Jul 13, 2011
Dallas TX
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/5/2014
i bet all FSW1 applicants are exploring this option including myself...
i think they will doing something to stop the overwhelming applications

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
anupamabk said:
ok.. wht else are the criteria for Quebec..
Hi pls chk outthis website for the criteria http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html
Hope it helps!

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
I would like to know if a person who's having a working visa in canada can apply for a permanent visa? Thanks!!

abbyranger99

Oct 31, 2011
theatan said:
I'm starting this thread to share ideas what's gonna happen next and what are the alternative ways to get in Canada after they have paused the application for FSW category. Pls share your thoughts. Thanks! ??? ;D :mad: :p

I myself was disappointed of this announcement. I have set everything and ready to submit.. But on the other hand, I just hope Mr. Kenney has a better ideas in the next immigration process. Just He should have announced it earlier like 3 months, or even 1 month earlier from JUNE 28!! So that as early as those times people would have started backing up and pulling out their files and stop completing their docs for FSW category..
I agree with you theatan......they should have posted this announcement earlier at least 3 weeks before July 1. Most of the applicants took their IELTS if not once or twice (or even third times) to get the the Listening at least 7.5 and the rest 7 or above, so we are spending more than twenty thousands in Peso to prepare for the July 1 application. Now they are just dropping us without even considering all our efforts. By the time January 2013 arrives most of the IELTS result will expire and another tiring retake of test will happen another ten thousand or more to spend just to pay the IELTS.

I think the business of IELTS is good in collaboration with the immigration business of those countries requiring the test. too bad for people striving to go to rich countries (in order to find greener pasture).....they are making a good business out of us. :( :( :(

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
IELTS are valid for 2 years. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

abbyranger99

Oct 31, 2011
Yes IELTS is valid for 2 years. but what about if you took the test on 2011 between feb. to April 2011, by january 2013 before your application package arrives in CIC it has already expired. What a pity

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Yes, IELTS could have expired, but you have the ability to redo it. What about someone whose age falls into the next level and they lose the points required to reach 67. Even greater shame for those who can do nothing to change that.

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Yeah too bad for us striving to achieve what is achievable but others are trying to make it unreachable. Like Kenney wanting to modify requirements for FSW and make it harder for people to meet the criteria.. (sigh). With the IELTS, I got both of your ideas. There are things you can have control of, but you end up investing and throwing away money. There are things you cannot change and can't do anything at all! That's the sad thing! (whew!)
So my question is, do you know anyone or in your own ideas, Is someone who is having a working visa in Canada can apply for a Permanent visa? what are the requirements?

Thanks
theatan

abbyranger99

Oct 31, 2011
theatan said:
Yeah too bad for us striving to achieve what is achievable but others are trying to make it unreachable. Like Kenney wanting to modify requirements for FSW and make it harder for people to meet the criteria.. (sigh). With the IELTS, I got both of your ideas. There are things you can have control of, but you end up investing and throwing away money. There are things you cannot change and can't do anything at all! That's the sad thing! (whew!)
So my question is, do you know anyone or in your own ideas, Is someone who is having a working visa in Canada can apply for a Permanent visa? what are the requirements?

Thanks
theatan
Absolutely !!! I agree with you, the sad thing is there are always people who want to let others passed on the hole of the needle..they want to get the best immigrant to their country