+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I gonna get PR?

hamzamirza90

Jan 7, 2014
The story is, I am international student. I have been here from more than 2 years. My visa is gonna expired by dec 2014. I fell in love with a girl here but she is already married. She married the guy in Pakistan and brought him here but their marriage didn't work out. Their marrage last for 3 months. However they started to live separately from October 2013 and she will get her divorce in October 2014. Now my question is if I marry this girl, am I gonna get PR? Unfortunately I have some financial issues from which I might not be albe to complete my education with tge given period of time. Is there any other way which will get me PR? I will really appreciate your help.

M

mikeymyke

When u marry her u wont get PR until CIC approves your application and determines you have a genuine relationship. Seeing as how her current marriage is failing so quick after her husband landed, and now she is sponsoring another guy from the same country, plus you are plan to marry her so soon, not to mention u plan to marry before your visa expires, you will face many problems. This is why Islamabad has such long processing times because there are too many people trying to flee Pakistan to Canada whether as refugees or otherwise.

If you want to come Canada, the best way would be to take a skilled trade or occupation and come here as a skilled worker

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
Getting married (the legal certificate) is the easiest part of it.
You have to ask yourself the following questions:
-is this girl I will marry from the same country as me, has the same traditions, same religion? If no, on either count, this is a red flag to CIC.

-you have to consider your age, if you are far apart in your age this is a red flag to CIC.

- was there a traditional wedding with his/her family present? If no, this is a red flag to CIC.

Also if you do not complete your studies, this could be a red flag to CIC, as they may see your initial coming here to make a plan to meet someone here to sponsor you.

CIC will evaluate the probabilities if the marriage between you and her is genuine. If they have doubts, they will reject the sponsorship application, if they are satisfied the marriage is genuine and that you did not marry this person to gain PR status your application will be successful.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamzamirza90 said:
well i am not from the same country, I am from India. And I am already in canada
Just so you know...the processing time for an inland application is 22 months ( almost 2 years) it will not solve your problem.
The first step takes about 11 months and if passed will give you an open work permit until you get your PR. Also you cannot leave canada until you complete the process.

CIC will have major issues approving your spouse as sponsor (first step of application) since she already sponsored someone and it din work out. Besides your spouse's divorce and other obligations will take a few months ...so i dont see this as an option..but you are welcome to try.

Besides I see this more as marriage of convenience ...(just my opinion no offense)...because as per CIC officer you will be marrying some one right after spouses divorce...also u mentioned about your financial problems. It will look like you are marrying only to somehow stay in canada.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
hamzamirza90 said:
What if my wife is pregnant? And she is carrying my baby? Still I won't get PR?
Just because she is pregnant does not mean you will get PR. Read cases of appeal on this forum, many have been refused PR even when they have kids together.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.2220.html

CIC has to determine based on all probabilities that your marriage is real and not entered for the purpose of immigration. Therefore you need to convince CIC by provinding them with proof.