+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year since I applied for citizenship.....

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
I contacted the local citizenship office and this is what they responded:
"We are waiting for one of your clearances to be passed by one of our external partners. Unfortunately we do not have an estimate with regards to how long this will take as it is out of our control"
So, 12 months is not written in stone I assume.
What’s their turn around time while contacting your local office?
Thanks so much

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Just so you guys know where I'm at...

If this isn't an obvious case of an officer NOT doing their job and stalling an application unnecessarily, I don't know what is...

I'm gonna try my MP; if not, I'll escalate this to a lawyer. I just don't know what to do/think anymore.
Hi send the request but I wasnt sure which one I have to choose.
Just so you guys know where I'm at...

If this isn't an obvious case of an officer NOT doing their job and stalling an application unnecessarily, I don't know what is...

I'm gonna try my MP; if not, I'll escalate this to a lawyer. I just don't know what to do/think anymore.
Hi Dear
I send the request today , but when I wanted to sent I wasnt sure about one part of form.

There was 2 chooses

1- status update of file/ reason for refusals / officer electronic notes

2- the application supporting documents and correspondence sent to and/or from IRCC

I choose 1 .I will be appreciate let me know If I did mistake how can I correct it ?

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I contacted the local citizenship office and this is what they responded:
"We are waiting for one of your clearances to be passed by one of our external partners. Unfortunately we do not have an estimate with regards to how long this will take as it is out of our control"
So, 12 months is not written in stone I assume.
so if this is the case then this is gonna takes aloooooong time, March was my test and still IP

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
so if this is the case then this is gonna takes aloooooong time, March was my test and still IP
We are at mercy of the external partner (I heard it is a private company in States performing security clearances).
I'm planning to contact my MP next month and see if he can follow up on my case.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi send the request but I wasnt sure which one I have to choose.

Hi Dear
I send the request today , but when I wanted to sent I wasnt sure about one part of form.

There was 2 chooses

1- status update of file/ reason for refusals / officer electronic notes

2- the application supporting documents and correspondence sent to and/or from IRCC

I choose 1 .I will be appreciate let me know If I did mistake how can I correct it ?
Yes, you made the right choice.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
We are at mercy of the external partner (I heard it is a private company in States performing security clearances).
I'm planning to contact my MP next month and see if he can follow up on my case.
Not a private company, its CSIS.

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
I think we should just give up, honestly, if that's the case its just better to give up and let it go if it happens soon, good if not then whatever. I'm sick of waiting. I'm done with this.
If your US visa has been rejected in the past that's probably where the hold is. They send the request to cia and most probably they ignore to reply back to the query on time.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/applicants-for-canadian-visas-will-be-checked-against-us-databases/article6934557/

Last edited:

Winnipeg1207

Apr 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I applied on 27th of Oct. 2017, and my application is still in process. I have not been invited for test so far!!!

Have you guys contacted your MP to solve this problem? Does it help at all? What is your suggestion to convince the IRCC to consider the application in a more reasonable time?

Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
CSIS sends applicant's files to a private contractor in States for clearance check
(My source is a chat with an immigration officer I met during a event).
That's interesting but somehow why I am not surprised.... How about RCMP check? I called yesterday one of this CCRTIS location and the guy told me on the phone that IRCC want's since July this year from everybody a fingerprint. I do not know if this is the truth or not. Just wondering if anyone heard about this.