+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already stayed 2yrs 11months 29 days outside Canada. Need to go out for 7days

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Good day friends. Thanks for your support of the past.
I am presently in Canada with my family on a job as a doctor. I am planning to go out of Nigeria for just 7 days. I have already stayed out of Canada for 2yrs 11months 29 days. Please advice me. I need to go urgently. I have to go and write my final exam for a course/training I have gone through. I need to write it because I need to use the certificate in Canada to get a better job than I have now.

Do you suggest I just go OR should I contact Canada immigration/boarder service.

Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By going, you risk your PR. If you feel it's worth the risk, it's your choice. There is nothing you can do by contacting immigration beforehand. They will not be able to give you a free pass to go for a week when you are already at your limit.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Thank you.
I mean I need to go to Nigeria for just 1 week. I am presently in Canada.
It's very important I write the exam.
Can I go without facing problem on return
It's going to be 6 days in breach of PR obligation.
My PR is valid
But I have already reach the limit of time permitted out of Canada (3 yrs)
Thank you

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
TJ2010 said:
Thank you.
It's going to be 6 days in breach of PR obligation.
My PR is valid
Thank you
There is a risk. But in your case I think the risk is pretty small because you are so close to meeting your PR RO and you are already in Canada and would have left only one week ago when you try to return. You will be viewed with less suspicion then say someone who is trying to return after years away from Canada. However understand that there is no guarantee that you will not be reported.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
keesio said:
There is a risk. But in your case I think the risk is pretty small because you are so close to meeting your PR RO and you are already in Canada and would have left only one week ago when you try to return. You will be viewed with less suspicion then say someone who is trying to return after years away from Canada. However understand that there is no guarantee that you will not be reported.
Ok I saw your other post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/email-sent-to-cic-for-permission-on-humanitarian-ground-t415782.0.html

I need to take back what i said earlier in my last post. I didn't realize that you had just come back from a long absence and now want to leave again. I thought you had come back awhile ago and have been living in Canada for some time. In light of more details about your scenario, I see that you actually have very little days in Canada hence your risk is higher than I initially thought.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
Thank you.
It's going to be 6 days in breach of PR obligation
My PR is valid
Thank you
6 days in breach of the PR obligation is still a breach and still a risk to your PR. Nobody can promise that you wont face problems upon your return. If an immigration officer decides to report you for being in breach of the RO, they can.

However, if your wife stays in Canada and she still meets the RO, she could sponsor you again if you lose your PR.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
I have a job here and I have filing tax in the last 3 years.
I am fully resident here
Can't this help

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
TJ2010 said:
I am fully resident here
Can't this help
Not if you were not physically present here, you know you are in breach and have very little physical presence already, so nothing will help, however you can hope that the officer will not report you, keeping in mind that everytime you will do that, because you cut it so short on the RO, you will be at risk. If this is your last trip and you feel you can't delay it until it doesn't threaten your RO, you will need to hope for the best and have luck. This will likely not qualify for H&C though so if you get reported it will have significant consequences.

(as mentioned though if your family can meet its RO, then you may still have a chance even if reported, but at this point it is playing with luck).

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
TJ2010 said:
I am fully resident here
Can't this help
You are not understanding what people are telling you here, no matter how you try to justify it if you violate the RO for even 1 day you risk your PR status. The reason does not matter.

Sure things may help if you are ever reported and appeal based on H&C reasons, but NOBODY can guarantee what will happen in that case. As was mentioned, it's really up to you if you want to risk traveling and violating your RO. As I see it, one of 3 things will happen:
1. You will be let back into Canada without being reported, so you can then stay here until you meet the RO again and renew your PR card
2. You'll be reported by CBSA upon return for not meeting RO, you can appeal the decision, and if you win the appeal based on H&C you can keep your PR status.
3. You'll be reported for not meeting RO, appeal, and if appeal is denied you'll lose your PR status