+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am i eligible for double masters

vinodk7000

Jun 5, 2019
Hi,
I have completed MBA in the stream of finance in 2018 with 66%
Completed graduation B.COM with 75%
IELTS score-7

I wanted to pursue MSc in finance or masters in accounting, but consultancies are in opinion that visa approval will be difficult with double masters and they are suggesting me to go for PGDM programme, so if i go for double masters what are the chances for visa approval and how good are PGDM programme in real time job market if i opt of PGDM.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi,
I have completed MBA in the stream of finance in 2018 with 66%
Completed graduation B.COM with 75%
IELTS score-7

I wanted to pursue MSc in finance or masters in accounting, but consultancies are in opinion that visa approval will be difficult with double masters and they are suggesting me to go for PGDM programme, so if i go for double masters what are the chances for visa approval and how good are PGDM programme in real time job market if i opt of PGDM.
In my opinion PGDM would be a further step down from masters. I would think that getting a PGDM after doing MBA will be more difficult than a Msc in finance or masters in accounts. If you have a valid reason for doing the second masters and you are able to get the offer letter, then there shouldn't be any issue.

Do note that consultants receive compensation from colleges and universities. They aren't someone you should be looking to for an unbiased opinion, they will be biased to whoever gives them the most money per student.

Reactions: dreamy2536

vinodk7000

Jun 5, 2019
In my opinion PGDM would be a further step down from masters. I would think that getting a PGDM after doing MBA will be more difficult than a Msc in finance or masters in accounts. If you have a valid reason for doing the second masters and you are able to get the offer letter, then there shouldn't be any issue.

Do note that consultants receive compensation from colleges and universities. They aren't someone you should be looking to for an unbiased opinion, they will be biased to whoever gives them the most money per student.
They are assuring that i will receive offer letter from university but during the time of visa approval it will be difficult to get visa, so i am in complete dillema because after doing everything if visa gets rejected i will be in trouble for big time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They are assuring that i will receive offer letter from university but during the time of visa approval it will be difficult to get visa, so i am in complete dillema because after doing everything if visa gets rejected i will be in trouble for big time
In order to get your student permit approved your choice of degree must show progression and lead to career advancement. Your choice of programs doesn’t make a ton of sense. You will have explain why you need to do this MSc after just completing an MBA.

Reactions: gupt07ash

vinodk7000

Jun 5, 2019
In order to get your student permit approved your choice of degree must show progression and lead to career advancement. Your choice of programs doesn’t make a ton of sense. You will have explain why you need to do this MSc after just completing an MBA.
I am looking out for an exposure which i feel which is missing in my MBA because we hardly have 4 subjects which concentrates on finance, this is the core reason why i wanted to pursue MSc

May 21, 2020
any update? what did you do finally?