+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I right???? Qorax plzzz help

canada1111

Sep 30, 2010
In my pervious post, I already got advise from you about sponsoring my son ( wife died while giving birth to son ).
Now, I have filled the forms and things are ready to send to CPC - Mississaga.
Just want to make sure that I have filled the right forms.
1 - IMM 1344EA
2- IMM 1344EB
3- IMM 5406E
4- IMM 5481E
5- IMM 5491E
As no wife so I have not filled any form for spouse.
I have kept things ready from last week to send to CPC but I dont know why I think that I am missing some thing.
Please let me know so that I can come out from the well of this tension.
Thanks in advance.
Regards

L

limanoid

I think these are the only ones missing(see bottom)... But check this out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#sponsor
Scroll down and find the country or region that corresponds, click on the link and you will find a specific guide to the country of origin of your child. There may be more forms required.

Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540]
Application for Permanent Residence [IMM 0008 GENERIC]

canada1111

Sep 30, 2010
Thanks for your response.
As far as sponsorship questionair is concerned, I did not fill it becoz it is mainly for husband and wife.
I was confused about the Imm008 Generic form. My son is just 5 months OLD and I thought that the form does not look like suitable for him.
I can be wrong and just to finish this confusion, I am here to get help and sort it out.

L

limanoid

It's IMM 0008 Schedule 1 that they specify is only for sponsored persons over 18 -- IMM0008 generic does not mention age of the sponsored applicant.

So even though IMM0008 generic does have questions that seem a tad quirky for a 5 month old child (ie. questions about marriage, schooling, languages they speak), I'm pretty sure it needs to be filled out. The fact that it takes 5 minutes to fill out is a plus -- imagine the delay you'll get if you DON'T fill out the application!

canada1111

Sep 30, 2010
Thanks Dear
I will fill this one as well. Yes, it takes hardly 5 min and there is no harm if it is extra.
Can you please let me know that I have to send all the prove as well to CPC mississga or only the forms and then CPC will advise me what to do next.
Regards.

L

limanoid

No problem!

Yes, you will definitely have to send ALL the proofs required (birth certificate, wife's death certificate, translations, etc). You send Mississauga the full application -- all the forms and proofs. They then forward it to visa office in charge of the application.

I would check out the region/country specific guide for what embassy will deal with your application BEFORE you send everything off.. They also sometimes require specific forms or have specific demands (ie. number of photos, what proof you must submit, etc). In the PDF file that corresponds to your office, you will see a checklist of all the required documents needed. I think I mentioned it in another post above, but again, here it is:

Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#region

canada1111 said:
Thanks Dear
I will fill this one as well. Yes, it takes hardly 5 min and there is no harm if it is extra.
Can you please let me know that I have to send all the prove as well to CPC mississga or only the forms and then CPC will advise me what to do next.
Regards.

canada1111

Sep 30, 2010
Thanks vvvvvvvvvvvvvv much.
Yes, I studied that area specific forms and fill out those which are required.
Please correct me if I am wrong in the following statments.
1- Usually, we do medical when VO asks us to do it. but in sponsorship, we have to do medical before submitting the forms to CPC.
2- I can send the notrized copies rather then sending orignal.
3- CPC - Mississga will advise me to submit again documents to our local visa office? ( From your post, I am getting impression that CPC will direct my application itself)

Once again, thanks alot.
Regards.

L

limanoid

1) You should do the medical (for your son) prior to sending in the application to Mississauga. Once all the tests are done and the results sent away, the doctor give you a receipt that you submit with the application.

2) That depends on the visa office, I believe... Maybe post this question as a separate topic to get a better reply on that.

3) Nope, CPC Mississauga will not have you submit the documents to the local visa office. They send it themselves. After you've submitted your application to Mississauga, they send you a letter approving your sponsorship. They write in the letter various details and also mention that they are forwarding it to your local visa office.

Hope this is helpful. I probably can't help you anymore as I am going away for a few days... Hopefully others can help you out more. Goodluck! :)