+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost Ready to submit - got 3 questions...

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
not requested:)
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
Hi All,

We are almost ready to submit, for an OUTLAND processing of our Sponsorship, Temp Work Permit and Residency applications.
We are 1 year + in canada together, etc etc. I am the PA, my GF is sponsoring me.

Some questions:
1. How exactly should we show/state within the package that we want the PR application to be processed in the London Office?
2. Below is the current list of contents for my PR application - are there any errors, omissions?
1. Cover Letter
2. Original of IMM 0008 Generic (Application for Permanent Residence)
3. Original of IMM 5490 (Spouse Partner Questionnaire)
4. Original of IMM 0008 Schedule 1 (Background – Declaration)
5. Original of IMM 1017 SCL (Medical Report)
6. Original of IMM 5491 (Document Checklist)
7. Original `Option C Print Out` from the Canada Revenue Agency
8. Original of RCMP Background Check
9. Application Fee Receipts
10. 8 x Passport Photographs
11. Irish Passport (Photocopy)
12. Irish Birth Certificate (Photocopy)
13. Expired Work Visa (Included to show proof of previous permission to work)
14. Expired SIN Card (Included to show I have not been a burden on the State)
15. Certificates of Education
16. Narrative Description of our Relationship
17. Annotated Photographs of our relationship and life together (40+)
18. Proof of Shared Costs, Financial Exchanges with each other (Bank Statements, etc)
19. Letters of Statutory Declaration from Friends and Family (c.20+)
20. List of Typical Questions with Answers
21. List of Gifts to each other
22. Phone Records
23. Proofs of my Places of Residence from the last 10 years
24. Letters of Reference from my Previous Employers
25. Resume
3. Temporary Work Permit - I believe this is processed and a decision made in CPC-M, BEFORE the PR application is forwarded on to London?

Any other help/info would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
IA

campesinaj

Star Member
Jan 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima, Peru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2010
AOR Received.
29-06-2010 In Process in Lima
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
I can't comment on all your questions since the requirements vary from region to region. I would suggest following the checklist and getting someone else to look it over with you for the "extra pair of eyes" and just make sure you follow their list.

as for the visa office, i recall filling out a box right at the beginning of the application documents stating which office we want to process through. it's on the "application for permanent residence in Canada" IMM0008. right after the language and before the name info.

hope this helps!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You have a place to indicate what visa office you want to process the application on form 0008, at the top right before question 1; and on immigration form 1344A, section C, question 6 a), b), and c).
It sounds like your proof is good.
What, though, does number 20 look like?

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
canadianwoman said:
You have a place to indicate what visa office you want to process the application on form 0008, at the top right before question 1; and on immigration form 1344A, section C, question 6 a), b), and c).
It sounds like your proof is good.
What, though, does number 20 look like?
Well, I got the list of typical questions used for married couples, and simply answered them, adjusting the q's to suit our common law status and deleting the incompatible ones (eg who witnessed your wedding, etc).

Might it be a bit presumptuous/suspicious?
IA

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I am assuming that when you send in the Temp work permit you have a job offer and LMO?

Otherwise there is no way you will receive a work visa before you are granted PR.

Only those, being sponsored Inland, will receive an OWP with first stage approval.

Work visa's are only processed at Vegreville, so any work visa application should be sent in to a separate office from your Outland PR application.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
I just spotted you put 4x passport photos? For London its 8 x Immigration photos (same size as UK passport photos but head dimensions around 28mm)!!

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
angelbrat said:
I am assuming that when you send in the Temp work permit you have a job offer and LMO?

Otherwise there is no way you will receive a work visa before you are granted PR.

Only those, being sponsored Inland, will receive an OWP with first stage approval.

Work visa's are only processed at Vegreville, so any work visa application should be sent in to a separate office from your Outland PR application.
sh*t.

So, in order to get working asap here in Toronto, and without a job offer and an LMO, i would need to:
1) apply INland
2) include a TWP application
- then, first stage approval will result in Sponsor approval and TWP approval? f
- From there on I renew my TWP as needed while my PR app goes through the wringer at CPC-v?

If i apply OUTLAND i can get PR faster, but cannot work until that is granted AND i have the card in my hand?

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If i apply OUTLAND i can get PR faster, but cannot work until that is granted AND i have the card in my hand?
That is correct! And the work permit you are requesting for is actually called an Open Work Permit. This permit is usually good for 2 years (not 100% sure but maybe other members can confirm this for me?) so you don't have to keep extending your stay in Canada. You usually get the first stage decision with your OWP (if approved) after about six months.

Good Luck!!

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
jeans22 said:
That is correct! And the work permit you are requesting for is actually called an Open Work Permit. This permit is usually good for 2 years (not 100% sure but maybe other members can confirm this for me?) so you don't have to keep extending your stay in Canada. You usually get the first stage decision with your OWP (if approved) after about six months.

Good Luck!!
Ah, thanks!

Man, just when you think you have a grasp on the damn system...

Well I'm not going to get a job offer AND an LMO anytime soon - LMOs being a giant pain in the a$$ to achieve, esp for the employer, and by the time its processed I might as well have just gone the full outland PR/OWP route.
so, i guess I've gotta submit the PR app and hope we/I get processed in record time.

Great. :/

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
jeans22 said:

Good Luck!!
Wait, just to ask a silly question - the open work permit - thats a separate form to filled and included, or is it implied in a PR?

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IrishApplicant said:
Wait, just to ask a silly question - the open work permit - thats a separate form to filled and included, or is it implied in a PR?
You have to fill in a separate from. Here's the link for the form -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF

Check box "C" and the fee is $150 for a work permit. Put it in a separate envelope, mark the outside "OWP - To be processed with Approval in Principle" and put that envelope inside your PR application package.

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...