+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

nanovecento

Jan 14, 2014
nanovecento said:
Dear Friends,

I am wondering, is that possible to do medical examination after (couple months) the family classs application? I mean send all forms then I can provide Medical check when they request.
or
What can you suggest?

Thanks a lot.
Hey Friends,

Which medical Physician is better Ankara or Istanbul, i mean time saving and paper work. I am same distance both of them, thats why i am asking. Alsı do I have chance to get report same day after examination or they are posting later. And finally how much is cost?
Thanks a lot

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
mamali and Ali.irani congrats on PPR!! :D :D Great news!

Mehrdad, welcome to Canada! :)

Finally my husband got his PR card - it took 95 days.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
My husband had the medical exam in Istanbul American Hospital. We were happy with the service, it was pretty fast and the staff seemed knowledgeable about the procedures. It cost us about $95 (equivalent to Turkish liras). They gave us the eMedical paper right away. Hope this helps.

nanovecento said:
Hey Friends,

Which medical Physician is better Ankara or Istanbul, i mean time saving and paper work. I am same distance both of them, thats why i am asking. Alsı do I have chance to get report same day after examination or they are posting later. And finally how much is cost?
Thanks a lot

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all..

looks quiet here! just an update on our file :(
So our Lawyer asked Ankara to send the file to Ottawa and Ottawa asked us for documents which we sent two weeks ago.
since then nothing has been sent back to us. We emailed them last week and they said they will return it shortly. I know that I should not panic as my hobby is here with me and we know that our file is completed and is in Ottawa now, but I am getting a bit frustrated...seems that Im getting stuck in situations like this that I have to wait. Apparently I have nothing to loose if I wait, but as we don't have the visa in our hand we are still stressed...just venting...sometimes you think why didn't we just go to Ankara and would have saved this long wait :((

I am green but a nervous one

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
We finally got our sponsorship approval yesterday :) I am planning to send the CSQ next week after St-Jean holidays.

Does Ankara VO send AOR to the sponsored person? I read that some VOs do and some don't. I was wondering if Ankara is one of those that sends out AORs...

@Negmeg hope you hear from Ottawa soon. You've passed the most stressful times already , just hang in there for a little bit more

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negmeg,

you have your husband next to you. At least you're waiting together. Be grateful. If I had what you have, I would be the happiest girl in the world.

yankee

Oct 14, 2011
could anybody advice how long will take visa issue if i send my passport via commercial courier from Azerbaijan?
As per the instruction for PR they accept the passports which were sent with courier. Another question is how they send it to me if I did not put prepaid service to bring them back. Will they inform when the passports are ready for collection?
if yes I'll be able to organize delivery.

thanks in advance

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know,
You are right..we don't value what we have and we want more.
we just received the passport today. I will wait here till all of you guys are green. Hope and faith is what God gave us to save us from these hard situation.

Luv ya all

keeponwaiting22 said:
negmeg,

you have your husband next to you. At least you're waiting together. Be grateful. If I had what you have, I would be the happiest girl in the world.

mhr

Jun 23, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Congrats to the ones who have their PR process thorough, my situation is a bit different and I want to know if anyone's similar (Thank you all!)

I have applied through ankara, but I am already in Canada with my wife (which sponsored me). because I came here for education and etc. and when we wanted to apply we were told outside (ankara) is faster so that is why!

Now It has been more than a year since my application received (4-june-2013) and process started in January 2014, also medical received. Still nothing! Isn't it too long? SHould i do anything? any feedback?

Thanks guys!

(I am currently working here but since you are not fully a human being in any country until you get your PR so I am a bit concerned on this)

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone
hope you all are doing well with your applications, above all congratulation to whom have already got their PR, also the ones who are together now.

mhr jan, basically have not that much clue on your case but I've heard the outside case which are not also landed in Canada got more fast processing time, should be right if you like, ask them by an email.

Is there anybody here who knows about luggage allowance from Tehran to Toronto, I understand it's initially 2X 23 Kilo with all airlines but I've also heard if it's immigration & stuffs like that there's an option which you can get more but not with airline like with free freight or...

Thank you in advance

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
mhr said:
Hello Everyone,

Congrats to the ones who have their PR process thorough, my situation is a bit different and I want to know if anyone's similar (Thank you all!)

I have applied through ankara, but I am already in Canada with my wife (which sponsored me). because I came here for education and etc. and when we wanted to apply we were told outside (ankara) is faster so that is why!

Now It has been more than a year since my application received (4-june-2013) and process started in January 2014, also medical received. Still nothing! Isn't it too long? SHould i do anything? any feedback?

Thanks guys!

(I am currently working here but since you are not fully a human being in any country until you get your PR so I am a bit concerned on this)
Hi mhr, it could be the visa office is running additional security and background checks on you. There is a greater chance of this happening if you are (a combination of the following): male, Iranian, completed military service, travelled extensively, worked for government/sepha/basij controlled agencies, have a name similar to some one on a watch list (hard to know), etc. Other forum members have been in similar situations in the past. I strongly suggest you and your wife order GCMS notes if you haven't done so already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
She.D said:
Hi everyone
hope you all are doing well with your applications, above all congratulation to whom have already got their PR, also the ones who are together now.

mhr jan, basically have not that much clue on your case but I've heard the outside case which are not also landed in Canada got more fast processing time, should be right if you like, ask them by an email.

Is there anybody here who knows about luggage allowance from Tehran to Toronto, I understand it's initially 2X 23 Kilo with all airlines but I've also heard if it's immigration & stuffs like that there's an option which you can get more but not with airline like with free freight or...

Thank you in advance
Unfortunately each airline has its own rules for allowances. I have not heard about getting free freight because of immigration. However, you or your spouse should fill out a B4 form documenting any large/expensive items you are bringing with yourselves or within the next year. You will not have to pay duty on these items. It is useful only if you have many household items that will come with you or later or things like gold, carpet, silver candle holder/mirror, furniture, paintings, etc.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-goods.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/help-aide/topic-sujet/10-eng.html

mhr

Jun 23, 2014
Thanks She.D and SooMazi for your comments.

SooMazi, I'm afraid I dont know what GCMS documents are. I did a short research on it but didn't get it completely. Is it a feedback? Also, how is it relevant to my case?

To me it seems like that because in our case my wife and I are not distant so the urgency is less compared to most of the people here. I know it is hard to be far from your loved one because I used to be in the same situation for about a year. On the bright side, as I mentioned, I think you guys are in a better position from the officers perspective and by better I mean urgent.