+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Can somebody please explain what a ghost update is
When u open gckey, ur application status appears as application/profile updated but when u open there is no change. After u logout and login again, ur application status changes back to submitted. That is what we call a ghost update.

You see ghost update when an officer touches ur profile, like ur application is approved or before u get ppr. It can also appear for small changes like ur eligibility or security is passed or ur medical has been expired and they ask u to get it done again or they simply extend it.

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
When u open gckey, ur application status appears as application/profile updated but when u open there is no change. After u logout and login again, ur application status changes back to submitted. That is what we call a ghost update.

You see ghost update when an officer touches ur profile, like ur application is approved or before u get ppr. It can also appear for small changes like ur eligibility or security is passed or ur medical has been expired and they ask u to get it done again or they simply extend it.
Thank you, can we assume that they would have done a mass medical extension yesterday :)

akashskaria

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018

Thank you

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
I believe they might have just refreshed all the applications at NDVO which were dormant for a long time and that caused the ghost update. If it had any significance, at least a few people would have got some updates by now.

KavyaPrathap

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Has anyone observed that the application details under the progress bar and the heading has been changed to a hyperlink and when we click on the link it redirects to another page which is unfortunately not available.

Reactions: kands

PinkaSnow

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Thank you, can we assume that they would have done a mass medical extension yesterday :)
I am a May 2019 applicant. And completed my medicals in July 2019.
In July 2020, I got a ghost update with reference to my medicals. It currently is "you do not need a medical....." comment.

I got another ghost update on Monday.
So maybe it might not be for the mass medical extension.

Reactions: HopingForPR

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
No prearrival? Direct ppr?

Paul09, Im gonna find you and Im gonna buy you a big box of Timbits!
I responded to your message without checking your old posts.

I've also got ghost update yesterday and I was hoping to get DM today. Unfortunately nothing came in today, but I'm now hopeful.

PA is from India and VO Is CPC-Mississauga.

I noticed application who got ghost update from CPC-Mississauga, got DM in a week or two.

What's your timeline and VO.