+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already Credentialed Physios; to be re evaluated by the new agencies?

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
The new FSW rule is quite interesting if not confusing. This doesn't particularly apply to me, but just musing on a potential scenario that am sure will apply to many.

The examining body and the credentialing body for Physiotherapist for the purpose of licensing in Canada is the Canadian alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators. What I am not sure is, what will now happen to those who had already completed the Alliance credentialing and are eligible for the exam? Would they have to do another academic evaluation for Immigration purpose? Surely, if the main reason for the CIC education evaluation is too ascertain applicants readiness for licensing in Canada. it makes no sense to ask those who have been deemed eligible by the Alliance to go and do another credential evaluation...................... ::)

9j

janeyandstuart

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
I am in a similar position. My degree (in Medical Imaging) is Australian but I've already flown to Canada and sat accreditation exams in my field. There was an extremely stringent criteria to even be allowed to sit the exam to begin with. It makes no sense to still go through ECA but I'm doing it anyway as I don't want the red tape to get in the way of my application.