+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I criminally inadmissible?

Sep 17, 2021
Am I criminally inadmissible? Please help!

I am from the middle east and unfortunately unlike Canada the laws are extremely strict and I have a criminal record for Drug use/abuse. When they caught me they did not get any drugs on me or in other words there was no possession of drugs. They finally took a urine test to confirm that I did drugs.

Considering the fact that there was no possession of drugs, Does this still make me criminally inadmissible?

From what I know, according to the Canadian law drug possession is illegal but it is nowhere written that use of drugs is illegal.

Kindly help me understand this.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Am I criminally inadmissible? Please help!

I am from the middle east and unfortunately unlike Canada the laws are extremely strict and I have a criminal record for Drug use/abuse. When they caught me they did not get any drugs on me or in other words there was no possession of drugs. They finally took a urine test to confirm that I did drugs.

Considering the fact that there was no possession of drugs, Does this still make me criminally inadmissible?

From what I know, according to the Canadian law drug possession is illegal but it is nowhere written that use of drugs is illegal.

Kindly help me understand this.
Try getting a PCC for some other country and see whats written on that. If there are no adverese remarks on the PCC, then you will be good to go.

Reactions: izharmohammed123
Sep 17, 2021
Try getting a PCC for some other country and see whats written on that. If there are no adverese remarks on the PCC, then you will be good to go.
Hi,
Thank you for your response.

I am sure that this criminal record would be mentioned in the PCC issued from the country (United Arab Emirates) I had a case in.

I have been living in the United Arab Emirates past 30 years and I believe I would definetly need to submit the PCC issued from this country.

Not sure what you exactly meant by get a PCC from another country. Why would my criminal record in UAE show up in another country? Please elaborate.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Hi,
Thank you for your response.

I am sure that this criminal record would be mentioned in the PCC issued from the country (United Arab Emirates) I had a case in.

I have been living in the United Arab Emirates past 30 years and I believe I would definetly need to submit the PCC issued from this country.

Not sure what you exactly meant by get a PCC from another country. Why would my criminal record in UAE show up in another country? Please elaborate.
I was talking about getting a test/trial PCC for some other country say England or Australia from UAE itself. This will tell you whether criminal record is mentioned on PCC or not. You can also test by applying for Canada PCC directly. Actually, I was in a similar situation. I didnt want to see adverse report on Canada PCC straight away. So, to test my luck, I first applied for UK PCC and luckily, there was no adverse remarks. Thereafter, I got PCC for Canada.

Reactions: izharmohammed123
Sep 17, 2021
I was talking about getting a test/trial PCC for some other country say England or Australia from UAE itself. This will tell you whether criminal record is mentioned on PCC or not. You can also test by applying for Canada PCC directly. Actually, I was in a similar situation. I didnt want to see adverse report on Canada PCC straight away. So, to test my luck, I first applied for UK PCC and luckily, there was no adverse remarks. Thereafter, I got PCC for Canada.

Hi,
Hope you are well. Thanks for your reply.

I am sure that my record wont show up on Canadian PCC. But will show up in United Arab Emirates (UAE) PCC.

I am trying to apply for Express entry outside Canada and one of the requirement is to provide PCC for every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row.

So when I submit the PCC that I get from UAE then this criminal record would be mentioned.