+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I supposed to get a response from IRCC after updating my address and phone# using the web-form?

luzd0405

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I started my EE application in the US and got AOR on 23rd December, 2018. Then I moved back to my home country (China) prior to expiration of my US visa in March 2019. I submitted the day after my arrival in China a web-form following the link in AOR letter to update my address and phone number (I filled in all the required fields and my application # but left the UCI field blank), an automated email from IRCC was received to confirm the submission of web-form. I have since received no further message or email from IRCC, and upon checking my profile, under “immigration history and citizenship” in application details, US is still listed as my country of residence.

Is this scenario normal, or am I supposed to receive some kind confirmation from IRCC and/or see changes in my profile?

Thank you!

Sherine K

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
You should have received the following response via email:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding the address change and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

luzd0405

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
You should have received the following response via email:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding the address change and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
I guess that means the IRCC failed to receive and update my info, I probably should re-submit a web-form.

Ok, so I was going to submit a new form, and noticed that in the list of types of application/enquiry, there's "change of contact information" and "permanent residence", IIRC, last time I filled the form I chose "permanent residence" instead of "change of contact info", so maybe that was where I messed up?

Last edited: