+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Dear Elham, I think you already know that my husband is from Iraq. For us is also been 17 months. Still no news. I even emailed the immigration in Bucharest and they didn't reply. My friend is also sponsoring from Iraq and it has been 19 months for her now. No news. I have no idea what is going on anymore.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
Dear Elham, I think you already know that my husband is from Iraq. For us is also been 17 months. Still no news. I even emailed the immigration in Bucharest and they didn't reply. My friend is also sponsoring from Iraq and it has been 19 months for her now. No news. I have no idea what is going on anymore.
Today I called my mp's office and aske about my husband's application. They said the security check is not started yet. Same thing I was told 2.5 months ago. So in the last 2.5 months nothing has been done. When I asked how long it is gonna take, they said they will finish the process by the end of December 2017. How can they even tell you that? This is so unfair to us. The same visa office is finishing Romanian and Bulgarian applications in less than 6 months.people who applied in October or November 2016 have received their pprs.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
When did they ask you to renew your medical tests and police clearance? How long has it been for you since your second medicals?

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
They asked for it back in November 14, 2016. They asked for the renewal of my husband's police certificate, medical and to pay the PR which I did. No news till now.

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
I hope everyone hears good news soon!!!

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Honestly no one knows how this whole thing works. Let's all just give it a maximum of 22 months and leave the rest to God. If we continue to think about it, it will drive us crazy.

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
Mini2016 said:
Honestly no one knows how this whole thing works. Let's all just give it a maximum of 22 months and leave the rest to God. If we continue to think about it, it will drive us crazy.
exactly- nobody knows!

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mini2016 said:
Have you considered that maybe they lost your application?

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
My application is not lost. I just paid the PR back in november 14, 2016 and submitted the police certificate as well as the medical renewal then. After that, my MP sent the immigration an email to make sure they got my papers. They told us they did receive it. They are apparently working on the last step which is the security check. My MP emailed the immigration on December 19, 2017 to confirm that they got my papers and they said they did. Until now, I did not receive any news. It will be 17 months for me on January 31, 2017. The maximum wait time now for Iraq is 22 months. I guess I still have a maximum of 5 more momths to go. I gave myself a maximum of 22 months. We are all in the same boat here but what really hurts me is that I know some people who got here in less than 11 months fromthe same city as my husband. My friends husband took 11 months. How is that fair to us. It drives me crazyyyyy.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
My application is not lost. I just paid the PR back in november 14, 2016 and submitted the police certificate as well as the medical renewal then. After that, my MP sent the immigration an email to make sure they got my papers. They told us they did receive it. They are apparently working on the last step which is the security check. My MP emailed the immigration on December 19, 2017 to confirm that they got my papers and they said they did. Until now, I did not receive any news. It will be 17 months for me on January 31, 2017. The maximum wait time now for Iraq is 22 months. I guess I still have a maximum of 5 more momths to go. I gave myself a maximum of 22 months. We are all in the same boat here but what really hurts me is that I know some people who got here in less than 11 months fromthe same city as my husband. My friends husband took 11 months. How is that fair to us. It drives me crazyyyyy.
I totally understand you and feel the same way when I see people getting ppr from the same visa office in just 3-6 months. We have also been waiting 17 days and 9 days today and my husband's medical test results and new police clearance were received by them on September 6 2016 but nothing yet. They say everything is complete and there's nothing missing but 2.5 months ago they said everything is done and only security check is left. But they haven't started the security check in the last 2.5 months and I don't know why. When I ask the mp's office they say we have no idea. I asked who can help me and they said nobody can help.This is absolute injustice

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Hi everyone! I need help please. I emailed the immigration at the Bucharest office last week to see what happend to my application. They replied today saying that my application is at the last stage " Security Check" which can take up to 12 months to be completed. I am already into 18 months of waiting and it has been almost 3 months I paid for my husband's PR. Does the security check take upto 12 months?????? Taking into accout that my husband lived in 2 different countries but he has a clean record.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
Hi everyone! I need help please. I emailed the immigration at the Bucharest office last week to see what happend to my application. They replied today saying that my application is at the last stage " Security Check" which can take up to 12 months to be completed. I am already into 18 months of waiting and it has been almost 3 months I paid for my husband's PR. Does the security check take upto 12 months?????? Taking into accout that my husband lived in 2 different countries but he has a clean record.
I'm in the same situation. It's almost 18 months. The processing times says 22 months and I have no idea how long this could take. They just started the last stage which is the security check. What's the status of your background check. Is it in process? Ours changed to in process a few days ago. It shouldn't be more than 22 months. What are processing times for then???

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
My status has been "In Process" for the past 8-9 months. I contacted the MP and they said the security verification never takes 12 months. The email I received from the immigration says that my application is in progress and awaiting for extrnal agencies to complete the security check. I have no idea if this means that they have already started the security check process or not? I hope it will not take morethan 22 months.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
My status has been "In Process" for the past 8-9 months. I contacted the MP and they said the security verification never takes 12 months. The email I received from the immigration says that my application is in progress and awaiting for extrnal agencies to complete the security check. I have no idea if this means that they have already started the security check process or not? I hope it will not take morethan 22 months.
Do you have a cic account? It tells you what they've done so far. For us everything is passed and security check just changed to in process. They had finished processing my husband's application about 3 months ago and only security check was left. When I called my mp about 2 weeks ago they said they haven't started the security check. A few days ago it changed to in process. So now they're working on it but I have no idea when they finish that. We're just waiting. It shouldn't take more than 22 months. 4 more months left