Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Have you contacted immigration? Has anything on ecas been updated? Have you tried asking your MP’s office to contact CIC for you, just to see if they can give you a time frame even. The unknown is always the hardest!
All of the above ☹ December 20th I called and was told all documents have been uploaded ...it's just sitting for an officer to review . My MP called on my behalf they told her that they had all the documents and his medical ....that's all the info they could provide. They told her that appeals are not faster processed then regular (which I think is not true ).....she said she tried her best ....but at the end of the day from I understood it's sitting there waiting to be processed. I also sent a letter in the mail to the minister and emailed immigration . The email response was just my file was in line to be reviewed by officer .

If I don't hear anything by January 20....one month since I last contacted them I'll try emailing again, calling, writing another letter to the minister and maybe my MP again ? What do you think ?

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Have you contacted immigration? Has anything on ecas been updated? Have you tried asking your MP’s office to contact CIC for you, just to see if they can give you a time frame even. The unknown is always the hardest!
Its annoying because I'm giving birth on April 15....not knowing if he will be here is painful. I'm going to all these prenatal classes by myself , go to all doctor appointment by myself while everyone had their partners .... And everyone at work and friends ...everyday "when Maher coming ?" And e eryday I have to explain I don't know and explain the whole process. I'm trying to hold it together but it's hard . We both feel powerless .

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Its annoying because I'm giving birth on April 15....not knowing if he will be here is painful. I'm going to all these prenatal classes by myself , go to all doctor appointment by myself while everyone had their partners .... And everyone at work and friends ...everyday "when Maher coming ?" And e eryday I have to explain I don't know and explain the whole process. I'm trying to hold it together but it's hard . We both feel powerless .
I would continue to contact them, maybe you will get someone on the phone who is interested in helping and search for what you are looking for. My MP’s office has been great I have to say....keep the faith girl

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
April will be 8 months since appeal correct? If he’s not here by then there’s an issue....most applications now are only taking 6-8 months from start...appeals are already started. Why does it take so long to approve?!?!

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
April will be 8 months since appeal correct? If he’s not here by then there’s an issue....most applications now are only taking 6-8 months from start...appeals are already started. Why does it take so long to approve?!?!
Yes April will be 7 months . So I'm hoping things get moving these next two months ☹ I know I feel we should be priority all of us who won appeals l.....they already out us through the ringer with their unfair processes.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
I would continue to contact them, maybe you will get someone on the phone who is interested in helping and search for what you are looking for. My MP’s office has been great I have to say....keep the faith girl
Yeah of I don't hear anything by next week I'll contact everyone again .

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
I hope this the case for me to.....send updated forms november 9th....they recieved and updated Nov 14....and been waiting since then ☹
Updated form will take a month probably. Mid March should b
Well I sent updated forms/medical/security november 9th. And have been waiting since then. What do you think will take a month ?

Another lady on here sent her updated forms Jan 5 two months after me and got a "pre arrival email " already.

I wonder if the process and speed vary on country regardless of if it go to Ottawa.
After receiving pre-arival means they are working on your visa to be stamp on your passport when they ask you for the original

Reactions: Alicee

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
All of the above ☹ December 20th I called and was told all documents have been uploaded ...it's just sitting for an officer to review . My MP called on my behalf they told her that they had all the documents and his medical ....that's all the info they could provide. They told her that appeals are not faster processed then regular (which I think is not true ).....she said she tried her best ....but at the end of the day from I understood it's sitting there waiting to be processed. I also sent a letter in the mail to the minister and emailed immigration . The email response was just my file was in line to be reviewed by officer .

If I don't hear anything by January 20....one month since I last contacted them I'll try emailing again, calling, writing another letter to the minister and maybe my MP again ? What do you think ?
Why would you have to keep contacting if you have already send all updated form I know we all want to be with our spouses.just be positive and don't compare your file to other we have all different issue. Everytime you call they will always give you the same answer which is we are still working in your paper .be positive your husband will come before you givebirth

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Updated form will take a month probably. Mid March should b

After receiving pre-arival means they are working on your visa to be stamp on your passport when they ask you for the original
I never received this email. Another member did

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Why would you have to keep contacting if you have already send all updated form I know we all want to be with our spouses.just be positive and don't compare your file to other we have all different issue. Everytime you call they will always give you the same answer which is we are still working in your paper .be positive your husband will come before you givebirth
Well other members who continue to contact them and advocate for themselves have had success and recommended it

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Well other members who continue to contact them and advocate for themselves have had success and recommended it
I would afterall if we don’t look after ourself, who will? I have called a few times since Nov 30 and my Mp’s Office has called twice...each time we got better news than the last time. Don’t give up. We have the right to know what’s happening with our files

Holymoses

Dec 30, 2016
Pls I don't understand those that mean the whole processing time for the appeal is 6-8 months ??

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Pls I don't understand those that mean the whole processing time for the appeal is 6-8 months ??
No, most ADR appeals take I’m guessing around a year+ from start of appeal to visa...we are 10 mths from denial now and I think we are getting close

Our original application took 5 months from submitting to interview (where my husband was denied) so appeal is actually double what we waited originally. Isn’t exactly fair after going through the whole thing but as well all know....nobody at CIC cares

Reactions: msrangi

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
No, most ADR appeals take I’m guessing around a year+ from start of appeal to visa...we are 10 mths from denial now and I think we are getting close

Our original application took 5 months from submitting to interview (where my husband was denied) so appeal is actually double what we waited originally. Isn’t exactly fair after going through the whole thing but as well all know....nobody at CIC cares
To be honest and on offense, you are the extremely lucky one, that you only waited 10 months from denial to DM. The majority people here won't get ADR, then in general speaking, it will realistically to wait about 2 years just to get the hearing date for their full appeal. So, don't keep giving the false expectations to those unfortunate ones. The waiting is already hard for them.

Reactions: msrangi

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey has anyone here had to wait for a written decision after their full hearing? I'm wondering about how long of a wait to expect....