+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amendment of COPR

munta_131

Nov 12, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I recently received COPR and just completed landing last week. After landing, I came to realize I have some errors in my COPR.

My country of birth, original date of entry and last entry dates are incorrect.

I have reached out to IRCC and they asked me to submit an 'Amendment application' which takes about 6 months to process. When going through the form, they asked to submit birth certificate, marriage certificate etc. which I can use for proving my country of birth. However, they did not mention anywhere to submit 'passport stamps' so I am not sure how I can prove them that my entry dates are incorrect.

"Photocopy of one (1) piece of government issued or internationally recognized identification from outside Canada before your entry to Canada indicating that an error was made in recording your information. This could include:
  • your marriage certificate, if applicable,
  • your school records, identity cards, or other government-issued documents from outside Canada prior to your entry to Canada,
  • your birth certificate."

Has anyone submitted an Amendment application and had their dates corrected? If yes, can you let me know what documents you attached related to this?

Any feedback will be much appreciated!