+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

am i qulifay for Visit visa ?

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
Hi,
I am 21 years old Egyptian, Student in a University, i want to apply for a visting visa, i have a friend there, he will send to me an invitation letter to visa him as i am a family friend, Canadia visa office here asks if i am student should get a bank statment in name of my father or mother, the porblem is my parents don't put much money in bank, they put it in investment companies and i can't get a paper to prove that..

whats my chance to get TRV?

I am student in a University , 21 years old, my father's job is professor in university , own a Medical lab. and my mother's job is accounts audit. My mother have just little money in bank (about 5,000 canadian dollars)
plus the invitation letter from my friend
whats my chance to get TRV?

thx

hypnotic8

Dec 29, 2007
First of all, 5000$ is more than enough for a short visit in Canada.
You will need an invitation letter from your friend. The fact that you are a student in Egypt should be a plus for you because that proves that you will return to your country at the end of your stay.
And just a suggestion, you should say that you intend to stay only for a week or two.

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
5,000 canadian dollars is good ? .. i thought not much and they will reject me.
and 1 week or 2 is too short , i wanna stay at least 3 months..

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
so is bank statment with 5,000$ in my mother name or mine good enough to get my application accepted ?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
There's only one way to find out if you're qualified - and that is to apply.

If you're coming to Canada for "at least 3 months," $5,000 probably isn't enough. The tickets will take a big portion of that.

I'm not saying they'll deny you for having too little money. I'm saying you should plan to spend more than that.

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
thx.. but guys u didn't get what i am saying, i don't wonder if 5000$ is enough for the trip or not, i am askin if i show to the embassador that i have only 5000$ canadians in my bank, will they accept my application or that doesn't matter ? and see my situation in my previous post

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If $5,000 isn't enough money for your visit, why do you think it will be enough to convince the visa officer to approve your application?

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
ok how much money should i have in the bank statment to convince the visa officer to approve my application? i intend to stay for 3 months.
what if my friend say in the invitation letter that he will support ?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
I don't know a specific amount. I think the problem is going to be proving that you have sufficient ties that will cause you to return to your country. If you can afford to leave for 3 months, it's going to be difficult to prove you have a reason to go home.

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
thx alot
another question about the invitation letter, should invitation letter signed by my friend or just type it on a Computer and print it and send it to mewith his copy of birth certifcate or what ?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Here's the link for letters of invitation.

I suggest your friend have it notarized before sending it to you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
To have a document notarized, you take it to a "notary public." That person is trained and licensed to verify that the document is authentic.

In the case of an invitation letter, the notary public would verify the identity (maybe driver's license, passport, etc.) of the person issuing the letter. They would then put a special seal on the document.