sponship. Why would they need yet another copy of my passport and photos that are already on file?

The other thing that seems suspicious to me is that when I log into the CIC site to check my application status, it still says that my background check and eligibility is under review, and there is no message requesting Annex A on the site. Only through direct email.

This seems to contradict this information on CIC website:

Passport request letter

Once an application has been approved and a final decision has been entered, the processing office must send the ‘Passport Request’ letter to the applicant through their MyCIC account.
Is this NORMAL? I can't find any information that says I've been approved on the CIC website for my application. It all says it's still in review.

My ANNEX A form also has no barcode, which I've seen others mention is necessary. Also, the whole thing is inside of a PDF, which I've read other people say theirs was not a PDF and instead directly in an email.

Here's a passage from the PDF they sent:

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence
documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.
4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.
Also, as a USA citizen, I only need to send a Photocopy of my passport, correct? My wife and I found conflicting information.

I just want to be sure that this is legitimate CIC procedure, and that I'm not sending my passport to some scammer who preys on immigrants. Or, that CIC didn't accidently send the form too early but mistake.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
The email is legitimate. Follow the instructions and you will be fine.

Your Gckey will not update until your COPR has been issued.

jimjam26

Jun 20, 2017
The email is legitimate. Follow the instructions and you will be fine.

Your Gckey will not update until your COPR has been issued.
OK, thank you!

Do you (or anyone else) know what the timeframe between sending this info, and actually landing in Canada as a PR is?

I'm just wondering because I recently signed a 3 month lease on my apartment. I'm hoping everything lines up well and I can save myself some money.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
OK, thank you!

Do you (or anyone else) know what the timeframe between sending this info, and actually landing in Canada as a PR is?

I'm just wondering because I recently signed a 3 month lease on my apartment. I'm hoping everything lines up well and I can save myself some money.
There will be a due date listed on your COPR, and you have to land in Canada before that date. Usually it is the expiration date of your medical (Valid for 12 months) or your passport, whichever the earlier. Believe me, you will have plenty of time to prepare the moving. For myself, it took 4 and half months for my case approval and it took 5 months for us actually pack everything in the house and move to Canada.

Reactions: KBH

Nortia

Oct 24, 2015
Hi All,
Apologies if this is not the right thread but I need some advice regarding the last step of the application.
We have received the PR and request to send the photos to VPU (London). The letter states that we need to send the photos and UPLOAD a copy of the letter and Appendix A to MyCIC account. The big problem is that there is nowhere I can upload these documents on my account. Any idea how & where to upload the docs after I send the photos to VPU?
Many thanks in advance!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hi All,
Apologies if this is not the right thread but I need some advice regarding the last step of the application.
We have received the PR and request to send the photos to VPU (London). The letter states that we need to send the photos and UPLOAD a copy of the letter and Appendix A to MyCIC account. The big problem is that there is nowhere I can upload these documents on my account. Any idea how & where to upload the docs after I send the photos to VPU?
Many thanks in advance!
Submit via IRCC web form.

aprilstadha

Oct 11, 2018
United States
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
31-03-2018
AOR Received.
05-04-2018
Med's Request
18-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-08-2018
Passport Req..
10-09-2018
I just received the Annex A request as well. I'm American, my husband is Canadian, and our daughter is a dual citizen of US/Canada. We live in the US. It requests passport photocopies and "Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. " They are not considered an "accompanying family member", right? Since they are already Canadian.
From what I understand, these photos are for my PR card, and they will not need that. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I just received the Annex A request as well. I'm American, my husband is Canadian, and our daughter is a dual citizen of US/Canada. We live in the US. It requests passport photocopies and "Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. " They are not considered an "accompanying family member", right? Since they are already Canadian.
From what I understand, these photos are for my PR card, and they will not need that. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
My daughter is also a dual citizen of US/Canada and my husband is canadian. They are not accompanying family memebers.
And yes, photos are for PR card.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Leveraging off this older thread, I have received the same "passport letter", both by direct email and in my IRCC log-in account. My question is that the Appendix A table is not a form-fillable pdf, which is unlike all of the forms for the initial application. Is this a fault of my pc system? is it all right to fill out Appendix A by hand?

(In my case it really does say "Appendix", not "Annex". This surprised me.)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Leveraging off this older thread, I have received the same "passport letter", both by direct email and in my IRCC log-in account. My question is that the Appendix A table is not a form-fillable pdf, which is unlike all of the forms for the initial application. Is this a fault of my pc system? is it all right to fill out Appendix A by hand?

(In my case it really does say "Appendix", not "Annex". This surprised me.)
You could do by hand, or just make a table with the same information. (We did that because they didn't provide us the table, just told us what they needed)