+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Allowed to leave Canada" can I come back?

s-p-o-n-k-a

Feb 4, 2011
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to enter Canada after I recieved an "Allowed to leave Canada" form (I left the country as I supposed to)are there any conditions or some time period before I can try to re-enter?

I want to have a visitor status and I have all documents necessary to be able to do so.

s-p-o-n-k-a

Feb 4, 2011
Thank you very much for your answer. ;)

The problem is that I don't need a visitor visa, so I will find it out at the airoprt once in Canada.. It means, if I am not allowed to get in I will have to go directly back to Europe, so I'm just trying to avoid this.

Do you think there is a record about me getting "Allowed to leave Canada" form in the system, even thought the officer said he wouldn't write a report about it? Is it possible that I am not flagged? Btw. I have a different passeport (the old one expired, I am changing for a biometric one).

Thank you very much for any help, it's very important for me to get back in...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

s-p-o-n-k-a said:
Thank you very much for your answer. ;)

The problem is that I don't need a visitor visa, so I will find it out at the airoprt once in Canada.. It means, if I am not allowed to get in I will have to go directly back to Europe, so I'm just trying to avoid this.

Do you think there is a record about me getting "Allowed to leave Canada" form in the system, even thought the officer said he wouldn't write a report about it? Is it possible that I am not flagged? Btw. I have a different passeport (the old one expired, I am changing for a biometric one).

Thank you very much for any help, it's very important for me to get back in...
1. There is a report in the system if you were "allowed to leave" Here is a quote from the Enforcement (ENF04) Manual No, 44(1) report but you were documented.

"The person is allowed to leave
Canada and their departure is
confirmed.
A BSO may determine a person to be inadmissible and allow
them to leave Canada pursuant to R42 if no A44(1) report is
prepared or transmitted. The examination concludes once their
departure is verified. If for any reason the person does not
depart, then the examination resumes."

2. The officer determined that you were inadmissible to Canada, and you were given a choice, leave or a report would be written. Unless you have overcome the reason for inadmissibility you can probably expect the same treatment, but this time the officer would go ahead with the report.

s-p-o-n-k-a

Feb 4, 2011
Hi,

thank you very much, that's actually what I found on the internet as well, there should be a note about this in the system..

Now I am just wondering under which information are these facts kept - my name? The number of my passport? The thing is that I changed my old expired passport for a new biometric one and there was actually a misunderstanding while filling all the papers at the airport - they used my middle name as my last name... So now I am pretty confused..

Just to let you know - I've never tried to break any law in Canada, the reason why they didn't let me in is that it seemed that I didn't have enough prove to show them I will leave the country...

Thank you very much for any help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

s-p-o-n-k-a said:
Hi,

thank you very much, that's actually what I found on the internet as well, there should be a note about this in the system..

Now I am just wondering under which information are these facts kept - my name? The number of my passport? The thing is that I changed my old expired passport for a new biometric one and there was actually a misunderstanding while filling all the papers at the airport - they used my middle name as my last name... So now I am pretty confused..

Just to let you know - I've never tried to break any law in Canada, the reason why they didn't let me in is that it seemed that I didn't have enough prove to show them I will leave the country...

Thank you very much for any help
Name, Dob, PP No. don't worry they will find you in the system.

Feb 22, 2011
If your problem was just documentation, then you'll be fine...just make sure you tick all the boxes and cover all bases.

For some reason I'm not allowed to post links so if you can interpret this, please use it. Just join up the address and it should be ok.

www . cic . gc . ca / english / visit / index . asp

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irishsnowmobiler said:
If your problem was just documentation, then you'll be fine...just make sure you tick all the boxes and cover all bases.

For some reason I'm not allowed to post links so if you can interpret this, please use it. Just join up the address and it should be ok.

www . cic . gc . ca / english / visit / index . asp
I believe that you need a few more posts before you can post links.