+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible? Do I have a chance?

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I really need your help and advice.

I'd lived in Canada for 8 years and switched from study permit to work permit. As of 2015, I lived on a work permit and had a steady full time employment for 1.5 years with a NOC listed occupation, level B if memory serves me right. It was time for me to apply for PR but the Express Entry was intoduced and I, as many others, didn't score enough. I got around 400 points and the lower limit was much higher. In the summer of 2015 my work permit expired and I moved out of the country. My profile was still active untill fall 2016 but I never got an ITA due to the lack of points. Then, my language test expired and my profile went inactive, I guess. I'm no longer an applicant.

The question is, have there been any changes to this system now? I don't speak french, have no family in Canada. My Canadian experince is a bachelor degree, 1 year or part time employment and 1.5 year of full time employment and that's it. Do I have any chance to get an ITA? I've noticed they no longer publish the score required to get ITA. I have to decide if I should have a langugage test and re-apply through the Express Entry. Or should I just keep my money and save time and forget about it? In other words, do I have any chance to get an ITA?

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I really need your help and advice.

I'd lived in Canada for 8 years and switched from study permit to work permit. As of 2015, I lived on a work permit and had a steady full time employment for 1.5 years with a NOC listed occupation, level B if memory serves me right. It was time for me to apply for PR but the Express Entry was intoduced and I, as many others, didn't score enough. I got around 400 points and the lower limit was much higher. In the summer of 2015 my work permit expired and moved out of the country. My profile was still active untill fall 2016 but I never got an ITA due to the lack of points. Then, my language test expired and my profile went incactive, I guess. I'm no longer an applicant.

The question is, have there been any changes to this system now? I don't speak french, have no family in Canada. My Canadian experince is a bachelor degree, 1 year or part time employment and 1.5 year of full time employment and that's it. Do I have any chance to get an ITA? I've noticed they no longer publish the score required to get ITA. I have to decide if I should have a langugage test and re-apply through the Express Entry. Or should I just keep my money and save time and forget about it? In other words, do I have any chance to get an ITA?

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback.
If you studied in Canada then you'd receive extra points for your studies. If you did your bachelors here then 30 extra points.

Calculate your score: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp if you're above 440 then you're likely to receive an ITA.

Reactions: A.B.123

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
There have been no changes to the scoring system, so unless you improve something (say English scores), your CRS score will remain the same. With 400 you don't stand a chance.

Reactions: A.B.123

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There have been no changes to the scoring system, so unless you improve something (say English scores), your CRS score will remain the same. With 400 you don't stand a chance.
My English score was pretty good back then, I doubt it has improved since I haven't had much practice. I only added a non-Canadian work experince and that's it. But also became older, so less points for age. Yeah, I probably don't stand chance then.