+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anaylsis behind getting faster AOR in recent days..

D

Daniel_Daniel

Friends, I need an expert advise. I will be eligible to apply for PR on Dec 1 under CEC but planning to get married in Mar'12. So looking at the time lines, if I file for PR in Dec'11, I might get my medicals before I go to India in April'12. Couple of question here:

1.What would happen if the medicals is delayed and it comes to me via email when I am in India?
2.Would my spouse face any difficulty in getting her visitor visa if my PR application is in process?

Please advise.

torontouser

Sep 27, 2011
Daniel_Daniel said:
Friends, I need an expert advise. I will be eligible to apply for PR on Dec 1 under CEC but planning to get married in Mar'12. So looking at the time lines, if I file for PR in Dec'11, I might get my medicals before I go to India in April'12. Couple of question here:

1.What would happen if the medicals is delayed and it comes to me via email when I am in India?
2.Would my spouse face any difficulty in getting her visitor visa if my PR application is in process?

Please advise.
Not sure about question #1 but for #2, I would recommend not to try even to bring your spouse here on Visitor visa basis. I am saying this from a close friend's experience. Your spouse will face a denial on account of a visitor visa application most likely. But even if she get one, she will be gruelled by the CBFA authorities at the port of entry in Canada. The later happened with my friend's spouse. She came all the way to Toronto with her husband and CBFA dint bite her visit and sent her back to India on the next flight.....

D

Daniel_Daniel

hi Torontouser, do you mean I should not apply for my PR before my wedding and should both of us file PR application together after wedding and after she comes to Canada on her visitor visa?

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
if wedding so nearer then it is wise to waite and apply................!!!

but you can apply now and later you can inform them about wedding........!!!

if you follow the trend you might get your status before wedding.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

A

archerkoller

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what is the wait time after sending the medical? My medical was sent from the doctors office on August 26th, 2011. The e-cas still stays "We have begun processing your application on August 3" . Not sure what the time line is. If someone can let me know that will be great.

Thanks.

P.S.: Does anyone has any experience in application process where partners had to separate after filing the application? If yes, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

D

Daniel_Daniel

jsa said:
if wedding so nearer then it is wise to waite and apply................!!!

but you can apply now and later you can inform them about wedding........!!!

if you follow the trend you might get your status before wedding.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck
Hi Jas, I am just worried if there will be any changes to the CEC rules if I wait till then, what is your opinion?

torontouser

Sep 27, 2011
Daniel_Daniel said:
hi Torontouser, do you mean I should not apply for my PR before my wedding and should both of us file PR application together after wedding and after she comes to Canada on her visitor visa?
No. I would advise to file the PR application immidiately if you are eligible. Being in the queue and waiting is better than waiting for wedding and repenting over the missed opportunity of not applying should the rules change by the time of your wedding. Whenever you get married, you can inform CIC about your new status and they will at the most ask for more documentation regarding your wedding and spouse application. But you will still be having same rules applicable to you at that time.
My suggestion in my previous post to you was against the visitor visa for your spouse. Consider the situation: you apply now and lets say before your marriage you have the PR. then you will have to file a spousal PR case for your wife afresh. In that situation dont go for visitor visa. Rather wait for the completion of your spouse PR application and then call her here with proper status. Visitor visa application would land you in disappointment state.