+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Melisaa

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 03 2013
AOR Received.
June 26 2013
File Transfer...
July 8 2013
Med's Done....
May 16 2013
Passport Req..
February 21 2014
Turkey2013 said:
Ohhh GOD you are sooo sweet! He is on his way to Ankara, it will take him 9hours to get there! We have talked and found some other proofs and brought them with him (took advices from all of you), drilled him for more than two weeks now, he knows everything everything everything by heart lolllll.

I will be sending him my Love, Confidence, Faith, Hope and lots of support! No matter what the outcome, we will be together soon!

I will keep you guys posted, thanks for your support each and everyone one of YOU!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Good luck. Keep us posted

Melisaa

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 03 2013
AOR Received.
June 26 2013
File Transfer...
July 8 2013
Med's Done....
May 16 2013
Passport Req..
February 21 2014
Hey folks. I'm a little worried about my husband's application. We applied in June and since then eCase says Application Received. I know it might be a little too soon to hear something, but based on every Ankara spreadsheet I check, people's status change to In Process pretty soon after filing the application... Any thought?

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hey Melisaa,
I am around one month and half behind you. Other Visa offices are moving faster than Ankara, I wish Ankara VOs were working faster. May I ask where are the Ankara Spreadsheets you are checking? Can you send me the links for them?
Melisaa said:
Hey folks. I'm a little worried about my husband's application. We applied in June and since then eCase says Application Received. I know it might be a little too soon to hear something, but based on every Ankara spreadsheet I check, people's status change to In Process pretty soon after filing the application... Any thought?

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SubZero_2 said:
Hey Melisaa,
I am around one month and half behind you. Other Visa offices are moving faster than Ankara, I wish Ankara VOs were working faster. May I ask where are the Ankara Spreadsheets you are checking? Can you send me the links for them?
Hi SubZero_2

Here is the link for the spreadsheet of Ankara:
http://goo.gl/WBjGFi

And by the way Melisaa, mine still says Application received since we got approved for sponsporship, and Mrs Asag just recently her status changed to in process. From what I read on this forum, it does not really matter, it depends of the VO ...so don't worry too much!

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Melisaa said:
Turkey2013 is correct. The visa office manually updates the Ecas status. Sometimes, they don't even change it at all.

They have been working on my file since the end of October (they asked for additional documents from us) and my husband had a telephone call from the embassy on November 27. They just updated our Ecas on December 3...

I wouldn't worry at all.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
So Turkey2013 how did interview go? What did they ask? :p

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Abe1004 said:
So Turkey2013 how did interview go? What did they ask? :p
Hello Abe1004,

This forum is so helpful, when you read all the questions they might ask, you realize they are standard, the usual. THE ONLY thing that changes, is the attitude of the VO in the Ankara office...one might think that a women VO would be understanding, open minded and sympathetic but to our surprise she was just a female b"?$%$?%?%. My hubby answered all her damn questions, but the only thing that she could do is look at her stupid computer typing his answers, having no response and just one question after the other like a robot...ohhhh and i forgot the technology of 2013, that during an interview you have your d8%&&?% cellular open and answer it while someone else is talking....Thank you Canada, thank you for hiring idiots with my taxes and judging OUR relationship bc I am OLDER than he is...we are not open minded people, we are just pretending to be, this is the image we portray to the world. Do I really need to go on.

Oh yes, forgot one thing, if we ever get refused for not having a genuine relationship, I will make a promise to the world and especially CANADA, that we will appeal, and once we win, I will shove the PR in the visa's officers face and go back to Turkey, bc this government does NOT deserve my respect, my money and my love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Turkey2013 I am sorry to hear that. I hope it would be all fine for you at the end and you get visa issued soon. Did they keep his passport?

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
distcom said:
Turkey2013 I am sorry to hear that. I hope it would be all fine for you at the end and you get visa issued soon. Did they keep his passport?
It's ok distcom...Actually you remember when everybody was suggesting me to gather real proofs, things we did together with both of our names on, well I remember that all the hotels booked I never submitted with both our names just that I reserved for two adults...so I contacted the hotels, got the proof I needed, added new pics since the wedding (january), added my trip from oct. to nov 2013....I felt confident and drilled hubby about all the possible questions, (red flags and all)....she did NOT take ANY proofs, she did not want the new proofs, she did not even want the originals like asked on the letter when I say NOTHING i mean NOTHING. He came back with the same stuff he went in with. If they kept the passport, I would have said ok that is a sign for visa but she did not want it either.

I am already looking for a lawyer, now just waiting for a decision, she said that they will call him and let him know. I am starting to put adds for renting my house, bc to appeal I have to have an address here in Canada and on monday talk to my boss about giving me a leave of absence.

I know Abe1004 asked me about the questions in the interview, sorry I did not address it, I just went on about the frustration I felt.
There is a thread about interview questions, if you guys ever called for interview, you can rely on these, they are accurate. My husband said it was the same one I practiced with him on....he answered good....she had problems with me being older, I don't even look my age, he even looks older than me, don't even have a wrinkle on my face, I train 4 times a weeks, he does not even train, he smokes I don't.....religion: he does not even follow his religion and neither do I and even gave an example ......I hope you guys never get this women in ankara, since 2010 and even before, she has been there, and until now the attitude has not changed. If it was me being interviewed I would have not been intimidated since I am use to it...anyways I better stop, I can change what happened, I can only move forward, things in our lives happen for a reason, and there must be a damn good one for this!!!!

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Turkey2013, it does not feel good to hear what had happened during the interview. I understand how you feel and how much you are suffering from that. I think you will get good news soon. i was thinking what I would have done if I were in your shoes. Though I know you are suffering I think I would have waited a bit more, like by early january, to see what happens. Anyway, I wish you a very good news in a month.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
distcom said:
Turkey2013, it does not feel good to hear what had happened during the interview. I understand how you feel and how much you are suffering from that. I think you will get good news soon. i was thinking what I would have done if I were in your shoes. Though I know you are suffering I think I would have waited a bit more, like by early january, to see what happens. Anyway, I wish you a very good news in a month.
Thank you distcom! I just have to plan you know, I cannot just wait for their answers...we have to plan our lives in or out of Canada.
Before I can get the approval from work, (I work for the govt) they need time to study the case before they can approve my leave of absence lolllll, and for renting my condo, well it takes time....unfortunetly that is how I am, planning ahead...I will be on this thread for as long as someone needs help or have a question! Hope that for all of you a smooth PPR!!!

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Honestly Turkey, I wouldnt listen to anybody at the moment.

Firstly, I pray, you don't give up. Because I think that:

1. You are reacting way too seriously, based on the dry tone of the officer (actually its her work)

2. Secondly, the fact, that they didnt take his passport doesn't mean anything, they can still request it

My 2 cents. I will keep praying for you as well as everyone else.

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Our ecas status has also been changed to "In Process" since December 6th. I wish everybody a good news soon.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
distcom said:
Our ecas status has also been changed to "In Process" since December 6th. I wish everybody a good news soon.
Awesome! Now you can stop worrying a little bit, right?! :p