Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Just want to make sure:

The minimum amount of money needed to be in the bank for 4 months before launching the visa is:

1) 1st year tuition + 1st year living/food + 2 way airfare OR

2) Full tuition + 1st year living/food + 2way airfare OR

3) something else?

In my case, I put "Full tuition + 1st year living/food + 2way airfare" 4 months back in our bank but gradually putting next year's money (the full amount for 2 years course) in the last few months. Will it bring any problem?

Just wanna double check with the experts :)
Please advice.

Regards

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
First option. First year tuition fees+first year living expenses+two way airfare. If you want to show extra money that's not a problem either. This money should be held in your account from the last 4 months. It is simple process.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

You have the macs approval! Just make sure you keep a paper trail of where the money came from in case the vo gets nasty!

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks for your best wishes. Do you guys understand the meaning if one says money should be held in your account for the last 4 months. Let's suppose, for September session 2011, if you file your case in may. So you will show bank statements from Jan/feb/march/April .

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mac: Thanks man, really appreciate it.

@Nazia: Yes, I will launch my visa on May 1st week, and planning to get statements from Jan to end of April(or like few days of May).

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi snake

Just to be on the safe side , a 6 month bank statemment showing funds maintained in your account for 4 months will be better, it will show greater transactions .

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bhai,

The thing is, the money is there for 6 months, lol, you know, businessman dad does not want to keep money in the bank idle. So if I take the statement for 6 months, it might have less money than needed. We started putting the money gradually, like few lakhs at a time, so in October it was less than NEEDED, in January, its equal to NEEDED, by end of April, the full amount will be there (total cost of studying in Canada).

So if I plan to launch visa application in 1st week of May, should I take statement from January(4 months) or October (6 months)?

Thanks again for your concern.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI

go for the October to April ( 6 month bank statement) , it will show real time transactions , it does not matter if your required sum was not there in the bank before 4 months or u gradually collected the funds, just make sure that there are no bank to bank deposits ( wires), this would be an example of a genuine bank statement

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everybody in this thread.
InshAllah if we all get visa we can meet sometime in end of this year in Canada :)

Thanks again.

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
@Mac

Your comment! "Just make sure you keep a paper trail of where the money came from in case the vo gets nasty!" why in case? isn't it mandatory to provide these documents to VO?