+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

And Finally My Landing Experiance and Tips

K

K_S

RB_Ramon said:
Hi All,

Been a while since i was online. I see so many people have now got Visas and the rest seem to be close. Congratulations Friends.

And Now,

- Reached Delhi Airport in the morning as my flight was Finnair and Route was Delhi-Helsinki-Toronto. Was initially lufthansa but I had to postpone and change due to some Sudden commitments.
Bad Choice.

(Finnair is a *censored word* airline. I should have known better as i have flown with them before. )
Had some issues with the flight and I will start another thread separately for the Finnair Bashing.

-Reached Toronto at 8.0 pm Eastern standard time. Long Walk to the immigration Counter.

-Immigration Counters were not crowded and i handed over my goods accompanying forms with Passport and Copr Only. After a few pleasant words and 'Welcome to Canada' The Visa officer sent me to the next immigration counter. This section is right next to the main Border control and easy to find as its only a few short steps away.

-Here within 5 mins of arriving a Visa officer Saw my Passports and Copr Docs and asked for an address where i would want my PR Card delivered.
After 5 mins i was given the photocopy of the copr given by the CHC New delhi with a stamp with date and sign of the officer. No bank statements or anything required. ( Although i still would advise to carry proof of funds even though they rarely ask. And this has also been said by many Senior members as well)

-Walked to baggage claim collected my baggage and gave the goods accompanying receipt to the Officer at the exit gate.

-After just 15 mins of getting off the plane i had collected my Bags and Exited the airport.
No one stopped me or asked me anything. It just felt so easy and uncomplicated.

**********TIP 1*********** Be confident smile and be happy and Excited.I think this kinda worked in my favor. Also I felt the vibe that you really have to be very unlucky if you get asked further questions and asked to show your baggage. Be honest at immigration. People here will believe what you say but won't appreciate you lying/hidding facts.
For instance i was carrying 2 cartons of smokes for someone when i was allowed only one. But i honestly told the first officer and she told me that she will make an exception in my case with a smile. But still there is a limit to what the officer might allow. I just got lucky.

-Was tired so just took a Taxi to my Destination. And i must Say- 65 $ well spent.

Tip- Although if you feel adventurous u can get a Toronto Transit Ticket valid for 3 hrs on Subways, buses and street cars and try to reach your destination. My Advise instead of asking people just go on google maps and figure out your root. It the easiest and the best. Also visit the TTC website. Trust me thts all you need for Toronto. Trust me u might really impress your friends/Family you are supposed to meet there if you just show up at their door without much help.

**********TIP 2************** Cabs from the airports have Rates fixed for every Zone and you dont have to bargain or fear that u might be paying more. Most of the cabs are lincolns and are fairly new. A distance of 25 kms would cost you appx 55-60 $ . Remember tho. U tip the Taxi Driver 10%. ****************

So here I am . A Canadian PR Now. Still Settling in

And some more Tips:

Weather:
-Really warm here right now. Im sleeping with AC on here. 24-25 deg feels really warm here and the sun is strong. Prepare accordingly.

-For mobile
if you plan to come to toronto please consider wind. I am paying 40 dollars and i have unlimited everything. it even works on my BB Bold 9780 with bb services, mail gps , Sicial apps etc and i can connect net for my pc as well. everything is 3g here and even on pc i get speeds of 3-4 mbps. So you can save some money initially and have internet with you allways. Btw Calls to india are .02 $ or Rs 1 per min on my wind plan. Thts really cheap. Just make sure Your handset is a compatible 3g model with the required frequency.

- For Banking
as so many seniors have mentioned in various threads go with Scotia Bank StartRight plan. Best for new ppl.

-Flights
Lastly. Don't save 3-4 thousand and book a flight tht is reliable and comfortable. DO NOT book Finnair. I Repeat DO NOT book it. They are known to cancel flights even if u reach helsinki and can send you back to Delhi.

************TIP******************
For multiple landing flights in Schanigen Countries you need Schaniggen Visa.
And for flights via the US u definately need a us transit visa or any other valid visa.
Don't test you luck here or you are in for a world of hurt.

If there is anything else you want to know feel free to contact. And if there is any tips u can give me, then please do.

You must have heard it before and i will say it agian. Everything you can get in india you will get here.

I dont know many people here in canada and if you are here and want to connect just pm me. It would be great.
congrates and best wishes,,,,,please tell 3G mobile set is necessary and what about frequency.....850 or 900 ?

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
Well explained and congrats for New life!!

Dua'o Mei yaad rakha..I wish u all best of luck in Canada!!

Rabb Rakha (ਰੱਬ ਰਾਖਾ)

babbu

neesha

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 24th Sept
RB_Ramon said:
Hi All,

Been a while since i was online. I see so many people have now got Visas and the rest seem to be close. Congratulations Friends.

And Now,

- Reached Delhi Airport in the morning as my flight was Finnair and Route was Delhi-Helsinki-Toronto. Was initially lufthansa but I had to postpone and change due to some Sudden commitments.
Bad Choice.

(Finnair is a *censored word* airline. I should have known better as i have flown with them before. )
Had some issues with the flight and I will start another thread separately for the Finnair Bashing.

-Reached Toronto at 8.0 pm Eastern standard time. Long Walk to the immigration Counter.

-Immigration Counters were not crowded and i handed over my goods accompanying forms with Passport and Copr Only. After a few pleasant words and 'Welcome to Canada' The Visa officer sent me to the next immigration counter. This section is right next to the main Border control and easy to find as its only a few short steps away.

-Here within 5 mins of arriving a Visa officer Saw my Passports and Copr Docs and asked for an address where i would want my PR Card delivered.
After 5 mins i was given the photocopy of the copr given by the CHC New delhi with a stamp with date and sign of the officer. No bank statements or anything required. ( Although i still would advise to carry proof of funds even though they rarely ask. And this has also been said by many Senior members as well)

-Walked to baggage claim collected my baggage and gave the goods accompanying receipt to the Officer at the exit gate.

-After just 15 mins of getting off the plane i had collected my Bags and Exited the airport.
No one stopped me or asked me anything. It just felt so easy and uncomplicated.

**********TIP 1*********** Be confident smile and be happy and Excited.I think this kinda worked in my favor. Also I felt the vibe that you really have to be very unlucky if you get asked further questions and asked to show your baggage. Be honest at immigration. People here will believe what you say but won't appreciate you lying/hidding facts.
For instance i was carrying 2 cartons of smokes for someone when i was allowed only one. But i honestly told the first officer and she told me that she will make an exception in my case with a smile. But still there is a limit to what the officer might allow. I just got lucky.

-Was tired so just took a Taxi to my Destination. And i must Say- 65 $ well spent.

Tip- Although if you feel adventurous u can get a Toronto Transit Ticket valid for 3 hrs on Subways, buses and street cars and try to reach your destination. My Advise instead of asking people just go on google maps and figure out your root. It the easiest and the best. Also visit the TTC website. Trust me thts all you need for Toronto. Trust me u might really impress your friends/Family you are supposed to meet there if you just show up at their door without much help.

**********TIP 2************** Cabs from the airports have Rates fixed for every Zone and you dont have to bargain or fear that u might be paying more. Most of the cabs are lincolns and are fairly new. A distance of 25 kms would cost you appx 55-60 $ . Remember tho. U tip the Taxi Driver 10%. ****************

So here I am . A Canadian PR Now. Still Settling in

And some more Tips:

Weather:
-Really warm here right now. Im sleeping with AC on here. 24-25 deg feels really warm here and the sun is strong. Prepare accordingly.

-For mobile
if you plan to come to toronto please consider wind. I am paying 40 dollars and i have unlimited everything. it even works on my BB Bold 9780 with bb services, mail gps , Sicial apps etc and i can connect net for my pc as well. everything is 3g here and even on pc i get speeds of 3-4 mbps. So you can save some money initially and have internet with you allways. Btw Calls to india are .02 $ or Rs 1 per min on my wind plan. Thts really cheap. Just make sure Your handset is a compatible 3g model with the required frequency.

- For Banking
as so many seniors have mentioned in various threads go with Scotia Bank StartRight plan. Best for new ppl.

-Flights
Lastly. Don't save 3-4 thousand and book a flight tht is reliable and comfortable. DO NOT book Finnair. I Repeat DO NOT book it. They are known to cancel flights even if u reach helsinki and can send you back to Delhi.

************TIP******************
For multiple landing flights in Schanigen Countries you need Schaniggen Visa.
And for flights via the US u definately need a us transit visa or any other valid visa.
Don't test you luck here or you are in for a world of hurt.

If there is anything else you want to know feel free to contact. And if there is any tips u can give me, then please do.

You must have heard it before and i will say it agian. Everything you can get in india you will get here.

I dont know many people here in canada and if you are here and want to connect just pm me. It would be great.

hey RB_Ramon

such nice post, and congratulation
i read everything and just dreaming
all the best for future

AshB

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2012
IELTS Request
Not done
File Transfer...
Dec 2010.. In Process since March 29 2012
Med's Request
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Request 20th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
4th Oct 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
Very nice post bro. Best wishes for the new life. Cheers mate

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
+1 for you mate. I'll be landing next month and your experience will surely help.

Would love to hear more from you in coming days, plz consider it :)

K_S said:
congrates and best wishes,,,,,please tell 3G mobile set is necessary and what about frequency.....850 or 900 ?
WIND works on AWS band (1700/2100), its not a common frequency and supported by only few phones available in India.

ushapillai

May 23, 2012
thanks for sharing your experience. I am trying to migrate to Canada if you can please help with job in hand. Can you please help

Usha Pillai

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-11 with all documents.
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
24-Jan-12 along with pcc.rprf and pp
Med's Done....
3-Feb-12.....Med received line in Mar-12
Interview........
waived (rprf encashed 3-mar-12)
Passport Req..
pcc, rprf and pp submitted on 9-feb-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
@Marzuk

Hey Marzuk,

When you land the 2nd immigration counter is where they ask you for address where they will deliver your card. On very rare occasions they might ask you for a photograph for PR Card but usually they don't.
The PR Card is posted to that address and so you should make sure that the address is reliable for you to collect your Card.

Time- About 2 months.
Cost- Free for the first time as part of your Immigration landing. Basically the RPRF Fee you pay before visa covers this.
Remeber that once you are given the copr photocopy after you land, you already are a PR. The Card just makes it an additional and final peice of ID conforming that.

Cheers Buddy.

@Spartan300, Newcomer, Jaggy999, Amir82, lhr_montreal, Neesha, AshB, Jain Anshal

Thanks u all, Will keep you posted.

@coolguyVanky
I'm with friends for a while. Then ill look for accomodation for me in a week. Yes Canada is Expensive especially toronto. But you can get basement acomodations with heat and hydro for about 500$ a month. So keep lookin. Lot of info on tht is here.

@KS
I think its 1700 and 1900. Go to gsmarena.com and see your mobile specs.

@Babu.Mann

Veere Thnaks,Rab da hi kam haiga saara.

mavrick09in

Sep 23, 2011
hey RB_Ramon nice to read ur landing exp n tips. I will be landing in toronto in 1or 2 week of july.initially will be staying with my friend in brampton n once get a job decide whr to shift. just wnt to know i hv BB 8250 which doesn't support 3g hope that wont hv any prob. would appreciate if we can be in touch n can meet once i land. my mail id is mavrick09in@yahoo.com
gud luck n cheers

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-11 with all documents.
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
24-Jan-12 along with pcc.rprf and pp
Med's Done....
3-Feb-12.....Med received line in Mar-12
Interview........
waived (rprf encashed 3-mar-12)
Passport Req..
pcc, rprf and pp submitted on 9-feb-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hey Maveric,

Yor most wellcome to get i touch bro. Ill pm u my email id and no.

Well your phone might not work. But check on windmobile.ca and send them a enquiry or smthing.

If not there are other carriers here as well that might be good.

Also i have yet to visit Brampton. Im more of a downtown person :)

;)

Cheers buddy,
Ramon.

goodhope

Jul 12, 2011
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
RB_Ramon said:
Hey Maveric,

Yor most wellcome to get i touch bro. Ill pm u my email id and no.

Well your phone might not work. But check on windmobile.ca and send them a enquiry or smthing.

If not there are other carriers here as well that might be good.

Also i have yet to visit Brampton. Im more of a downtown person :)

;)

Congratulation :D

Nice informative posts

Love your signature line :D

Cheers buddy,
Ramon.