Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-05-2014
anndi1026 said:
iam_toby said:
The offcier at the border can't correct the mistakes. Complete the landing and point it out to the officer during the landing.
And when you're done you can have the information corrected.
Please refer to this post:

Hi Toby,

I have the same mistake regarding my original date of entry during my landing on Saturday. I was looking at the guide to amend this information. And I notice that they request following info on the document checklist.

" 3. Photocopy of one (1) piece of government issued or internationally recognized identification from outside Canada before your entry to Canada indicating that an error was made in recording your information. This could include:

your marriage certificate, if applicable,
your school records, identity cards, or other government-issued documents from outside Canada prior to your entry to Canada,
your birth certificate."

Do you know if it is mandatory to submit this if I just want to change the original date of entry? And do I need to provide any documents to support the correct date? In addition, when filling out the form, under 'Part B - Information to be amended', do I need to fill out every single information (eg. name, birth date, etc.)? Or just the original date of entry box is fine?

Thank you very much for your help!
The same docs is mandatory if theer is any problem with name, marital status etc else what ever docs you have you can send

in Part B only fill where ever amendment require

Note- I have sent amendment request since 1 month no communication received from CIC

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
CEC2283 said:
The same docs is mandatory if theer is any problem with name, marital status etc else what ever docs you have you can send

in Part B only fill where ever amendment require

Note- I have sent amendment request since 1 month no communication received from CIC
Same here. I sent my application on May 10th, no communication so far.

T.

nirsw

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
I suppose processing new/amended COPR takes time...i missed attaching photocopy of one of the required documents and i got back the package back within 20 days asking me to submit with the required photocopy attached.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nirsw said:
I suppose processing new/amended COPR takes time...i missed attaching photocopy of one of the required documents and i got back the package back within 20 days asking me to submit with the required photocopy attached.
The posted processing time is 6 months: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/other.asp

canvan14

May 8, 2014
nirsw said:
So they do check the completeness of the application within a month or so, which is good. I sent mine maybe a bit more than a month and no communication so far. I guess my application went through the initial check and entered the queue. I'm in no rush so they can take however long they want :)